What's new

Cinderella 99 The Come Back

Huemul

Thank you. Amazing work.

Any help in orden to get theses seeds?:

Joey Weed C99 (RECOMMENDED)
Peak Seeds BC (RECOMMENDED). Its close, after saw your recommendations I sent emails.

Thank you.

LostTribe

Premium user
Cindy --The Punch--

DSC08382.JPG
DSC08383.JPG

Hopefully cindy wont be lost again but you never know. Got plenty for friends maybe a small few for the server fund later on.

:ying:
LT

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
I have some C99 seeds on the way from Angus. Looking forward to popping them. They have some great offerings on their website (y)
@Brother Nature put me onto him in another thread
Sadly I just culled the TRSC they seem sort of like the fdm but from the more dominant astringent ones. Also columnar growth and wider leaf than I remember.

I would like to try a couple more before making a final opinion on them however. Might just be the wrong pheno. Thats what happend to me the first time I ran this one where I found the punch.

Last edited:

Dogeatweedworld

Cindy --The Punch--

View attachment 18725767 View attachment 18725768

Enough to spread around if anybody looking to test with visual feedback, they wont last long. These are approximately F5-F6 with 3 selected males as pollen donors as I wanted to try and give this the best chance at holding the sweet side. This stuff is not your stick to the sofa type stone it can have a racy edge. 52 Day mom with Sativa like growth on a more indica like plant with multi branching and medium yeild but also a very fast finisher.

LT
Definitely interested in running. Could pop in august.

Willing to trade? Have some rootbeer (meangene) x Chem 91 S1 (Csi Humboldt selected by Kevin jodrey) and bred by Durch Bloom —- beans from the regenerative cannabis conference

LostTribe

Premium user
PEAK SEEDS BC BEST CINDY
Credit where credit is due.

These recent pics/plants were from MJ over at Peak Seeds BC. I expect that he's keep the same parents going. He had some people try out different combinations of moms and males, which is the way to do it. Not quick and somewhat time consuming. I ran one of these a couple years ago, but only one seed. It was better than the Joey I had in with it. Recently I was searching through another one of the forums at another site and found some truly amazing pics that instantly re ignited my interest in looking through more of these. I ran one. Just one and found that "Metal" pheno. The "Punch" was found in the same pack and another 2 were grapefruit but fat and potent none the less. All very encrusted and very potent sativa smoke on plants that finish mid 50's. MJ seems to have improved stem strength a bit too. Hats off to them for this.

History on this like is that it started out with the original release from Brothers Grimm>Joey Weed 1st release> 1 pack from I believe Frost Bros> Given to MJ at Peak to preserve.

Hands down the BOTB, Best of the Best, Cindy I've ran out of most of the remakes and this one is definately a cut above the other offerings. They are different from Joey Weed's current release but I feel fairly strongly that may be due to selection. I ran out one pack from Peak and have a couple extra to hang onto.

Truth be told this stuff is so fire it makes me so jittery I keep saying I need to stop smokin it.

Its the real deal thats for certain. Any of the buds want to check some of mine its cool but otherwise give Peak a try and I bet we may find some ever more killer Cinderella in those beans. I think this about brings our project to somewhat of a close or maybe a transition into what everyone else might find in this offering. Hopefully this info will help others with anything from preservation to what things happen when lines go from P1>F2>F3 and onwards.

Selection of all parents and testing of progeny before killing your older stock are of the most importance. Cindy is a fine example of that as you can see from this thread. If you find yourself holding the last of a rare variety do your best to open pollenate as many as you possibly can, the more the better. While that is the priority in a situation like that, moving forward from an OP I would say that going back to any Parental stock and testing 1:1 Female:Male combinations can show a Breeder a great deal about each parents dominant and recessive tendencies. Recording how different females react to different males and how different females take to singular males is where I think that mother nature wins out. Large scale open pollination prevails but will take more searching to find keepers, where as 1:1 matings when tested out and done properly can provide seed end users with a more refined offering. But that isnt to say you should ever forgo OPEN POLLINATION. It is the best way for preservation.

