What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cloning Failing? Tried Everything? Found the missing link?

Report back on repeat success or failure.

I have continued to use 1ml per 5 gallons every 3 days in all my systems.

I never changed the water in the cloner, havent even checked the ph, I just took new cuttings and threw them in. I can report its been a success!! They have all rooted within 12 days. I'm just going to do it again, not even change the water, I looked in and its clear.

Veg system and flower system have been great too, no ill effects from the chlorine at all.

Herborizer

Veteran
I have continued to use 1ml per 5 gallons every 3 days in all my systems.

I never changed the water in the cloner, havent even checked the ph, I just took new cuttings and threw them in. I can report its been a success!! They have all rooted within 12 days. I'm just going to do it again, not even change the water, I looked in and its clear.

Veg system and flower system have been great too, no ill effects from the chlorine at all.

Awesome! Great results. It makes sense that it would work like that. Chlorine to the rescue!

:)

Herborizer

Veteran
Another tip. When making your chlorine water (the diluted chlorine water that you put into your cloner, etc), consider making a little on the side in a glass tray. After cutting the cut from the mother, dunk the whole cut under this water for a few minutes. I find that this helps with hydration and for sterilization of the cut.

Thats a good tip. For me, its been 100% success rate since adding the chlorine. All I am doing is taking a cutting, then re-cut the stem at a 45degree angle, into a neoprene collar and into the DIY aero cloner. Couldnt be easier.

How's about pebbles in the tray homies?

How's about pebbles in the tray homies?

Tap water, rockwool...all credit to Chaco! Peace

picture.php

picture.php

Herborizer

Veteran
Thats a good tip. For me, its been 100% success rate since adding the chlorine. All I am doing is taking a cutting, then re-cut the stem at a 45degree angle, into a neoprene collar and into the DIY aero cloner. Couldnt be easier.

Great news. Glad it's working for you.

i just finished 9 succesful clones, i just cut them and stuck them in moist soil and then in a week i had roots. i would have documented it but i don't have a camera right now.

you guys still messing about with all these chemicals and shit huh?

ill run 9 more in a little while and take pictures. i don't know why you guys are having such a hard time, it really is as easy as cutting the clones and sticking them in wet dirt and waiting.

Your writeup is great & awesome pics, but it is useless for a large portion of growers..... we don't all grow in dirt. Even some dirt growers don't like the idea of humidity dome's so they bubbler or aeroclone than transfer.

You are using tap water, very good chance you already have the missing link bro'.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i didnt delete any posts, but the you tube link should be good to go now.

check the pic to see how to do the you tube link embedding:

Attachments

• Picture-1.jpg
    Picture-1.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 20

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
i didnt delete any posts,

But, I have. If your post is gone it's for flaming or otherwise dragging the thread off topic.

Please remember a glitch is a glitch. It is not a personal attack against you or IC. It's not an excuse to go to war.

Next time you get a re-direct, hit the browser's BACK button. When IC returns, hit the STOP LOADING button.

Latest report.....

I am still using the same cloner water from the original set up started on december 10th. So 1 month 11 days without a change of water and another successful run. That was my 3rd round. 4th are in and I expect good roots in about 10 days.

smokem81

I found Shock n Swim but its SUPER ShocknSwim. Ingredients listed are 52% Calcium Hypochlorite 48% Other with Minimum available Chlorine 49%
Add 1lb per 12,000 gallons weekly.
States on the bag not to mix with other products or dissolve before use.

Am I okay with this product?

Thanks for any help.

Did you go with the Super Shock N Swim or did you find the regular? I'm in the same situation as u were. If you went with the Super, how did you wind up diluting it? Thanks in advance

Did you go with the Super Shock N Swim or did you find the regular? I'm in the same situation as u were. If you went with the Super, how did you wind up diluting it? Thanks in advance

I took the super back and bought the one described in the beginning. I didnt fancy chancing anything. The super is a little higher in concentration but is ph balanced. With the regular shock'n'swim I just add a little extra ph down when I top up the res in my veg and flower systems.

I think we have been through this before in this thread. Its about adding the chlorine to an aero set up....throwing in dirt pics isnt really relevant at all..is it?...is that how you have over 3000 posts ;) lol

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
I think we have been through this before in this thread. Its about adding the chlorine to an aero set up....throwing in dirt pics isnt really relevant at all..is it?...is that how you have over 3000 posts ;) lol

The title of this thread is "Clone Failing? Tried Everything?".

We're talking about cloning. There are so many ways to clone and there is not a wrong way or a right way to do it. If it works for you just do it. Nothing wrong with using chlorine. Sanitation in a propagation set up is very important. Just because you use it or someone else does is irrelevant.

I've cloned in just about every medium known to mankind. It is a matter of trial and error until you find one that works for you be it in a bubbler, aero or whatever.

Everyone has the right to comment on any thread on this site.

So what is the issue with 3000 posts. I don't worry about people who have only 2 posts. It's not a numbers game....I just get involved.