What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

chronic Shizophrenia, weedcure?

skaZe

dude, grow up. Dosing your Mom on Ganja without her consent will land you in Jail.
you also need to learn how to communicate.
you write like my 10yr old talking BS.

I'll definitly just ignore ya bullshit lawl. thx anyway.

As for biohazard, thx for that flew of information, will take a while having read the interesting parts.

RetroGrow, that goes for the normal shizo. My mom's in way another mind status, theres no 2nd personality.
If ya would say a normal Shizophrenic changes his personalitys sometimes, you could say the 2nd one of my mom totally has taken over.Neither she's having paranoia.

Just for the info, 20 years of research by usual Doctors have brought NOT ANY result at all.
Thats why I've had my thoughts about using weed.
And no im not planning on having her a smoke every day, thats nonsense. Effect would be fading away after a short period.

If it ends up that a smoke makes her smile and help her gettin a grab of her own mind, i guess it'd be dosed on X-Mas, Birthdays and other Family meetings.

Geez, why not lettin the whole family seein her smile once again.

Its how it is, I'm no kid dreaming of my mom beeing normal by having a smoke.
But after 20 years of observing an pretty unchanging situiations, I do want to, try something myself.

I can't create new Medicine in Pharmacitie labors, but, I can grow weed man.
Neither thers big hope of new Medicine, since her kind of Shizo. isnt that common.

skaZe

Man, seems i wasnt the only one wondering if it couldnt be a use lol.

The high prevalence of cannabis use in schizophrenia combined with observations that cannabis exacerbates the positive symptoms has driven research to investigate why cannabis is used so widely in this population. According to the self-medication hypothesis, there are beneficial effects of cannabis and cannabinoids on the symptoms of schizophrenia. Cross-sectional studies comparing users and nonusers have shown that cannabis use is associated with a reduction in negative symptoms [8–14]. Animal and human models have also suggested that cannabinoids possess antipsychotic properties [15–17]. One of these studies [15] involved a randomised, double-blind controlled trial in 42 patients with acute schizophrenia and found antipsychotic properties of cannabidiol (CBD) that were comparable to amisulpride. Other studies in which CBD has been administered to rats as well as healthy human volunteers have also demonstrated antipsychotic properties of CBD [16, 17].

pretty good stuff

aswell as this

Consequently, looking at the “Schizophrenia (unmedicated)” and “Cannabis use” columns in conjunction, Table 1 shows that although cannabis has the potential to exacerbate the negative symptoms and cognitive impairments of schizophrenia via contributing further to the “hypofrontal” nature of the disorder, cannabis also has a therapeutic potential by facilitating neurotransmission (at least in the dopaminergic system) in the prefrontal cortex. In line with the latter perspective, research has demonstrated enhanced cognitive performance in schizophrenia with comorbid cannabis use [21–25, 29], which may be attributable to stimulation of prefrontal neurotransmission.

So a strain full of CBC it is.
This definitly started the ball rolling.

Makes me start thinking of how to introduce her into that.
well theres still plenty of time..

Gonna read some more of that stuff bio, thx again.

Bi0hazard

Veteran
Your welcome.

Make sure you use a strain that is high in CBD (Not CBC =]), and not a racy/speedy sativa. She is going to want more of a calming/centering smoke than one that makes her mind fly a million miles a minute.

SFV OG, Bubba Kush, Harlequin, Hindu Kush would be in the right direction. You want an indica leaning strain, that also has higher amounts of CBD.

You can use the website below to see the % of THC/CBD that have appeared on different strains - to get a better idea of what to grow. If you are in cali or in a place that has dispensaries, go straight for growing the Bubba Kush or Pure OG Kush cuts - otherwise it could take a while to find one that works if you went from seeds.

CBD is an Anti-Psychotic, and important in the treatment, pure THC can make psychotic symptoms get worse in some people who already have them. Although smoking a little bit of a strain with CBD afterwards will clear out those bad effects.

One of the Websites with CBD/THC testing - http://budgenius.com/strains.html?t...timulation=0&location=&coordinates=&radius=10

CLICK on the ANXIETY TAB. and use that as a basis to find strains to use. Those will have high CBD rates. Higher CBD in cannabis also removes memory issues with smoking weed - so that is always a good thing to have.

skaZe

Man so stoned i seriously typed CBC lol.

Hindu kush would be fitting in my setup, with its short flower.
But theres plenty of time to decide on a strain.

I'm just glad there already had been some professional research, with satisfactory results.

Thx for that link, definitely will be helping on that strain decision.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I tried Hindu Kush one time and kinda had auditory hallucinations for a couple minutes, so that is one I cannot recommend, though others find it calming.

I also would advise against dosing her without consent. CBD crew has some strains that might be just the ticket. Not much buzz just calm and alert from what I have read.

skaZe

I've just recieved my new Seeds, with 5 "Free Kush" aswell, didnt even know I'll get some free seeds.

Its a shame I cant find anything about that Free Kush's CBD content.
Harliquin seems to be an sort which always pumped full of CBD and quite low THC.
But i couldnt find a trostworthy seller yet..

