What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chronos bag-seed coco grow

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Thanks

I'm trying to look in the bright side and say my hopeful keepers were less effected so its lucky.....but in a way it is true. I've had my eye on choosing one tall pheno. The #5 is the frostiest so far and although isn't as branchy as #4 its still been my favorite since I labeled them. The #5 is plenty branchy!

Honestly I went into this grow expecting the worst, as far as them herming I'd say its still going OK.....

I'll look on the bright side and call it a stress test lol

Levitationofme

Lucky for me i'm not trying to make money at this. I have had a few mishaps lol. I have been able to keep my head fed though. Overall I spent about the same my first year of growing as I may have just buying on the black Market. 2nd year I am way up. No big equipment purchases. I have purchased only 1 bag of weed all this year. Some "White Widow". It was disappointing.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Thanks ! :) !

Im loving the frost and how they are starting to swell, It kills me to look at those leaves though. And what a crappy time to lose the way....... How do I tell what they need now that they're all burned up?
... barometer is broken

chronosync

Well-stoned member
#3 is doing some weird shit on top but I'll wait to see a bit more before I post up anything. The buds seem to be growing like.....bunched up and super tight but I'm seriously wondering what is growing inside these colas! Idk I'm waiting for pinecones of variegated tissue.......

chronosync

Well-stoned member
#5 is looking like a prime candidate for a vertical scrogger. Its lanky and like a vine but has so many bud sites. Again its lanky and doesn't seem to be putting on any weight yet but I'm holding out, it could be a fluffy cotton candy textured sticky sativa. Shit is so fuzzy too. Some of the sugar leaves are literally soft to the touch, like velvet.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Thanks man

They all have more frost and fuzz than I'm used to seeing in my tent so far, so there's that.... I'm getting ancy for them to finish. I was close to starting over with the cuts but I'm working on seeing things through, ya know?

I kinda feel fucked up about how I'm going to pick one, they aren't getting a fair shake here. How do I know without running each one? Ahh....I'll be happy if the #2 has good smell and flavor, its got the frost and the structure

Levitationofme

The ole have to cull a plant time blues?
When I run up against a situation like this I literally say "Fuck It" out loud and just chop.
Luckily we will never know the future of the ones we cut down.

Have you thought of removing a few of the yellowed leaves.
Im no expert so I'm not sure if they are a drag on the plant or not.

I try to trim as little as possible but I remove leaves that have been damaged

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Yea, big time....

I have thought about removing some damaged leaves but that amounts to about all of them.... ! I see what you mean about the dead or sick? leaves putting a burden on the plants, possibly..... but I also know they need them to transpire.....without which they non grow. Having crippled their ability to use their leaves properly at all now, I wonder if its best to lighten the load....

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Would be really weird only removing the dead parts of the plant.....about half the leaves are still %50 good . doh!

Levitationofme

plenty of people strip off leaves as the flowering comes to the end. I would think of taking off those 3 big 1/2 yellowed fan leaves in that picture. let the foliage behind the 1/2 dead stuff get light.

looks like a bunch of very nice plants growing in the backround.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
So what about...

So what about...

Thanks for your input, I appreciate it.

Tell me, what should I do with this one? I'm about to look for defoliation into etc but I keep getting side tracked....

Now that you mention it, a lot of those leaves.....they can't be doing much idk, I need an opinion.

Thanks again

#5 plant, I really like.....not a single nanner or nuttin' lol, but that bud is literally the size of my thumb.