What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cinderella 99 The Come Back

G

LT
In your first picture, that bubbly or knobbly shaped bud, I have an iced grapefruit with the same bud structure and smells of the first 2 pictured C99s which to me is c99 sweetness, and fairly unique IME.
My friend doesn't agree with me on my pineapple description, says tropical. There's no citrus. I'd say sweet tarts. yet to discover any citrus in c99, but there is citrus in the Iced grapefruits.

Hi bugman. Aroma in the pineapple1 is special. She doesn't yield enough but I I have one currently flushed that will give me a taste of her grown properly.

Peace dots

LostTribe

Premium user
LT
In your first picture, that bubbly or knobbly shaped bud, I have an iced grapefruit with the same bud structure and smells of the first 2 pictured C99s which to me is c99 sweetness, and fairly unique IME.
My friend doesn't agree with me on my pineapple description, says tropical. There's no citrus. I'd say sweet tarts. yet to discover any citrus in c99, but there is citrus in the Iced grapefruits.

Hi bugman. Aroma in the pineapple1 is special. She doesn't yield enough but I I have one currently flushed that will give me a taste of her grown properly.

Peace dots

My favorite original BG were cotton candy sweetness if that makes sense. My current ones are more citrusy like citrus zest and a haze influence. But the smoke from both at times can be over powering.

I haven't had a clean seed free run on the 1 but hoping to get a decent run at 10 days although trying to reverse the 4 too so might get a bit from reversed lowers which I plan to chop off once they drop pollen.

I also have some selected c99 pollen I'd like to try to get some males.

I checked my vault the other day and have 7 healthy looking very old f3's I made from GNo3 f2's via Original Cindy. 3 additional unfinished husks my old friend saved for me. They weren't in a fridge for about 8 years so not sure how to go about them. Last several attempts were 0% successful. I am testing some sour og f2's I made that are about 8 years old I think also having germ issues.

Plan to try several different what I would call extreme attempts at gemming the sour og to possibly find a way to work the Cindy. Also considering a TC kit and PGR's.

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
i went back in my photos an i think this is my old c99
picture.php

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I will add that the C99 I have, which is a pheno of FDM, does not limit sleep at all. I smoke mostly at night and late into the night. An hour or at the most 2 hours after smoking, I am fine to sleep.

LostTribe

Premium user
Problems

Well I should have just gone with promix but wanted to try coco. Everything was doing okay but they recently started showing some yellowing and also starting to claw. This is Canna coco and initially wet it with 5ml calmag and maybe 250 ppm pip grow at 6.0 ph.

I hadn't checked runoff in weeks as everything looked healthy. So I was dumping the runoff tray and check it and found it to be EXTREMELY HIGH.

They are now in week 3 of bloom following 4 weeks in veg.
I have been feeding as follows:
RO
5ml/g calmag
topping off w pbp grow up to 500 for veg ( I was checking run off then and it was steadily the same as input)
no topping off w pbp bloom up to 850 for flower
Ph 6.0

RUNOFF IS EXTREMELY HIGH
2500ppm with 6.0 ph

I flushed it with RO and 250ppm calmag at ph 5.8 until runoff came down to ~650 total.

If anyone has any recommendation on how to proceed with these I would appreciate it. I have been reading all day and still unsure. I don't really understand the statements on cations unless it relates to how canna said the coco grows near salt water and is able to process saltwater for the trees to grow. Sorry if that's way off just need some expert advice.

It may be back to promix and soil if I cant fix it. I am at 3 weeks bloom.

My vegging plants are also having similar issues yet at a much lesser feed and runoff. Runoff still 2x feed. I may repot those in soil. These just started showing calcium def.

Really was hoping to reverse my keeper and even hit the other one....

Thanks
LT

G

Sorry dude what EC are you feeding?
Canna coco is high quality, pre buffered and fine to use straight out the bag. Plant clones in and water. (unless the bag is old or wet, in that case I'd flush as it's probably started to decompose.

I found all the flushing and pre-charging is only necessary for garden store compressed bricks.