As I have said many times on these forums, there is something very wrong going on in this new "Industry" and in my honest opinion care needs to be take before some very bad mistakes are made with regard to preserving pure old world varietals. I worry greatly that the bastardization of this sacred plant to the point of what may prove to become the EXTINCTION of the remaining LANDRACE cultivars.

THE MORE IMPORTANT THING IN THIS IS FOR THIS COMMUNITY TO INSIST UPON THE PRESERVATION OF WHAT IS LEFT BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE. DO NOT TAKE SEED TO OLD WORLD FOREIGN PLACES. EVER! IF YOU FIND YOURSELF IN THE PRESENCE OF HOLDERS OF PURE OLD STRAINS DO YOUR BEST TO EDUCATE THEM ON THE IMPORTANCE OF KEEPING THESE LINES CLEAN.

Just wanted to get that off my chest. Everyone here including myself can sometimes appreciate a hybrid but it should not be anyones priority. That is what truely makes one a real Breeder. Tom Hill is one that sticks out for me and the pure lines from Sam. In fact I think and hope that there are many still out there with old lines that are keeping things pure and doing the greatest breeding work in the world simply by letting nature do its thing and making more pure seed for the next growing season.

Pretty crazy how these lines move around over a couple decades of being worked through. For the most part the more dominant alleles from these cindy genes are pushing the line further away from the sticky sweet fruit and towards a slightly greasy more skunk piss type of plants. I feel MJ has really done an absolutely fantastic job with these and they are just so crusty man. If anyone ever wanted to run the real thing I give Peak my FULL recommendation. You simply won't find a better preserved and authentic example of Cinderella anywhere else.

That being said I have absolutely no affiliation with peak or any of the previously reviewed offerings from any of the banks.

🖐
🎤

HAHA!

Burn One
LT

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
I have a bunch of Peak C99 seeds and hybrids of it. Is this best of the best from older stock or would it apply to stuff I got a year back? Comparison to FDM? You thought they were the best at one time.
With respect to FDM I keep thinking back to some conversations I had with Ray Davies. Remember when I was talking about fruity, it was different from the others in that it has a citrus to it. I don't know but something about Cali-O maybe... The FDM is a citrus yet greasy cultivar, while Peak is more of the classic sticky sweet fruit when you find the right one. It is still necessary to grow out enough to find the right one as there are still grapefruit in the peak and with all these GF's you will still find varying degrees of greasy resin, but when you find the sweet one you will know the difference.

Peak wins out by a long shot in side by side comparisons with all other variables constant.

LostTribe

Premium user
Well that is unfortunate and might have something to do with the things that have changed in Canada. I am glad I completed this preservation project.

The community that saved her will have her again.

We will see if a certain server fund might be able to help out one last time it is too great for me to handle more than a few and as I have said many times I have never been in any of it for money only for preservation. Some are out there already and hope we will see some testing soon the almighty willing...

Anybody I already talked to and forgot about I will be away for a few more days but happy to chat next week.

LT

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
I think they are closed. This is what I was told in the email "Hello, I'm very sorry but we are now closed."
I checked my email and can also confirm that they are currently closed they hadn't been checking the email often but he did get back to me and said our thread has inspired him to search for some new phenos at some point. Best of luck to Peak and again much thanks!

Through his work Cinderella survives.
LT

I found some bag seeds and my buddie said it was c99 from California… day 40 bloom tomorrow…

Attachments

• D521B458-BBEA-432E-9FE3-92C34C327070.jpeg
    D521B458-BBEA-432E-9FE3-92C34C327070.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 77
  • A96C4C5B-CE58-4E87-A980-195DBA2EF33D.jpeg
    A96C4C5B-CE58-4E87-A980-195DBA2EF33D.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 76
  • 713C6E80-D39F-425D-A52C-F46F6BE7348E.jpeg
    713C6E80-D39F-425D-A52C-F46F6BE7348E.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 67
  • B01800A0-B8D2-4C7B-B350-F5115BACECBB.jpeg
    B01800A0-B8D2-4C7B-B350-F5115BACECBB.jpeg