What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cinderella 99 The Come Back

Crazy Chester

I have found sort of orange hazy plants with that scary racy high

So, it was on the mark in the high department, but just not Cindy in the terps department...

One of my Peak females had orange terps - I remember thinking I don't remember anyone growing the original bros grimm C99, or even the first F2s released by Joey Weed or Gypsy, saying they got a plant with orange terps...perhaps it was so deeply recessive a trait in the original, that it didn't show until the F4s, F5s, etc.

LostTribe

Premium user
So, it was on the mark in the high department, but just not Cindy in the terps department...

One of my Peak females had orange terps - I remember thinking I don't remember anyone growing the original bros grimm C99, or even the first F2s released by Joey Weed or Gypsy, saying they got a plant with orange terps...perhaps it was so deeply recessive a trait in the original, that it didn't show until the F4s, F5s, etc.

The orange is the only aspect of the Lost that makes me question its purity. There are plenty of aspect to its growth that tell me that this line has a lot of Cindy in it. The high is very reminiscent. The high on the more NL type C99.1 as it was tabled is more like the first c99 I grew. I was just learning to take cuttings back then and not sure if all of them took but know that I had 3 different girls that were kept form the first round.

Original Cindy that I got via HS had multiple phenotypes but most of the plants had what I would call a straight pull off a can of Dole Pineapple Chunks. Its the sweetness part at the very least that is missing.

I do plan to run more peak but people were saying that they were given frost bros works so I assumed it was more than a simple pack. The plants I tried were definitely c99 but I have my nose in the jar right now and they aren't sweet. They are low smell, slightly skunky and sort of this old smell I got from a lot of sensi lines and a lot of sour.

I'd also like to say that the c99 I ran from fms were all like the first few I ran and every seed in the pack had nearly the exact same taste smell and effect but it clearly is a dutch hybrid. Smell is obviously off yet sativa and still holding a slight lime fruit which I had never found in c99 even Ferry's gno3 were completely different and very excellent plants. Perhaps they lost the purity of the line somewhere along the road.

Furthermore similar results were found in Joey Weed, Peak Seeds BC and Mosca's f1. They are all very similar in growth effects and terpene profile. However, all are pure bitter grapefruit.

LostTribe

Premium user
With all honesty I never got anything but sick ass sweet candy tropical fire in the originals everything since gno3 which I got in 2004 have been completely inferior in the taste department its not even close. Some have had fantastic effects but just not the total package.

Crazy Chester

With all honesty I never got anything but sick ass sweet candy tropical fire in the originals everything since gno3 which I got in 2004 have been completely inferior in the taste department its not even close. Some have had fantastic effects but just not the total package.
Unfortunately, that's been true with my effort so far as well. I'll see in a couple weeks if my current clone cures to have medium to strong terps with a more potent high this go around. I know it won't have terps as strong as the original, no matter how well my cure goes, but, if the clone I have now is just one step below the terp strength I remember my old clone to have been, I may stop looking and just hope someone gifts me an F1 original issue bros grimm clone some day.

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
Unfortunately, that's been true with my effort so far as well. I'll see in a couple weeks if my current clone cures to have medium to strong terps with a more potent high this go around. I know it won't have terps as strong as the original, no matter how well my cure goes, but, if the clone I have now is just one step below the terp strength I remember my old clone to have been, I may stop looking and just hope someone gifts me an F1 original issue bros grimm clone some day.

Original Cindy Reeked Always & Obviously Before Chop.

Not needing a cure.

Jim Rockford

Veteran
Much respect for all the efforts in finding the grail. I gave up years ago. I held the grail once. It came from Bro Grimm way back was so hard to explain. It reminded people of a floral shop, like FTD and a little haze. Very large trichomes. So racy. I had to walk out Safeway one day. I realized I was just too high when trying to find some oatmeal. Colors were bright. I took it for granted yet it changed over the years and generations and kind of lost it eventually. Each generation stretched more and took longer and lost a little. I always thought it would be there again. I'd hold the grail again. I searched and I looked and never touched it again.

I tried Mosca's two versions, gypsy nirvana's, and Wallyduck's F5's. I tried a few cuts from friends. Nothing matched up. The closest and best by far imo was Wallyduck's F5's. The F5's were pinapple phenos but not like that one time holy plant I held and nurtured. Still my all time favorite. It was never understood. Everyone wanted it. The high wasn't for novice users. I finally sprouted my last 3 F5's a year ago but were old, got 2 sprouted, males. Crossed them with Strawberry Banana and Afgooey.

Don't lose faith people. The grail is there and you will find it.

Crazy Chester

I know what you mean by having had the grail and now it's gone.

If someone still has an original F1, maybe it's just not what it used to be - same plant - but different conditions...I wonder sometimes whether it was so good back then because of some astrological or natural phenomena...

Do you still have the males?

