What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

chronic Shizophrenia, weedcure?

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
I was hesitant to work with a schizophrenic because I'm familiar with the disorder and I didn't want to be the root of exacerbation of her issues. I was amazingly surprised to discover that a strong Sativa dominant line I was running last year was her favorite, and, according to her husband, turned her back into his wife. I've generally tried to give them the couchlock Indicas, but when she hit on the Chocolate Diesel as a favorite I realized perhaps it would be good to allow a little roaming into strongly Sativa-dominant territory.

What may be important to note is that when I run Sativas I like to let them go as long as they (appear to) need. There are many strains that, when grown indoors, require a good 16 weeks, and this can get expensive depending on your power provider. I like doing it outside and then everything has a great cure on it, and I believe that may also play a role.

I haven't read this thread in its entirety, but I have a childhood friend whose mother was schizophrenic with a personality disorder, and have known many others affected by it. I wish we'd known back then what we do now, as far as treatment options and what cannabis can do. I wish I'd known about cannabis when my Touretter boy was being treated.

Im not Skitzo, but i have Anxiety, andi notice that a 70/30 ratio of sativa to indica is awesome for day time smoke. and as long as i take my Medication. It works wonders. HIGH THC strains, or harvested to early, makes me Paranoid as hell. Just my personal experiences.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So SCF what strains do you like for your condition? I find the GDP has a almost sativa effect on me. Plenty of energy at least for an hour after smoking. I know it has some sativa in it. Not that stony for me though I know it is indica dominate.

I would order a CBD Crew Nordle but the are always out.

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
So SCF what strains do you like for your condition? I find the GDP has a almost sativa effect on me. Plenty of energy at least for an hour after smoking. I know it has some sativa in it. Not that stony for me though I know it is indica dominate.

I would order a CBD Crew Nordle but the are always out.

I find strains like GDP to be the PERFECT remedy. Why i like OGkush, and anything that makes me feel Irey, or less Anxiety bound. Which im assuming how someone with Schizophrenia may feel. And your right, i too, find it to be not that stony or me. but as long as i have plenty its fine. if i have to pay or it, that would be too expensive, and hit or miss of getting it. I just got a Cut of the GDP, and im forever grateful to my higher power for giving me what i need. To grow your own, as much as you can is the best gift you can teach yourself. Those with limited time may want to get it other ways.

GDP, Kushs indica dominate, Romulan (made me a little paranoid} Blueberry SSH, Blueberry pre 99, and anything with the same high as GDP, and the flavor is just a plus. Been awhile but Bluedot (this reminded me most of old school blueberry), Black Dominia, Hindu Kush, SSH ( i just got a cut i will confirm this after i smoke more), Purple Kush ( slow grower low yielded), Skywalker OG, Indica dominate Jack Herrer (some of the strongest ive smoked) Deadhead OG (swerves genetics), 818 OG Kush, Reserve OG Kush, Bubba Kush, bubblegum, Lavender!!!!! ( High CBD plant 14%), Alaskan Thunder Fuck, Afgani Kush, Afgani, c99 ( only 100% Sativa here), Grapefrut ( Neviills haze X c99).

Orange Crush or California Orange or California KUSH pretty much all the same thing has a indica, and sativa mix that i love.

So many strains, When u find your strain, Dont loose it! Those are just a few off the top of my head.

Been a while

S

SeaMaiden

I love Sativas for that 'get busy' kind of high. I have neuropathy and injuries that cause other pain as well, don't typically suffer anxiety, but I *am* typically "the sleepy girl," so I can't do couchlock Indicas any more than I can do heroin. I need something that lets me stay awake and keeps my mind off the pain, especially when doing heavy work.

Maybe that's what this lady likes about the Sativas. Maybe they help her keep her mind otherwise occupied. Just occurred to me.

The Boys

just to shed a little more light onto this, the last psyc i spoke to about this told me that scitzophrenia is commonly caused by a chemical inbalance in the brain. the chemical that is in inbalance is DOPEMINE, pertticulaarly in the back of the brain. the majority of the narcotic effects of thc are attributed to the ability of thc to stimulate the release of dopemine, so thc stimulates the release of dopemine and in turn can create a chemical inbalance.

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
more than JUST cbd involved in this.

its more of a ratio of ALL the 421 chemotypes in marijuana or more.... its not just THC, or CBD, its CBN, and a whole other bunch of other goodies. and it depends on their ratio.

more than JUST cbd involved in this.

its more of a ratio of ALL the 421 chemotypes in marijuana or more.... its not just THC, or CBD, its CBN, and a whole other bunch of other goodies. and it depends on their ratio.

You are correct Dr. Leary and I'm a big believer in synergistic effects. In what little research has been done that demonstrates improvement in psychotic disorders from cannabis, a CBD isolate was the substance.

S

SeaMaiden

I happen to be running some unnamed African lines that were alleged to be developed over 15 years by a psychiatrist. When I asked about the genetics, I was given locations, such as the island of Reunion, French Island, and others close to Madagascar. I'm looking forward to trying these out and I'd like to see how well the schizophrenic gal does with them, and am just as if not more interested in how well they'll work for a close family member with bipolar disorder. She normally takes Zoloft, but loves weed, too. If weed could mitigate or even control the mood swings, I think it would be better for her than Zoloft.

skaZe

Im Glad, even though my way of explaining surely s*cks, that I've could get a few peoples interest.

