What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chinese yunnan indica

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
China Yunnan Continued

China Yunnan Continued

B" meristem is on the 10th node of growth. At the 4th node it starts producing a beautiful purple, burgundy color in the (meristem, branches, stems and leaf veins). As the branches from the lower nodes grow out they are also producing color. By the 2nd node of lateral branch growth the burgundy color is showing up in stems and veins. While 9 leaf sets are the most common. There is some 11 leaf sets as well. Most of the leaf bracts are hand sized. Some of the fan leaf sets are quite large.
The noticeable aroma is a deep musky scent with a dirty ashtray scent in the background. This plant is very strong in all aspects. Early on I had some very cold nights and she was unfazed. Prolonged temps inside greenhouse at 100 f + and she just goes about her business of growing. I really look forward to seeing this lady with the alternate genotype flower. I feel very fortunate to experience this plant. Thanks dubi/Ace growers. I will update as flowering starts next month. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
July 30 China Yunnan

July 30 China Yunnan

Hello all, Here is a couple end of the week pictures of my China Yunnan. This plant is likely in the best situation of all plants growing this season. It is in a 45 gallon Root Pouch bag with a small New Malawi Killer. There isn't any light or root restriction issues. This plant has plenty of room and light to maximize it's conditions.

The over all condition of this plant looks very good to me. The right meristem is gaining more color. The left meristem isn't dominant but is strong and growing well. (note), I have limited knowledge of these genetics and can only share what I see. This plant is fun to have and very interesting to grow. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
China Yunnan starting to flower

China Yunnan starting to flower

While flowering has started it is early. Pistils popping out at stem nodes but not in clusters just pairs so far. Color is spreading over all parts of the right meristem. The left meristem is still green.

The weather is in the 70's all week with a chance of rain most days. My rain barrels are full and will be getting refilled. I will be starting more frequent and very light feedings of P&k. Have a great and safe weekend all. Peace:tiphat:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
China Yunnan update.

China Yunnan update.

From the camera there may not look to be a lot of change. Standing in front of this lady is completely different. Her colors are becoming more expressed. Her aroma is getting stronger and her pistils are forming small clusters.
I don't have many angles to get pictures of this young lady. I can try and climb behind the Oaxacan plant and get her backside. This plant is very unique in a multitude of ways. With the double meristem I get two phenotypes expressed in one plant. Joy Joy! Peace

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Is this yunnan around any usa seed banks I thought I'd have luck on glg but nada this yunnan is almost impossible to acquire

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Order online from seedsman. Fem seeds are all that is out there.

Thanks for the reply, looks like I'll be looking for seeds for awhile until some non fem seeds pop up :)

I can definitely be grateful that I have two heirloom strains running

blessings

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
China Yunnan update

China Yunnan update

Hello all, My China Yunnan continues to flower and change. My allergies are so bad the last two days I can't smell a thing. There is a little more concentrated growth of pistils.
A lower branch.
Backside of plant behind the Oaxacan.
From the front. This plant seems happy and healthy.
Empoerertaima, Go straight to Ace for these genetics. The service is the best in the business. The staff can answer any questions you have with first hand knowledge of their genetics. Peace

thejact55

Thanks for the reply, looks like I'll be looking for seeds for awhile until some non fem seeds pop up :)

I can definitely be grateful that I have two heirloom strains running

blessings

Ya im bummed. I had an old pack of ace yunnan reg stock. First time in my life i got a bad germ rate. 2 popped, one survived, a male. Reordered some fem, just to sample em. I have two yunnan females outside, but femmed, bummer. Want them for reproduction stock, cant stand when fem only are available. Not dogging ace (grateful for what they provide), shit happens on germ rates, and who am i to affect a business model, but Im waiting with you...

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
9-15 China Yunnan update

9-15 China Yunnan update

This China Yunnan is a double meristem plant. It's expressing two different phenotypes. One is the green recessive sativa side. The other is a colorful purple & burgundy 7 and 9 leaf sets. So far both have similar bud structures. I don't have any sense of smell right now. I can't give any other aroma information. This is an amazing plant. I doubt I will get another dual meristem plant. Both sides of the genetics expressed are uniquely amazing. I'm really looking forward to seeing these through flowering. Peace:tiphat:

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73203&pictureid=1782505&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
This China Yunnan is a double meristem plant. It's expressing two different phenotypes. One is the green recessive sativa side. The other is a colorful purple & burgundy 7 and 9 leaf sets. So far both have similar bud structures. I don't have any sense of smell right now. I can't give any other aroma information. This is an amazing plant. I doubt I will get another dual meristem plant. Both sides of the genetics expressed are uniquely amazing. I'm really looking forward to seeing these through flowering. Peace:tiphat:

That's frikkin cool I'm anticipating this report thanks for sharing farmer lion :tiphat:

Mr.Revolution

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73203&pictureid=1782505&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
You got some pollen to sprinkle on em. Would b cool if they breed true to meristem

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Mr.Revolution, No I don't have any pollen. I would think a person would have to self this plant. A person would then have a lager gene pool to work with of similar genetics. I know these genes are stable and getting a male later that would express the recessive traits is highly unlikely. I don't have the space or time for such an endeavor. I will certainly do a long cure so friends can enjoy her in her best presentation.

Emporertaima, Thank you for your kind words. I will make sure to have a smoke report done in it's proper time. Peace