What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chronos bag-seed coco grow

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Solution Topped

Solution Topped

I decided to feed my standard dirty tap mix, top them around the 2nd node up, from first topping, and just hope for the best. All affected leaves have been removed, except for a few minor damage leaves, mainly to monitor our progress. I'm hoping that a good flush feed of what they were raised on brings them back to balance in their new pots.

I have a few ideas about what went wrong. So its back to the drawing board until i can tune my mix. Hopefully in time to bloom. I'll give them 2 weeks to grow some arms and well see about the stretch.

I really like these plants so far. Anyone got any tips for working with RO? Now I'm scared to use it......I have a few cuts I can use as volunteers

Bwanabud

It looks like a PH or low Mg issue to me...what are you feeding them now ?

I always harden my vegging plants off to the HPS switch over, I run them 50% reduced for a week,,then %75 for a week, then flip em full strength to 600w.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Thanks bwana I'm pretty sure you're right. The leaf looks just like pictures of massive P lockout, its possible I fed the wrong jug, that's the only thing I can think of....or I made one up wrong.

I wish I could pinpoint why because it was such a sudden change.

Last feed was 1.4ec (700ppm)
300ppm tap water
4ml CocoTek a&b grow
4ml seaweed extract

This basic mix with well water is killer in veg but it seems to burn plants up in bloom once ec starts getting high.

I just checked them and are doing good still, they are under a 400w MH about 24" above my newly forming canopy :) looking at them again now i regret not topping them sooner and im resisting the urge to top them further down again. I feel that some of these are going to stretch. Tomato caging is a great idea, i might get some cow fence and bend a few up. Cage growing....its got a ring to it. The stuff would work great for a vertical scrog as well and now I am seriously questioning why I am not doing inside out vertical cage scrogs in there....

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Couldn't resist

Couldn't resist

I went ahead and trimmed them back some more. At second glance my cuts didn't make that much sense in the overall scheme for this tent, i was hesitant to take more growth but I figured I'd sacrifice some veg time and get it right.

Weeded1s

Yo chrono 9 times outta 10 yellowing tops are from 1) too cold of a root zone
2)ph off
3)overwatered
4)or bugs

For the most part its usually too cold or over saturated (let pots dry out a touch more).
Ph should never be off but 5.7 _ 5.9 (i give a .2 buffer for root zone change and in case my ph pen is off by its .2 allowance) in and all is good always.
You know whats up so this was really just as a reminder for anyone who reads this.
Remember fellas .....KISS is still whats up!

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Thanks weeded!

I need those reminders too. That's part of staying on point. Don't sweat but don't forget the small stuff.

My issue here is pH. Any advice on how to deal with pH swinging in RO?

my last feed was mixed as follows and should correct the issue for now.

3L RO water/1L well water 150ppm
4ml seaweed extract. 50ppm
4ml CocoTek grow. 400ppm

pH comes in right @ 6 and stays overnight

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
if the rest of the plant looks fine otherwise and the yellowing at the tips isn't spreading could just be you need to up the food as the plant is growing faster than the micros are being supplied.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
if the rest of the plant looks fine otherwise and the yellowing at the tips isn't spreading could just be you need to up the food as the plant is growing faster than the micros are being supplied.

Yup I think yr right. Next few days the light is coming down and the feed's going up.

Levitationofme

I use R/O and it is great :smoke:
It's all I use. My Tap water is run thru several resins to get rid of smells and hardness
its not a good option. I Filter unprocessed well water thru my R/O.
Seems to be stable enough to set a recipe to fix PH after Adding Nutrients to water with
standard amount of PH UP or Down every time I mixed them.

I don't have too many plants so making some R/O was not a big problem for me.

In the end, when I replace the filters and see the slag I removed. Im glad its not in my grow media and plants.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Thanks for stopping in levitation, I appreciate the info and feedback! You got me sold on RO, I've been using it 3:1 with my tap and I'm getting it dialed now (I think) I had my mix a certain way that I had working, and I was feeling a bit blind, but ec is ec, going to nail this pH thing this week. Between two reagents, paper, a new cheapo pen and calibration solutions, you think I can get a consistent 6.0? Geese.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
About to flip

About to flip

Even though I'm not exactly killing it here with these mystery plants I feel like they just want to grow so bad. Either that or they have big bones. They seem like they could get huge, especially the 4 and 5 cuts. They are towering over the others even though I've done my best to treat each plant and each cutting exactly the same, they are all doing different things but more or less happy, and I'm happy about that.

Reverse Osmosis water:

Buying it Is bullshit, I'm getting s cheap machine asap.

Anyone use aquatic life RO Buddie? Amazon had a 50gpd 3 stage for 65 bucks. I think I'll just get it. Yo Bwana you still collecting rain? How would I get it in winter...... I'll have to go ro and do hydro right. Although rain would be even beter I need consistency.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
About to flip soooon

About to flip soooon

Upped the feed, lowered the lights. Plants are getting some color and filling in pretty good

Showing some heat stress, today was almost 100F outside. Not sure about the tent.... My hygrometers are in with my bud.....

Levitationofme

looking good. I got the stealth R/O 100 gallon unit. I like it. It makes plenty of water. I collect rainwater when I can. During Summer I collect plenty. Sometimes purer then others,
assuming my gutters are not full of filth.

Filters last a long time as well. The only thing that sucks is my untreated water spigot is
outside. A pain in the butt if its bad weather, or anytime mosquitos are around.

Bwanabud

Reverse Osmosis water:

Buying it Is bullshit, I'm getting s cheap machine asap.

Anyone use aquatic life RO Buddie? Amazon had a 50gpd 3 stage for 65 bucks. I think I'll just get it. Yo Bwana you still collecting rain? How would I get it in winter...... I'll have to go ro and do hydro right. Although rain would be even beter I need consistency.

Hey Chrono,
Sorry been tending 60 new budding ladies, and cloning like crazy.

Rain water is a great solution to home water problems, depending on your area of course....I live in the country and collect rain from my rood collection system...all gutters go into an underground cistern, and according to mean average rainfall I collect about 135k gallons a year. I have 2 separate pump systems hooked up to it, 1 that supplies water to a holding rez for growing, and the other that operates on a float switch that supplies 3 ponds on my property.

I mix rain water and well water 50/50 for growing, I use far too much water for growing to utilize an RO system...the waste would be outrageous. Remember using rain water you'll need to add CaMg at a higher rate, I run mine through a dual canister filter to remove any bugs/eggs.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
That's pretty nifty bwana. I like the sound of your setup and utilization. It must be really nice having your own pond(s)

Glad to hear your keeping busy, sounds like it!

Bwanabud

That's pretty nifty bwana. I like the sound of your setup and utilization. It must be really nice having your own pond(s)

Glad to hear your keeping busy, sounds like it!

I'm non-stop busy, the ponds are for breeding frogs...the frogs feed the snakes :biggrin:

I'm constantly cycling 200 clones, trimming, potting...fuck I'm tired :tiphat:

Bwanabud

I like frogs & toads, just like snakes more...Mrs.Bwana doesn't like either :)

It's all about coexisting with nature, and utilizing the natural elements like rain to supplement the environment.