It will be kind of harsh for me finding a high CBD low THC Strain for the first try, but I've already seen few other threads looking for high CBD Strains! Might be able to catch a high CBD Seed Strain.

Sure will take a while.
And still wondering if and how to get a Placebo joint to confirm whatever I'll get as result.

Anyway, going to study into that Topic again after I've improved my growing an curing skills.

Feel free to keep posting, I'll keep reading for sure.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
I knew the shrink personally that did the THC/CBD anti-psychosis studies and the THC-V/THC psychosis studies.. These were done in the late 90's in the UK. His son in law was schitzo proper and I spent some time staying with him that was er.. interesting. Great guy he was, his son, and he was the first who showed me 'the other sides' proper.
I have explored those states of mind induced by loss of control of the system in charge of our mono-amine oxidase enzymes aka schizophrenia extensively for the last few years by extracting the same compounds found in the urine of schizo's from plants and fungi and smoking, snuffing or ingesting them. The results too are very interesting..there is a lot more to this reality than what meets the eye.
I have known 3 people in my like who have been schizophrenic proper, and not just like wohooo everyone look how crazy I am... ALL of them would have schizo fits triggered if they smoked a joint.

Now that does not say dope causes schizophrenia, actually, according to the doctor who was the first to uncover the links it makes in manifest if it is latent. Or more specifically, thc and more so, thc-v trigger schizophrenia if it is there waiting to come out.. What the doc found was CBD negates the psychotic effects and recommended to me years ago that if I valued my mental health I smoke strains that are hybrid as opposed to the african landraces that were predominant. So bottom line, if you are schizophrenic my advice is just to be very careful and be very aware of the chemistry of the strains that you are smoking.

thelaughingman

I happen to be running some unnamed African lines that were alleged to be developed over 15 years by a psychiatrist. When I asked about the genetics, I was given locations, such as the island of Reunion, French Island, and others close to Madagascar. I'm looking forward to trying these out and I'd like to see how well the schizophrenic gal does with them, and am just as if not more interested in how well they'll work for a close family member with bipolar disorder. She normally takes Zoloft, but loves weed, too. If weed could mitigate or even control the mood swings, I think it would be better for her than Zoloft.

I would be looking forward to try that out too haha :smoke:

I knew the shrink personally that did the THC/CBD anti-psychosis studies and the THC-V/THC psychosis studies.. These were done in the late 90's in the UK. His son in law was schitzo proper and I spent some time staying with him that was er.. interesting. Great guy he was, his son, and he was the first who showed me 'the other sides' proper.
I have explored those states of mind induced by loss of control of the system in charge of our mono-amine oxidase enzymes aka schizophrenia extensively for the last few years by extracting the same compounds found in the urine of schizo's from plants and fungi and smoking, snuffing or ingesting them. The results too are very interesting..there is a lot more to this reality than what meets the eye.
I have known 3 people in my like who have been schizophrenic proper, and not just like wohooo everyone look how crazy I am... ALL of them would have schizo fits triggered if they smoked a joint.

Now that does not say dope causes schizophrenia, actually, according to the doctor who was the first to uncover the links it makes in manifest if it is latent. Or more specifically, thc and more so, thc-v trigger schizophrenia if it is there waiting to come out.. What the doc found was CBD negates the psychotic effects and recommended to me years ago that if I valued my mental health I smoke strains that are hybrid as opposed to the african landraces that were predominant. So bottom line, if you are schizophrenic my advice is just to be very careful and be very aware of the chemistry of the strains that you are smoking.

Great post. There are some good recent discussions of cannabis on the psychology forums of the Student Doctor Network if anyone is interested. One thread deals with drug testing interns at the VA and another deals with doing therapy with those who use MMJ.

skaZe

Great post. There are some good recent discussions of cannabis on the psychology forums of the Student Doctor Network if anyone is interested. One thread deals with drug testing interns at the VA and another deals with doing therapy with those who use MMJ.

I am, mind sharing some link per PM?

Hey guys/gals.. I wished I could comment, however, I know almost nothing regarding the ingestion of cannabis and it`s effects on certain psychological issues. I will be watching this thread and as I learn more about the chemical responses of the brain and it`s response to certain ingested chemicals in certain states, I hope to be at a level to comment without an extensive form of direct experience with these issues.

Good luck people, please, try to be responsible with any experimentation. :)

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
Hey watch this video. a Run From The Truth. by rick simpson. even if u have watched it before, watch it again. IMHO, oil has the highest concentration. of cannabanoids.

MissKittyKat

THC is not good for Shizophrenia but the other cannabanoids are. Many people with shizophrenia have attacks when they smoke nrmal pot. Not something that is recommended. Remember we are not talking about depression or anxiety.
A good friend of mine is in and out of hospitals for shizophrenia and in my experience him smoking herb doesn't give him relief from it.