TheSg

I used to smoke Cindy 99 and do workouts.
It was so sativa and uplifting,
It literally helped the workout.
I bet it could still be found somewhere ?
Perhaps as an F2

Facelesdoll

I am wondering how there aren't any clones of the Old school c99 kicking around. Surely it must exist. I'll see what info I can dig up

Crazy Chester

It's really hard to believe it isn't out there. There were many people back in the day on the old boards who had F1s. There's at least a half dozen of us here that I know of who have had one. Not only that, but the F2s that were just as good were all over the place for many years after Brothers Grimm closed up shop. Unbelievable.

TheSg

Damned you guys got me hyped on the c99 again. You know that it just needs some fine tuning once you've found the pheno you're looking for. Large trichs are a rarity and pure sativa buzz' is a rarity too. Let's bring her back. I'm stoked on this.

Crazy Chester

TheSg - with the efforts of LostTribe and others have done, it looks like the most promising alternatives that come close to the original are from Fleur Du Mal Seeds (pineapple pheno), Joey Weed (grapefruit pheno) and Peak Seeds (pineapple pheno).

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Much respect for all the efforts in finding the grail. I gave up years ago. I held the grail once. It came from Bro Grimm way back was so hard to explain. It reminded people of a floral shop, like FTD and a little haze. Very large trichomes. So racy. I had to walk out Safeway one day. I realized I was just too high when trying to find some oatmeal. Colors were bright. I took it for granted yet it changed over the years and generations and kind of lost it eventually. Each generation stretched more and took longer and lost a little. I always thought it would be there again. I'd hold the grail again. I searched and I looked and never touched it again.

I tried Mosca's two versions, gypsy nirvana's, and Wallyduck's F5's. I tried a few cuts from friends. Nothing matched up. The closest and best by far imo was Wallyduck's F5's. The F5's were pinapple phenos but not like that one time holy plant I held and nurtured. Still my all time favorite. It was never understood. Everyone wanted it. The high wasn't for novice users. I finally sprouted my last 3 F5's a year ago but were old, got 2 sprouted, males. Crossed them with Strawberry Banana and Afgooey.

Don't lose faith people. The grail is there and you will find it.

It's really hard to believe it isn't out there. There were many people back in the day on the old boards who had F1s. There's at least a half dozen of us here that I know of who have had one. Not only that, but the F2s that were just as good were all over the place for many years after Brothers Grimm closed up shop. Unbelievable.

I also had it once upon a time it was in Winter / 1998 Spring 1999 ...I bought it from RC & Poppy @ Heavens Stairway ...She completely changed my life...I know what the Original C99 was all about...So we need to find someone who has a 21-year-old clone ....:yummy:I want the original C99 very badly

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
i've only had c99 that blew me away a couple times... many other times the high dissipates quickly and turns into a burnout.

i also covet the clear feel good up up up cindy

makes me want genius really badly too

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
TheSg - with the efforts of LostTribe and others have done, it looks like the most promising alternatives that come close to the original are from Fleur Du Mal Seeds (pineapple pheno), Joey Weed (grapefruit pheno) and Peak Seeds (pineapple pheno).

I would not call the FDM pineapple in flavor, more like mango. But yeah, it was better than the Joey Weed version, which was grapefruit. The JW version was also very good, but imo, not quite up there with FDM.

Not sure if there is a pineapple flavor to be found in FDM seeds. Could be, I just ran a few females. I smoke a bit too much of it and things get really crazy. :trampoline:

wdr

Veteran
hi,

nice thread ! hope we will have original cindy back soon .. I've smoked several c99 from different breeders but my favorite always will be wallyduck pinneaple line - never seen so intense fruity flavor from any other cannabis plants, here are couple pics of she:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

it was back in 2010 , very dense buds- around 20g from 2l pot's - not bad at all.. but quality was outstanding all my friends loved this fruity buds back then.. sadly i had only few seeds of it..

btw anyone tried g13 c99? they're serious seedbank, never had problems with their stuff..

or any other c99 , what's best around now? fdm? they don't do fem's as I'm aware..

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi,

nice thread ! hope we will have original cindy back soon .. I've smoked several c99 from different breeders but my favorite always will be wallyduck pinneaple line - never seen so intense fruity flavor from any other cannabis plants, here are couple pics of she:

View Image

View Image

View Image

it was back in 2010 , very dense buds- around 20g from 2l pot's - not bad at all.. but quality was outstanding all my friends loved this fruity buds back then.. sadly i had only few seeds of it..

btw anyone tried g13 c99? they're serious seedbank, never had problems with their stuff..

or any other c99 , what's best around now? fdm? they don't do fem's as I'm aware..

Here is a pic of the original C99 F1 1st release was only 500 seeds ...thats it ..Soul told me this personally ... the seed pack produced a 60/40 ratio of males to females & i F2'd them and made history for the next 8 years ...then i got busted and the police stole everything ... thats how i lost Cindy ...
picture.php
picture.php
when he came back in 2016 i nearly shit a brick i was SO EXCITED ...but he pulled the rug from out under me & the "new" C99 from BG is only %50 original at the very best ..i was so disappointed cant pout it into words ...if ANYONE has the original ...i will reward them for it ...peace

Latest posts

Latest posts