What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chronos bag-seed coco grow

Levitationofme

Well It looks like a good bud, I would start taking a few leaves from the bottom.
If you remember my last grow in coco I sprayed Pyrethrum at high strenth on my Tangerine Haze. Then Put them under the lights. I lost 80% of the leaves. All leaves that were not sticking out of a bud fell off.
I had to let it go a couple extra weeks but the buds kept swelling and it turned out to be very powerful. I fed it like usual.

I think it was later then 40 days. I ended up going 10 weeks before a week of flushing. No clue if that was what I was supposed to do..
Puts me to sleep if i smoke this bud.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Thanks a lot levitation

Oh man I don't exactly remember that but that sounds horrible. I'm glad you still got some worth out of the harvest, your time and effort. I'm glad you encouraged me to take some leaves and you were right, there is still a lot of good left in these, and trimming them up gave me a good chance to see them up close. The buds are all looking absolutely beautiful in their own way, they are all different phenos in my estimation. And so far so good No New Nanners but we'll see about it still, esp. after some of that pruning.....I took quite a bit from some of them.

Thanks again! Cheers

chronosync

Well-stoned member

New favorite plant here..... Ha, well they are really each starting to show their adult characteristics :) I like all of them, really. But this one is showing me something I wasn't expecting, I'm seeing cookie traits....or trainwreck....Cindy.....idk, loving the gnarlyness of these plants!

:sasmokin:

Levitationofme

I am finding out that I like soil better then the bubble buckets, and so far better then My Coco adventures.

I have a mix that is the basic mix the seed breeder uses in their facility. I substituted for locally available stuff. I just this week made a batch and I am repotting.

It seems to grow slower, but in the end happy plants will fill their space and I dont think there is much of a difference in harvest times when all is said and done. If I was growing commercially I would go Hydro or Coc for sure. It definitely will produce maximum yields for the space. It is more work.

I find the soil gives me a "buffer of stupidity"
essentially If I screw the pooch I can more easily survive it.

Watering with small vacation Blumats when I go away for a few days or longer. Very simple. No complicated setup.

You can get as geeky as you want with Soil with organic amendments.

I am growing some chem dog. In Happy Frog Potting Soil.
I put the seedlings in 4 gal smart pots with the Happy Frog and needed nothing but water and Tea until I switched to Flower mode. About 4-5 weeks No food. I did foliar spray some.

I don't need veg nutrients now..Just Bloom. A savings to be had.

I have not had any weird nutrient issues yet.

Weeded1s

I am finding out that I like soil better then the bubble buckets, and so far better then My Coco adventures.

I have a mix that is the basic mix the seed breeder uses in their facility. I substituted for locally available stuff. I just this week made a batch and I am repotting.

It seems to grow slower, but in the end happy plants will fill their space and I dont think there is much of a difference in harvest times when all is said and done. If I was growing commercially I would go Hydro or Coc for sure. It definitely will produce maximum yields for the space. It is more work.

I find the soil gives me a "buffer of stupidity"
essentially If I screw the pooch I can more easily survive it.

Watering with small vacation Blumats when I go away for a few days or longer. Very simple. No complicated setup.

You can get as geeky as you want with Soil with organic amendments.

I am growing some chem dog. In Happy Frog Potting Soil.
I put the seedlings in 4 gal smart pots with the Happy Frog and needed nothing but water and Tea until I switched to Flower mode. About 4-5 weeks No food. I did foliar spray some.

I don't need veg nutrients now..Just Bloom. A savings to be had.

I have not had any weird nutrient issues yet.

The thing for me was... if my plant in soil is showing signs of overnute or a defficiency i have to wait for the soil to dry out to ammend or add what ever and then water it in.
In coco you can reset on the next feed...wether its the next hour or the next day (..not 3 days waiting for soil to dry out). Just my opinon though.

Levitationofme

Indeed, that is what is so great about this hobby. Everyone is different and everyone can come up with a successful route to the end bud that fits their persona and style. And in the end we sit down and smoke the proof!

Having never done anything as organized as a side by side grow I have no evidence I know what im talkin about lol

I have not had any major issues in soil yet. I have Flushed a couple times. I dont wait until they are dry. I put them in the Tub and pour 2x volume of low nutrient water and let it drain a few hours then back in the tent. I know that their are few nutrients in the soil from the flush and the flush will push PH to a happy zone. Start over.

Im finding my gals are drinking most every day unless I have them in large pots.

I am having less issues in soil anyway

Coco grows much faster. If you have a large space to fill..... Hydro is the way to go.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Sup guys I appreciate you stopping in and I love hearing what you have to say. I'd like to do so many things with growing...... So much to say.

I would like to try a 6 plant Goji OG in supersoil. :)

So far # 2 makes it worth it.
Pics in overcast sunlight
She's plumping up now too. 2ml koolbloom never hurt anyone..... Would you believe me if I told you they're almost ready to flush? Almost...

Levitationofme

Nice buds. yea you have been posting these ladies for a few months now.
I struggle with the harvest time. Are you going by Trichome color or are you one of those people able to look at the plant and know.

Super Soil sounds interesting, but I kind of like the feeding and mixing of nutrients.
I am going to mess around with it someday.

Have you grown any sativa's? I have been messing with them.
I have a few Panama, 2 Malawi and hopefully 2 Zameldica in line for my finishing box.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Oh shit

Zamaldelica is something I've been wanting to get for a while now. You got some planted? I can't wait to order some but I really can't decide on fem or regular.... Last night I literally was going to buy a 5 pack reg and 1 fem, since they sell single seeds which is pretty cool I guess but talk about taking chances well at least you know 1 will be female except I'm only interested in the trippy zamal carrot mango phenos, preferably a 10 weeker !

Let me know how it goes with those ace seeds, I'm still not sure how to order from them though.

Trichromes. That's the only way I know how to judge maturity for chop, I look at the plants I like and they all have milky white and clear trichs, some amber already so I plan to flush starting day 49 and feed RO through weeks 7 and 8 and harvest around 60, 65 days. If I couldn't scope them I wouldn't have a clue when to chop, I guess I'd have to do a lot of guessing, like normal.

Levitationofme

Go to their website and order.
That's what I did.

Im only growing a couple at a time so i went fem

Anyways they got some interesting seeds.

Those in picture are Panama.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
**** can I say? *** totally worth it ***

**** can I say? *** totally worth it ***

All I got right now is:

Thanks to everyone who stopped in and helped out, I appreciate the end orangements, words of wisdom, jokes etc and whatever else auto correct wants to do becausevim in a way right now, well pictures speak, so without further ado....

*** the spoils

Top to bottom
#2, #2, #6, #3, #6

Levitationofme

Very Nice! FROSTY!!
Sweet after a interesting grow.

I have Panamas coming down this week.
I started the Zameldica's. popped 2 not fem. 1 male 1 female.
I also have a pair of Malawi fem going.
Ill post pics in my threads when I get the chance

Latest posts

Latest posts