S

Sat X RB

SkaZe Man, sorry no reply I 've been away for a few days ... what I mean by STUCK is that life looks hopeless. people FEEL stuck in a gloomy space without being able to see their way out of it. they can't imagine any bright options for themselves.

sometimes a wife OR husband might describe themselves as being 'trapped' in an unhappy marriage. or a worker might see him/her self 'stuck' in a dead end job.

it's all the same feeling ... and it's a downer! worse with schizophrenia I suppose ...

this

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
You can't make anyone do what they don't want to do ppl with mental illness take this as a threat many times and it's hard to stop this thinking . It is really up to them to make these decisions. I would put forth my best agrument show her some info and let her decide headband 707

skaZe

Yup, as for the STATUS

Got alot of useful information, great stuff within.

As it looks I'll once get a nice Strain with alot of CBD and less THC, it'll take a half year atleast for me to order. Just got some new stuff.

I'll try on myself this shit after a quite long cure. I'll once offer my mom to smoke one with me, twice and maybe third time if she agrees that is.
On these few smokes I got enough time analyzed its effect seeing if its worth a use.

Thats it so far.
Thanks for sharing youre opinion.

You can't make anyone do what they don't want to do ppl with mental illness take this as a threat many times and it's hard to stop this thinking . It is really up to them to make these decisions. I would put forth my best agrument show her some info and let her decide headband 707

That's definitely life bro.
As it my youth wasnt much happy aswell.
But time comes when you leave the good old parents flat and get in ya own.
As I'm living my own life now, just as my older sinisters do I dont have much burden on my shoulders left to carry around.
kinda enjoying life thats it.
And ye, smoking weed is some leftover habit of my good old depressed times.

But I still do care alotz of my dad so thats the reason.
Overdosing it wouldnt be possible as im not seeing them often enough for that.

As for the only effect that would be satisfying, that is this one:

Ya know my own mind, is full of crap, as everyones.
Running around allday beeing spammed by billions of signals from min. 3 senses at once.
For us, its well easy taking a grab of this thought u wish to focus on, like grabbing a spaghetti from a pot of hundreds.

Now she cant a grab of one at all, this is what I for myself have analyzed.

Now when I smoked one, whatever kind of high or stoned I get my mind slows down. Im getting less spammed by the world, I guess u'll agree on that.

So its like a smoke changes the pot of spaghetti into into half, making it easier getting grab of a single one.

For thats the reason I've wanted to try out.

Imagine you're chronic shizo, gettin a pill by doc and *puff* you feel like a drugrush ended, you finally master your mind again. Well, theres no such pill.

Now imagin theres weed giving this effect. As about this, I might find out in some years.

kind regards

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
Cannabis is known to trigger schizophrenia in some people.
You might want to research this, and think twice before giving cannabis to a schizophrenic. There are medications available which can be helpful for that condition. I have a friend who is a mild (functioning) schizophrenic, and I have noticed he gets pretty crazy at times, and he is a heavy smoker. I believe if he stopped smoking, he would improve, but try convincing a scizophrenic.

Thats BS propaganda, which was used to start the process to de-legalization of marijuana. it does not cause Schizophrenia.

Yup, as for the STATUS

Got alot of useful information, great stuff within.

As it looks I'll once get a nice Strain with alot of CBD and less THC, it'll take a half year atleast for me to order. Just got some new stuff.

I'll try on myself this shit after a quite long cure. I'll once offer my mom to smoke one with me, twice and maybe third time if she agrees that is.
On these few smokes I got enough time analyzed its effect seeing if its worth a use.

Thats it so far.
Thanks for sharing youre opinion.

That's definitely life bro.
As it my youth wasnt much happy aswell.
But time comes when you leave the good old parents flat and get in ya own.
As I'm living my own life now, just as my older sinisters do I dont have much burden on my shoulders left to carry around.
kinda enjoying life thats it.
And ye, smoking weed is some leftover habit of my good old depressed times.

But I still do care alotz of my dad so thats the reason.
Overdosing it wouldnt be possible as im not seeing them often enough for that.

As for the only effect that would be satisfying, that is this one:

Ya know my own mind, is full of crap, as everyones.
Running around allday beeing spammed by billions of signals from min. 3 senses at once.
For us, its well easy taking a grab of this thought u wish to focus on, like grabbing a spaghetti from a pot of hundreds.

Now she cant a grab of one at all, this is what I for myself have analyzed.

Now when I smoked one, whatever kind of high or stoned I get my mind slows down. Im getting less spammed by the world, I guess u'll agree on that.

So its like a smoke changes the pot of spaghetti into into half, making it easier getting grab of a single one.

For thats the reason I've wanted to try out.

Imagine you're chronic shizo, gettin a pill by doc and *puff* you feel like a drugrush ended, you finally master your mind again. Well, theres no such pill.

Now imagin theres weed giving this effect. As about this, I might find out in some years.

kind regards

You may want to get checked out yourself Bud. But you explained it well. I think after a while the blood line thins out, but the feeling of Confusion, and not being able to explain it to anyone. I understand this, and know it to be in Schizophrenia. Just know you are not alone. I will always check in here.. not as often as i like. Take care

Last edited:

Killy

All strains that induce couch lock or stoned effect are NOT cure for schizophrenia. Strains that provoke thoughts need to be avoided by all means, as well as paranoia and anxiety.

