What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cloning Failing? Tried Everything? Found the missing link?

The title of this thread is "Clone Failing? Tried Everything?".

Everyone has the right to comment on any thread on this site.

Like I said earlier dude, this thread isn't really about cloning in dirt.
Do you reply to threads by title only and not read the first post? Reading the first post to get the subject/topic underway is usually a good thing to do, I think it shows a little respect to the author too.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tried running the bubbler with a half strength seawater as used in a mates reef aquarium , normally a few longer roots in rainwater at six days but a lot more shorter ones here in saline.

Not very scientific but interesting.

picture.php

Herborizer

Veteran
Easy way to prove "it's the water". Wash your bubbler, ezcloner, etc in the dishwasher with dishwasher soap. Buy sping water in the sealed 2gal containers from the store. Clone with this water. Make sure you don't cross contaminate. Any amount of your "faucet" or RO water touching the cloner can ruin the whole test. Once you have done this and have success, which you will, then it's time to investigate your water. You will have no doubts.

Pomodoro

Any idea what the ppm of the salt water was? I have a bunch of these cloners, and would like to experiment. So far my results with the pool shock are mixed. got nice roots on one cloner in about a week. Absolutely nothing in another cloner, and that one has been in going for about 10 days. Very frustrating.

Tried running the bubbler with a half strength seawater as used in a mates reef aquarium , normally a few longer roots in rainwater at six days but a lot more shorter ones here in saline.

Not very scientific but interesting.

View Image

ThePizzaMan

Veteran
Herborizer...you have saved the day. Due to high temperatures..i was having a terrible time cloning...even strains that were relatively easy to clone. Mushy rotted stems was the norm up until I started using the pool shock at 1fl.oz per 5 gallons..I run it in my reservoirs as I am all ebb and flood at this point.

Now I have root nubs in 5 to 7 days. i will never use an ez-cloner without it again!

Cheers

TPM

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Yeah I'm very good at cloning I admit until I ran into one of my fav clones ever and I could never clone it EVER..(Trainwreak clone only) Turns out there was a trick that NO ONE would tell anyone as they wanted to sell this clone to everyone so they could make the cash. When I would ask they would never tell me. I knew there was a trick and this was what it was:
Diffused light:
They used a white screen and diffused the light going to the clone as this particular clone did not like direct light. After this all was well with the world.. headband 707:tiphat:

hxvoc

just ran aero cloner for 14 days with no roots. ran bleach solution for a couple hours, ran the chlorine solution for a couple hours and rinsed clean.

I am starting day 1 on the cloner 2marw with this new chlorine additive. Hopefully i can get consistant numbers now. Trying to get a perpetual going.

will post back with results

noworries

I left a clone in too long, got a little bit of the brown slime on it. I drained the E-Z cloner, refilled, added a fresh 2 oz of the "clear rez" copy cat mixture and got rid of anything with roots that was in the cloner.

I already had some cuttings in it for about 3 days, should i trash these as well or may they be alright?

sso

Veteran
that kinda make sense.

in fact when you are talking about advanced cloning (cloning from a bit of leaf or something like that.)

the Key issue always stressed in any manual.

is sterile sterile sterile.

what does chlorine do?

:)

(guess im off to buy chlorine, i live in a country where chlorine does not come out of the faucet.)

G

greenmatter

the homedepots in my city doesnt carry pool shock, any other suggestions?

walmart, lowes ,home depot, and ace all have the stuff in my area. might get harder to find when they all go into winter mode. is there a pool/spa store in your town?

Rabbi

walmart, lowes ,home depot, and ace all have the stuff in my area. might get harder to find when they all go into winter mode. is there a pool/spa store in your town?

yeah their is and obviously im sure they'll have some pool shock but if it's different in strength(different brand) than I won't know how much to mix...or are they generally all the same?

G

greenmatter

i don't think the math on that would be all that hard, if there is any to do at all.

get the closest thing possible and figure it out from there ........ you can't do a thing till you get your hands on some pool shock and can read the actual label to find out what you have

mine says 68% calcium hypochlorate 32% inert ingredients

Rabbi

i don't think the math on that would be all that hard, if there is any to do at all.

get the closest thing possible and figure it out from there ........ you can't do a thing till you get your hands on some pool shock and can read the actual label to find out what you have

mine says 68% calcium hypochlorate 32% inert ingredients

Perfect, thx man. I'll grab some tomorrow and go from there.

Rabbi

ok so I just ordered some on-line.

Just to make sure I understand this correctly, I'm suppose to add the chlorine every 3 days, correct?

G

greenmatter

the only thing i use it for is cloning. i use it every time i spray the cuttings or drench the rapid rooters

L

LumpStatus

I assume he's referring to using an aero cloner of some sort....in which case, if I'm reading correctly, add every 3 days. You are correct. I haven't tried it yet but I'm going to try it soon.

Latest posts

Latest posts