Checking run off is rarely necessary.
I'm not famiar with your nutes. If they are formulated coco then that's good.
I swing my pH 5.6-5.9 so all micro/macros are available.
I use tap water mine is 0.2 EC, the extra minerals in the tap water are fine.
Any major fuck ups in Coco what I do is make a fresh calibrated nute mix, and flush them through well, this will require you to do it near a drain. It's basically just a reset. And make sure your tools are calibrated.

Crazy Chester

The Plants Want A Lower PH!

The Plants Want A Lower PH!

Sorry dude what EC are you feeding?
Canna coco is high quality, pre buffered and fine to use straight out the bag. Plant clones in and water. (unless the bag is old or wet, in that case I'd flush as it's probably started to decompose.

I found all the flushing and pre-charging is only necessary for garden store compressed bricks.

Checking run off is rarely necessary.
I'm not famiar with your nutes. If they are formulated coco then that's good.
I swing my pH 5.6-5.9 so all micro/macros are available.
I use tap water mine is 0.2 EC, the extra minerals in the tap water are fine.
Any major fuck ups in Coco what I do is make a fresh calibrated nute mix, and flush them through well, this will require you to do it near a drain. It's basically just a reset. And make sure your tools are calibrated.
I agree with this, LT. I think if you PH to 5.6 when you feed, but let it drift up in between feedings, your plants will get better. My Peak C99s get PH'd to 5.2 at feeding time and they drift up to about 5.6 - they love it! But, I'm growing "roots in" hydro with no medium. 5.6 PH was perfect when I grew in coco though. So, your PH starting at 6 may be preventing the plants from absorbing nutrients - starting at 5.6 should make a world of difference.

LostTribe

Premium user
I use coco and canna aqua and never had a prob is your coco draining well after you feed.

I have been trying to get them to run off once a day but feeding 4 x for the bloom and 6 for veg.

The veg are pretty wet showing over watering in a few and Calcium def.

Its new canna bricks.

I made RO + 250ppm calmag and ph'd to 5.8 and ran literally 400% water thru all the fabric pots until runoff was below what I had been feeding them on a 1 plant at a time basis.

Really worried about the cal def in the veg as they are Karma's new A5s1 and bandaid haze 7 A5's. 3 Nevil's as well.

The C99's are going to pull through but I am lost, no pun intended.

LostTribe

Premium user
I feel like the seedlings are suffering from a lack of dry period? They are 2 weeks old. I have been keeping them wet dripping 6x daily and trying to get runoff 1x per day.

An oldtimer once told me "Use what you got, do what you know." I am tired of screwing with new mediums. I think from here on out its either hydroton, promix or soil as I have a wealth of experience in all and this never happens in those mediums at least to this extent.

I am considering uprooting the veg and planting in 50/50 promix and happy frog soil. I went w coco + drip so I could be out of town but only have to travel for work once more before summer.

The drip cycle isn't getting runoff to every plant. I will try to increase my runoff and lower ph a bit more and drift up keeping it below 6. Its been 5.9 and up since start up.

Thank you all very much. I will update.
LT

G

The only time I water to runoff/flush the media through is when I plant in clones or transplant. Or early veg when I'm using small pots I may water them right through just to keep the media fresh and balanced.

I dont water seedlings or clones for days after planting, until the coco has begun to dry out or the pot has gotten some lighter. Because in my experience overwatering/daily watering small plants without established rootzone in Coco make for yellowing unhappy slow plants. Even larger plants that I've transplanted into larger pots, after the initial watering in I won't water daily until they've started to spread roots and drink daily.

This idea you should water the shit out of coco is off. It relates to large established plants who are actually using up the nutes between the small multifeeds.

I water flowering plants once daily. Or less if they don't need it. And I don't water to runoff, zero to very little runoff

MagillaG

IME, the biggest benefit of watering coco multiple times a day is the oxygen that is pulled down to the root zone every time you irrigate.

LostTribe

Premium user
The only time I water to runoff/flush the media through is when I plant in clones or transplant. Or early veg when I'm using small pots I may water them right through just to keep the media fresh and balanced.

