What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

chronic Shizophrenia, weedcure?

The Boys

^ depression and anxiety are mental illnesses and thc is a powerfull anti depressant and can have a very positive effect on anxiety^.iv been diaagnosed with scitzo, i smoke every day and am fine ,but a few times weed has made things worse.

S

SeaMaiden

Terroir, I have to note exceptions to that. I have a family member who is bipolar and whose condition is normally best controlled by Zoloft. However, while she was trying to get pregnant she couldn't take the Zoloft. Balancing her mania with the deep dark periods can be extremely difficult (especially the manic phases), but weed can control it to a degree, and it makes her tolerable to be around. It obviously doesn't cure her, her problem is seratonin uptake in the brain. But the whole point of any of this medication is to make life livable, and for this person and controlling bipolar without Zoloft, cannabis is it.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^ depression and anxiety are mental illnesses and thc is a powerfull anti depressant and can have a very positive effect on anxiety^.iv been diaagnosed with scitzo, i smoke every day and am fine ,but a few times weed has made things worse.

Sea maiden makes good points. unfortunately most of these conditions are chemical imbalances, and can only be fixed by balancing the chemicals in your brain. The best things to do is not to treat the symptom with any drug right away, but to find what is causing the imbalance. Many times is can be as simple as diet or lack of exercise. Even lack of sun light. In order to find out a blood test is required. If the problem can not be identified it is best to find a natural supplement that promotes the brain to produce or prohibit certain chemicals to bring balance.

Many conditions can not be treated by a supplement, and a pharmaceutical is required. Many of these have unwanted side effects or are just not very effective.

The best thing to do is find what works for you through trial and error, with doctor and family supervision.

unfortunately most of these conditions are chemical imbalances, and can only be fixed by balancing the chemicals in your brain. The best things to do is not to treat the symptom with any drug right away, but to find what is causing the imbalance. Many times is can be as simple as diet or lack of exercise. Even lack of sun light.

The best thing to do is find what works for you through trial and error, with doctor and family supervision.

BAM.. Text book definition.. Bravo~ :tiphat:

psychology plays a major role in the state of health, as well as environmental and chemical issues. When I prepare for a medical review and speech, I always get REALLY stoned and slightly drunk and walk in circles around my hallway while speaking my memorized speech. Sometimes when I am secure with my speech, I start answering the most likely questions my mentors would ask of me. My friends/gf think i`m schiz.. hehehe.. I have no problem with it because it does not hurt my life.

I believe psychology should play a larger roll in the health of people, rather than drugs and medication.

Get some exercise, people! You will LOVE it when you reward yourself at the end of the day. ;)

macumba

cannabis causes the neurons [little charged particles that trigger symbolic nodes in the brain, i.e. ‟thoughts‟] to jump farther and more sporadically, sometimes even inducing a mild ‟schizophrenic‟ state in a very small percentage of users. some claims have even reported hallucinations and even fully sensory projections or trances in which the user becomes completely detached from their surroundings.

i don't know what effects thc would have on your mother, but for the majority of tokers, the lift isn't typically that heavy. i'd say try a basic dosage mixed in her cigarette and see how she reacts.

N

noyd666

:blowbubbles: try ,the pure. easy to get seeds, nice uplifting, happy, try a vaperioser.:blowbubbles:

cannabis causes the neurons [little charged particles that trigger symbolic nodes in the brain, i.e. ‟thoughts‟] to jump farther and more sporadically, sometimes even inducing a mild ‟schizophrenic‟ state in a very small percentage of users.

i'd say try a basic dosage mixed in her cigarette and see how she reacts.

That went from a conversation I wish to discuss to a conversation, of which, I`m in disgust. heh..

ok.. lets talk about this..

"cannabis causes the neurons [little charged particles that trigger symbolic nodes in the brain, i.e. ‟thoughts‟] to jump farther and more sporadically"

I would assume psychological factors, as well as other issues cause much more drastic concerns regarding the afoul of productive thought process. To "Jump farther and more sporadically", would suggest forms of oxidation are in play. In fact, I am reading new studies which suggest cannabis produces the opposite effect.

I assume your tests have been flawed by the introduction of cortisol compounds and chemicals like formaldehyde as a solvent. Maybe the person who you base your facts upon is a methamphetamine addict.

here.. too lazy for my opinion.

"The molecular mechanisms of CB1-mediated changes to the membrane voltage have also been studied in detail. CB1 agonists reduce calcium influx by blocking the activity of voltage-dependent N-, P/Q- and L-type calcium channels.[17][18] In addition to acting on calcium channels, activation of Gi/o and Gs, the two most commonly coupled G-proteins to cannabinoid receptors, has been shown to modulate potassium channel activity. Recent studies have found that CB1 activation specifically facilitates GIRK, a potassium channel belonging to the Kir3 family.[18] Both Guo & Ikeda and Binzen et al. performed a series of immunohistochemistry experiments that demonstrated CB1 co-localized with GIRK and Kv1.4 potassium channels, suggesting that these two may interact in physiological contexts.[19]

In the central nervous system, CB1 receptors influence neuronal excitability reducing the incoming synaptic input. ...interesting, although less pertaining to GIRK.. [20] This mechanism, known as presynaptic inhibition, occurs when a postsynaptic neuron releases endocannabinoids in retrograde transmission, which then bind to cannabinoid receptors on the presynaptic terminal. CB1 receptors then reduce the amount of neurotransmitter released, so that subsequent excitation in the presynaptic neuron results in diminished effects on the postsynaptic neuron. It is likely that presynaptic inhibition uses many of the same ion channel mechanisms listed above, although recent evidence has shown that CB1 receptors can also regulate neurotransmitter release by a non-ion channel mechanism, i.e. through Gi/o mediated inhibition of adenylyl cyclase and Protein Kinase A[21] Still, direct effects of CB1 receptors on membrane excitability have been reported, and strongly impact the firing of cortical neurons[22] In a series of behavioral experiments, Palazzo et al. demonstrated that NMDA, an ionotropic glutamate receptor, and the metabotropic glutamate receptors (mGluRs) work in concert with CB1 to induce analgesia in mice, although the mechanism underlying this effect is unclear. Together, these findings suggest that CB1 influences neuronal excitability by a variety of mechanisms, and these effects are relevant to perception and behavior."

http://jn.physiology.org/content/88/5/2834.full

^^ above link suggests cannabis compounds may help to recover the neurons in the spine, post trauma or medical advert (ex;MS~, etc). So, oxidation seems as though it does not readily occur.

macumba

thanks for setting it straight and informing me of my ignorance. so then, what about those users that experience extreme perceptual distortions? obviously, i don't have a good grasp on this subject, maybe you could point me in that direction.