What's new

Chronos bag-seed coco grow

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Yep those are balls. It is a nice looking plant!

Man, if you can clone in coco you are doing something right. For me coco is a pain in the ass to clone in. Kudos guys!

gr866

Veteran
I see pistils, no balls. Unless it is morphing on you. But I did not see any signs of balls.

Of course you can't count on my eyesight, not as good as it use to be. LOL

Nice looking plant.
GR

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Thanks lester :tiphat:

I've had very poor result cloning in coco before, so I tried other ways and that was a disaster so I tried it again this way. Its fitting that the primitive method works best fer me.... :)

So that's that!

ONE DOWN

I wonder how much it has to do with my environment.... I have to admit, if any of these plants get through without stress herming there will be no doubt about their sex stability

chronosync

Well-stoned member
I see pistils, no balls. Unless it is morphing on you. But I did not see any signs of balls.

Of course you can't count on my eyesight, not as good as it use to be. LOL

Nice looking plant.
GR

Ha what weeded? said I think......something about, " I hope it doesn't mutate"

Nope I'm pretty sure and all I needed was a second opinion from a expert.

Bwanabud

Yep those are balls. It is a nice looking plant!

Man, if you can clone in coco you are doing something right. For me coco is a pain in the ass to clone in. Kudos guys!

I just cloned 50 plants(9 strains), and only had 1 shit the bed...pretty good average....roots coming out the bottoms of 4" pots in 1 1/2 weeks.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Are they Fem seeds, or reg ?...if they're Reg. it's pretty hard for them to hermie.

Welp they're just seeds someone gave me, not really sure now and that's why I haven't hyped the gg4 or supposed cherry pie they came from. I got to say there is some heavy duty breeding with these, they are hogs.

Bwanabud

If you don't know their exact lineage then watch them closely for sure, I've only ever had Fem'd seeds hermie on me...and even then from deficiencies or pushing nutes too hard.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Regular or fem seeds can herm. So genetics are more stable than other, some more susceptible to stress.

Thai is a good example.

Yeah Crono, those are definitely beasts!

Bwanabud

I never heard or seen a reg female seed hermie, just saying...never, I think it's genetically impossible.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
I knew this would spark some debate and I kinda wish I had more info on the background. I'm hoping this try gives me something worth keeping and at very least something worth smoking!

Hey now there are some *more nice verified pics on icmag of male preflowers on an intersex expressing plant. Its all learning for me. Each step of the way I see something I could have done different and having a record helps, I hope it might help someone else too.

The big cut/plant #5 is definitely expressing some female traits. I swear it even has big pistils. I can see the grain on them if I look close. Let's hope SHE stays that way.........please baby?

Bwanabud

I'm sure some of the breeders may join in, but I'm confident true female plants can't hermie because they're missing the chromosome for male....where as Feminized seeds aren't.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Getting wonky, a new addition.

Getting wonky, a new addition.

I've been thinking a heck of a lot about bare bulb vertical scrogging lately.....

Any ideas on dealing with the height disparity? I'm doing my very best to keep them happy, they seem ok..

I've decided to fill the spot left open by #1 with a more willing volunteer. I have some 5 reg OG started already and one is showing pistils. Seems right.

#5 in back sure looks alive, and I believe that's the 6 its standing over, #6 is stocky and branchy

This worries me. Pretty soon night temps are going to start dropping, but not humidity. Not likely.... I'm already getting condensation. Not good.....my next buy is a dehumidifier. Probably next week. I'm going to need one for harvest probably too.

MrBungle

Yea I made the change to vert 4 years ago, and have not looked back.. I'm using a cool tube, one day I will try bare bulb though.. need more room

chronosync

Well-stoned member
My plan is to run this tent like a perpetual until I've bloomed everything out. Those OG I mentioned are on the table and almost ready to go if any more plants turn on me. I have a GSC cut in there that I've been keeping and can't wait to see what it is, and also something called kabrales. The kabrales is something I bloomed in my first grow and I'd like to see what that does this time around as well.