What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cinderella 99 The Come Back

farm3r

PeakSeedsBC - C99

PeakSeedsBC - C99

Here are two PeakSeedsBC C99, just finishing week 7 flowering.
- Grown in 3 gallon fabric pots with organic living soil
- About 4 + feet tall.
- Not much smell even after rubbing my fingers against the sugar leaves.
- Lighting is Quantum Board LEDs on 11/13 light schedule.
- Top main buds' girth are bigger than beer can with a lot of foxtailing probably due to very high light intensity. I push them hard.
- I let them grow naturally as I need horizontal space. Usually I top once and LST for 4 main even colas. These C99 are super vigorous and would have responded well to topping and LST in order to make them bushy.

Looks like I'm going to chop one tomorrow and let the other run for a few more days where I will be monitoring the trichomes. Currently I can see about 5% amber trichomes on the sugar leaves but that's not good indication. I suppose you want a bit of amber trichomes on the actual calyxes/buds? But about 90% trics are cloudy. So, at 11/13 light schedule, the flowering time might have been reduced to one week less as Mike from PeakSeedsBC said it's 8 weeks flowering which was also seen on the seed pack labelling.

I will do a quick smoke report after quick dry and proper cure. This is my first time growing C99 and of course, looking for the grail.:joint:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]

[/FONT]

Last edited:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ For me I chop when I start seeing milky resin and do not wait on amber. Good looking plants, will be interested in your smoke report.

farm3r

^^ For me I chop when I start seeing milky resin and do not wait on amber. Good looking plants, will be interested in your smoke report.

You are right. I'm trying to get the flower to be as racy as possible since this is C99 we are talking about here and don't want any body effect. I was dragging it out a bit in hope of increasing yield and potency as more cloudy resins would form as time goes on. For sure, one will be chop tomorrow.

I know others have had different experiences with the Brother’s Grimm comeback release (2016, I believe?). In 2018, I finally bought a pack from Soul. I was skeptical as well so I bought C99 from Joeys Weed F2, FDM, GreenMan Organic which are all still in the queue too.

Out of respect, I started with MrSouls and got stellar results out of the first 5 seeds I popped.

As I said earlier, My pack was purchased in 2018, and I wonder if later editions were made from better selected males. What I mean is, IF, Soul truly has original Princess, along with Original seed stock from Pre-C99, like C88 or P75, it should just be a numbers game to find a similar male, especially if the original stock is as true breeding as the written stories go. Finding a male with the traits you want at that point, from properly inbred stock (cubing process), would be relatively easy and kind of what i suspect happened. Early comeback BG C99 was rushed out to get into the new market and establish a market presence, and the breeding work was done afterwards to pick the proper male for princess to get back to the 1999 releases.

Anyway, here are some pictures of my Pineapple leaning keeper, she’s spot on to what I remember. And when I get back to visit VA, where I moved packs of old school C99, from where I live in OR now, I’ll be able to physically compare it to a friend’s pineapple cut he’s held for 15+ years from the original releases.

C99 Brothers Grimm Seeds Purchased straight from MrSoul in 2018. These are under 315s, mixed kelvins, CO2. My own Living Soil mix, supplemented with Nectar for the Gods.

Around day 45:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This one was around day 40 but best zoomed out perspective of colas:
picture.php

Crazy Chester

That first pic - my original circa 2000 clone looked like that at day 45 also - that was my harvest time. Maybe Soul really did get his shit together - or maybe you just got a lucky seed!

LostTribe

Premium user
I know others have had different experiences with the Brother’s Grimm comeback release (2016, I believe?). In 2018, I finally bought a pack from Soul. I was skeptical as well so I bought C99 from Joeys Weed F2, FDM, GreenMan Organic which are all still in the queue too.

Out of respect, I started with MrSouls and got stellar results out of the first 5 seeds I popped.

He's still using the same parents whatever they may be. There is no pineapple in them. That looks like the BG New99 #4 I kept for a second run but they definitely have something wrong going on with them.

FDM are the only current offering similar to the originals.

I don't understand how people that never grew original C99 from Heavens Stairway or via CW would think they have the ability to know what the pineapple actually smelled like. The new99 smells fishy to me like its either had an OG or a Sour D mixed in. I harvested one of the purple phenotypes of Biker Kush v2 and it tastes almost exactly like the new99.

Also the High is completely off. There was way to much Indica stone in New99.

I really feel like a Rube for having even started this thread out pumping up his ego and his seed sales. TongG was right to get after me in the other thread before it got locked/deleted. I need to go back and delete all references to the new BG offerings as some may start reading and buy a pack before getting to the end of the thread.

LostTribe

Premium user
Here is an fine example of original c99 notice the stacked cola and the color is very light green this was posted by another member on page 2.

picture.php

Crazy Chester

Here is an fine example of original c99 notice the stacked cola and the color is very light green this was posted by another member on page 2.

View Image

I didn't grow the original pineapple pheno, but I did get the chance to pick up an ounce of it back in the day from the grower I got my grapefruit pheno clone from. Your beautiful photo is how I imagined those buds looked like when flowering, from the structure they had after they had been cured. But, dreaded's first pic was reminiscent of my original grapefruit pheno - and it was straight strong terped grapefruit - no mistaking it for pineapple. The pineapple pheno ounce I got just reeked of ripe sweet pineapple - not "fruity", "leaning pineapple" or "citrusy" - and it was a no ceiling no tolerance rocket ship ride!

