What's new

Clones in San Francisco, Oakland and surrounding areas (no spam, please)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to Harborside the other day and totally hated it. A bunch of clones and a guy that had no clue what he was talking about. When asked about a strain all he could do was pull out his little jar and show you a nug. Way to be informed buddy.

Anyway, Harborside is pretty much a giant waste of time unless you want to sit there running random gear trying to see if anything will end up legit in the end. I would assume people don't have the luxury of time to be playing guessing games with the kind of gear hey put into their rooms.

The best place for clones right now might be the Boulder Creek Medical Collective. They pretty much are just bringing together all the different growers from Boulder Creek, an area that has been rich with various genetics for years and creating a list of locals that will make you up whatever you wanted within a week or so. I think they have something like over 20 strains, not sure but the list was mounting last time I stopped in there.

Only other place to trust is Fruitridge....no doubt about it, but that is all the way in Sacramento. Well worth the drive if you have an idea about how bad it can be in the bay though.

I went to Harborside the other day and totally hated it. A bunch of clones and a guy that had no clue what he was talking about. When asked about a strain all he could do was pull out his little jar and show you a nug. Way to be informed buddy.

Anyway, Harborside is pretty much a giant waste of time unless you want to sit there running random gear trying to see if anything will end up legit in the end. I would assume people don't have the luxury of time to be playing guessing games with the kind of gear hey put into their rooms.

The best place for clones right now might be the Boulder Creek Medical Collective. They pretty much are just bringing together all the different growers from Boulder Creek, an area that has been rich with various genetics for years and creating a list of locals that will make you up whatever you wanted within a week or so. I think they have something like over 20 strains, not sure but the list was mounting last time I stopped in there.

Only other place to trust is Fruitridge....no doubt about it, but that is all the way in Sacramento. Well worth the drive if you have an idea about how bad it can be in the bay though.

Never heard of Boulder Creek. Where is it? Only delivery?

Testing some Chem D, Apollo 11, and Stardawg (Chem 4 x Chem D x Afgani) from H-side, still vegging so I wont have anything to report for a while.

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
from BS I GOT two phenos of casey if not more.
one is long spear buds smells of twreck.
the other is pine cone shaped buds and smells sweet hashy more of a sd.
the other is whispy bud skunky as a mofo .
yeah, I gotta second this experience. someone told me that the CJ @ BS was the joeshmoe cut, but this is not the case. i had the joeshmoe cut and it put out liter bottle sized buds that stank so bad my girl begged off trimming it. i have 3 in bloom right now and none of them are on track for the yield or the flavor/smell of the shmoe cut. a couple are close for the flavor/smell, but not the intensity of the odor or the yield. it's a pity. bye bye CJ!:wave:

Sparky 6

Here's the Purps I got from Harborside. It's at 37 days right here. smells pretty sweet with a grapey perfume.

Looks great, probly from the same plants I got mine from. Nice deep dark green leaves- mine are lighter but I had Ph problems being that it's my first grow. How long did you veg for?

trybud

whats joes cut like? i have 1 i kept from a pack. It's a fast growing, heavy yielding stretch monster. buds are really diesel dominant, more like burnt brake fluid and it turns purple with temp drop.

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sounds similar to the shmoe cut, but mine never turned purple. maybe my temp drop wasn't enough.

ridgedogs

Went to Harborside this morning. Picked up one clone each of xxxchem, chemdog, santa cruz kush, grapes and sour diesel. There must have been 60 people in line for bud.

Sparky 6

I just picked up some Santa Cruz bud at my dispensary and it's powerful good. I'll probably pick up a couple cuts of that.

T

theJointedOne

Hey

in your guys opinion whats the BEST or a few of THE BEST clones in the bay for commercial grows.

I know BD is good, I am a big fanof the green crack. Any ideas please let me know!

Raspect

Hey

in your guys opinion whats the BEST or a few of THE BEST clones in the bay for commercial grows.

I know BD is good, I am a big fanof the green crack. Any ideas please let me know!

Raspect

Hindu Skunk is easy & has a lot of weight. I heard salmon creek big bud is heavy, but I've never tried it myself. Of course there's train wreak, bc big bud, and as you mentioned blue dream.

Hindu Skunk- Half the clubs that carry clones have this.
Salmon Creek- Harbor side.
Train wreak- All over the place.
Blue Dream- Blue Sky.... You might want to bring a sleeping bag and show up the night before. They close at 8pm. If you show up around the time they close you can get a cup of coffee and snacks for your camp out.:coffee:

I was kidding a bit about the camp out, last time I showed up (for clones)at 7:30 there was only one person b4 me. That was a couple of years ago.
The very last time I stopped in (2 months ago?) they still had some clones at 2pm. Got some very good coffee on that visit.

Last edited:

Sparky 6

Over in Fairfield past Vallejo there's a new dispensary just starting. They have some cuts including Purple Kush, some kind of Haze and a couple of others so far. More importantly they are interested in getting good clone business going and are looking to buy quality cuts. I got a better feeling about that place for clones than many in that area, and soon they should be worth visiting if you're looking to buy.

Update on this new dispensary in Fairfield: They have a growing lesson followed by audience Q&A every Friday at 4 pm. They said the whole thing lasts up to an hour and a half.

I picked up a Ken's GDP clone from there today. I'll update when I grow it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.