I dont water seedlings or clones for days after planting, until the coco has begun to dry out or the pot has gotten some lighter. Because in my experience overwatering/daily watering small plants without established rootzone in Coco make for yellowing unhappy slow plants. Even larger plants that I've transplanted into larger pots, after the initial watering in I won't water daily until they've started to spread roots and drink daily.

This idea you should water the shit out of coco is off. It relates to large established plants who are actually using up the nutes between the small multifeeds.

I water flowering plants once daily. Or less if they don't need it. And I don't water to runoff, zero to very little runoff

I took them off the timer and I am going to hand water for a few days at a lower ppm.

I was watering way too much early on and they weren't using the nutrients which I believe is the cause of the problem as you stated. I've been keeping them sopping wet too so I will cut back on that. The budding plants look like they will make it.

I decided the smaller plants needed an emergency evacuation so they were repotted in an organic soil mix.

The #4 has several completely reversed lower branches. I removed one of them and put it in my aerocloner to see if I can get it to drop pollen there. I think it should work. I plan to try and let a bit of the pollen go on the c99's but don't want to seed the few others I am hunting through.

PEAK SEEDS UPDATE
Smells of the other grapefruit Cindy's I have run over the years so far on 2 sample plants both growing very similar. Very small thin hairs too so far compared to the FDM, which are all showing massive thick hairs and a great deal quicker flowering. I am starting to believe these FDM are as close as I will get. Also running 2 FDM from a second order and 1 looks like the keepers while the other may look like the rancid one I tossed. They are all just starting to produce trichomes.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I have been trying to get them to run off once a day but feeding 4 x for the bloom and 6 for veg.

The veg are pretty wet showing over watering in a few and Calcium def.

Its new canna bricks.

I made RO + 250ppm calmag and ph'd to 5.8 and ran literally 400% water thru all the fabric pots until runoff was below what I had been feeding them on a 1 plant at a time basis.

Really worried about the cal def in the veg as they are Karma's new A5s1 and bandaid haze 7 A5's. 3 Nevil's as well.

The C99's are going to pull through but I am lost, no pun intended.

Hi lost not used the bricks if there the ones in plastic you water and they expand try making a few holes so it can run off but yea hand water and water only when the coco drys a little.

I used RO water filter had dramas threw it in a corner never used it again if your tap waters good i would use that but if your using hard water then you really have no choice.

You could even take the coco and put it in pots so they drain better coco is a great medium but it needs to drain i use it in my buckets but have it set it allows the coco to not become over wet.

LostTribe

Premium user
Hi lost not used the bricks if there the ones in plastic you water and they expand try making a few holes so it can run off but yea hand water and water only when the coco drys a little.

I used RO water filter had dramas threw it in a corner never used it again if your tap waters good i would use that but if your using hard water then you really have no choice.

You could even take the coco and put it in pots so they drain better coco is a great medium but it needs to drain i use it in my buckets but have it set it allows the coco to not become over wet.

Its also pure coco. After this set are finished I think I may just use it in my soil mix with a nice rinse first and not more than a little at a time. I never ran drip with soil but I only need that for when Im not going to able to get there or out of town so I think it will be ok as I am never gone for more than a few days. In soil I used to leave plants with extra water in the trays and they would be completely dry and wilted upon returning but that was long long ago in a galaxy far away.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Its also pure coco. After this set are finished I think I may just use it in my soil mix with a nice rinse first and not more than a little at a time. I never ran drip with soil but I only need that for when Im not going to able to get there or out of town so I think it will be ok as I am never gone for more than a few days. In soil I used to leave plants with extra water in the trays and they would be completely dry and wilted upon returning but that was long long ago in a galaxy far away.

Hi lost all i use is pure coco now and i fill my rez in the hempy buckets with perlite just above the drain hole to allow the coco to drain.

The great thing about coco is its ability to absorb nutrient rich water and stay aerated.I think coco holds 60% more than say a sail.

But it comes down to what works best for you mate main thing now is you get them health and growing well.

Latest posts

Latest posts