LostTribe

Premium user
I didn't grow the original pineapple pheno, but I did get the chance to pick up an ounce of it back in the day from the grower I got my grapefruit pheno clone from. Your beautiful photo is how I imagined those buds looked like when flowering, from the structure they had after they had been cured. But, dreaded's first pic was reminiscent of my original grapefruit pheno - and it was straight strong terped grapefruit - no mistaking it for pineapple. The pineapple pheno ounce I got just reeked of ripe sweet pineapple - not "fruity", "leaning pineapple" or "citrusy" - and it was a no ceiling no tolerance rocket ship ride!

The stone in the new99 tells me all I need to know and the main reason I culled them even though they did look very nice they were not the authentic lost cultivar I had been waiting 20 years to see one more time.

The other pack of FDM I got are giving me the same results. I have one that has the same super fat hairs with a sweet ripe fruit its a bit different yet very similar in smell, growth and trichomes to the #1. I still haven't had a very great grow on the #1 but its got a soaring high and I am out again. Only ran a little one on the side last run I think they just got to much light too soon. Going to have to run another of that one.

the peak are filling in but hardly any noticeable smell.

Crazy Chester

" I still haven't had a very great grow on the #1 but its got a soaring high and I am out again."

Same boat here - at the moment - at least until my current grow crops in a month or so.

My #2 Peak keeper had a really rough go of it the first time around. Still, it had a moderately strong sweet pineapple smell, with a high on the edge of raciness. So, in my second round with near optimum conditions for #2, it's conceivable that I find it improves to a strong smell and a high that hits the pedal to the metal. Then I would up my rating of it and be satisfied indefinitely with it being "close enough".

Even with your sub-optimal conditions on the last grow that you allude to, I thought your #1 turned out to be your "close enough". If that's the case, once you get your grow conditions right, the next flowering of #1 could be your "indistinguishable from the original".:)

Those plants are loving it!

Appreciate the kind words, Brothaman.

I was ignorantly blessed to get to smoke a lot of the original BG Cindy9o through most of the 2000s when I lived in VA. I moved westward and just assumed I would be able to Find it out here because it was such a fire plant and haven’t seen that bud/pheno since I left. This last summer I linked up with a homie I ran with back then and he told me the same guy is STILL growing the same cut he’s held since 2001. I’m hoping to be able to acquire a cut when I visit in the future.

With that said, the closest thing I have ever smelled, so the original pineapple Cindy, is this. I’ll be popping the other seeds sooner than later so I could stand corrected.

Tribe, I hear what you’re saying. My pics are under the lights through my HID glasses, I’ll have better pics when they come down soon. They’re light green, but until i get a legit cut from a homie, all I can do is speculate which ones remind me of a flower I was once intimately attached too.

Whenever I look at pics of old buds I always try to keep in mind how light/environment/impacts expressions. I grow some of the same cuts under 315s thar I once grew under ventilated HPS 10 years ago, and some of the same cuts are different in morphology.

I don’t think I’ll ever find the “original”, 1999 F1 cross in 2020 inbred lines, for lots of reasons, inbreeding depression being just one. I’m just looking for smoke that makes me feel like Im 21 again.

There could be other stuff crossed into these new99 no doubt, but it definitely is not anything OG, Kush, Diesel, cookies,etc. I’ve grown And crossed with so many strains from those families I’m familiar with plant dominant In those.

This New99 is the same room with Triangle Kush, DogWalker OG, and a Diesel dominant hybrid and they couldn’t be night and day. I’ll know for sure when I make it back to VA and come home with a grail cut! I plan to keep my favorites from each seed pack/breeder to Compare to the real deal.

G

I enjoyed the bugman C99. A real pleasure to smoke.

The pineapple pheno I reported. Turns out it's very potent. A rip will cut through a whole day of smoking multiple strains, and get you a whole new level of stoned again. Ive only got one other strain that can do that atm.

Crazy Chester

I enjoyed the bugman C99. A real pleasure to smoke.

The pineapple pheno I reported. Turns out it's very potent. A rip will cut through a whole day of smoking multiple strains, and get you a whole new level of stoned again. Ive only got one other strain that can do that atm.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"...it's very potent. A rip will cut through a whole day of smoking multiple strains, and get you a whole new level of stoned again."[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Now, that's what I remember about the potency of a good C99!
[/FONT]

LostTribe

Premium user
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"...it's very potent. A rip will cut through a whole day of smoking multiple strains, and get you a whole new level of stoned again."[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Now, that's what I remember about the potency of a good C99!
[/FONT]

Both my C99 keepers are more than capable of that. They are my go to if I start out the day w some indica or I start to feel sluggish. A few tokes of either and its like a shot of adrenaline within a few minutes I am roaring to get busy and get moving.

picture.php

picture.php

My #4 is fully seeded this run with a few branches that got reversed and the rest hit w a selected male. The #1 I hit lowers w both male and reversed pollen. The #1 is getting really nice this time finally might get to try some decent buds off it. Its got a totally different bouquet and effect than the scary more haze influenced girl. The haze one has similar background smells to SLH after a 3 month cure.

I will update with some new pics as they are at 38 days now. Also need to get some proper cured bud pics up from the #4 the current pics don't do her justice.

LT

Latest posts

Latest posts