You need to select phenotype.

What you need to find is pheno that will get you high without the need to smoke more joints, those that clear head of thoughts but free imagination if wanted are desirable traits, as well as energy.

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
All strains that induce couch lock or stoned effect are NOT cure for schizophrenia. Strains that provoke thoughts need to be avoided by all means, as well as paranoia and anxiety.

You need to select phenotype.

What you need to find is pheno that will get you high without the need to smoke more joints, those that clear head of thoughts but free imagination if wanted are desirable traits, as well as energy.

everyone is different. i find Sativas make my mind Race, and get paranoid

The Boys

i live in canada and according to the psyciatrists iv spoken to , cannabis "agitates" or "aggrivates" (or somthing) scitzophrenia fro people with existing conditions. i have been "diagnosed" with scitzophenia and smoke daily (unless i run out) for the most part im fine but once i smoked about 2/3 of a 1gram joint and i lost it, makin perfect sence one moment and immersed in fantasy, perhaps to the point of delusion the next. i notised that i was already off that day. That of coarse happened on the day i was given the biggest financial opportunity of my life, and because of my "condition" i totally blew it. that was 6 years ago (the worst years of my life), i havent achieved anything and my life has been fucked on and off ever scince.

BUT i have read that there is another cannabinoid that surpresses symptoms of mental illness and that is somthing i am very inerested in because what im on now (somthing that is said to have mild and few side effects COMPARED TO OTHER ANTI-PSYCOTICS) has too manny and too intense side effects for me to be able to live without the drug having a negative effect on my general health and life.

ps. scitzophrenia is hereditary so you might have inherited the "illness" or "condition" or whatever you want to call it. i inherited it from BOTH my parents ! LUCKY ME !

Easy7

Veteran
Indica's are great for schizophrenia, sativa's are not. CBD has anti-psycotic effects. The studies that say cannabis makes mental problems worse didn't study pure indica's harvested with amber trichs but probably some 16 week haze!

The Boys

Indica's are great for schizophrenia, sativa's are not. CBD has anti-psycotic effects. The studies that say cannabis makes mental problems worse didn't study pure indica's harvested with amber trichs but probably some 16 week haze!

i dont know about haze but if its rich ion thc it could/would aggitate symptoms. WHY ARE THERE NO STUDIES OF THE EFFECTS OF CBD FOR THOSE WITH SCITZOPHRENIA ?

RetroGrow

Veteran
Any study on Schizophrenia/cannabis is flawed. Unless they break down and isolate the many components of cannabis, and test each individually, the studies are bogus. CBD may very well help SOME schizophrenics, while on the other hand, THC may aggravate the condition. I think many of us have felt a bit "schizy" when we have smoked some haze or other strong sativas. I know I have. A whole lot more study needs to be done on the individual chemicals in cannabis before any conclusions can be drawn, IMHO. Everyone reacts differently to different strains for a reason. Some people just can't smoke strong sativas. It get's them tripping like LSD.
With so many variables, I don't think we can solve the "problem" here, and it's tough on researchers whose hands are tied in many cases by the government. Unless those studies specify exactly what type of cannabis and which components of cannabis are present, the studies are bogus, IMHO.
P.S.: I have a degree in psychology, so I am aware of the studies and the controversy, but unless each study is conducted under controlled circumstances, ie, knowing exact amounts of different cannabinoids, they are kind of useless.
We need more and better studies of each cannabinoid.

CannabisnessMan

I'm no doctor or any form of scholar but I would like to offer that edibles may be a suggested way to use cannabis if looking for the most CBD like effects, as long as the dosages start off relatively low and carefully finds out what level of dosage is appropriate for their own self.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
I was told to go to "Granny Storm Crow's List" online she has one of the best medical lists I have seen to date with some info you might be looking for on there. I can't post it here because of the tou rules but it's worth looking into headband 707

S

SeaMaiden

I was hesitant to work with a schizophrenic because I'm familiar with the disorder and I didn't want to be the root of exacerbation of her issues. I was amazingly surprised to discover that a strong Sativa dominant line I was running last year was her favorite, and, according to her husband, turned her back into his wife. I've generally tried to give them the couchlock Indicas, but when she hit on the Chocolate Diesel as a favorite I realized perhaps it would be good to allow a little roaming into strongly Sativa-dominant territory.

What may be important to note is that when I run Sativas I like to let them go as long as they (appear to) need. There are many strains that, when grown indoors, require a good 16 weeks, and this can get expensive depending on your power provider. I like doing it outside and then everything has a great cure on it, and I believe that may also play a role.

I haven't read this thread in its entirety, but I have a childhood friend whose mother was schizophrenic with a personality disorder, and have known many others affected by it. I wish we'd known back then what we do now, as far as treatment options and what cannabis can do. I wish I'd known about cannabis when my Touretter boy was being treated.

Latest posts

Latest posts