What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chinese yunnan indica

2scoot

The buds have been curing for close to 8 weeks now. There is very little smell until you start handling the buds and then you get a very pleasant aroma of sweetness with a hint of sourness - neither of which is overpowering. I would consider this a low odor strain....
The high is very gentle both up and down and if I could say one thing about this strain is that in grounds me in truth. Images and conversations are clearer and I'm more in tune with my surroundings. It definitely has the body stone but still allows you to perform tasks with relative ease - it's just a great all around smoke. The resin production was quite impressive as well so for those that are into making hash this would be a great plant to grow.

Pepé The Grower

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yunan @ 46°N,end october, harvest day pictures:
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Strong green tea,incensey aromas and taste, medium potency but nice relaxed effect, quite clear. The one i loved most

Dogtown

Looking awesome Pepé! Very beautiful plants!
Is this the regular or feminized version of the china yunnan?

ULMW

Superb Colors Pepe! Lovely gardening!
Happy harvest! Looking forward to your smoke report

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
I'm such a sucker for purple. What a stunning plant.

The cool nights were very kind to this plant. When i grew outdoors the tastiest plants were always the later ones that purpled in the cold. lots were pretty but yours is prettier.

Pepé The Grower

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yep she really was beautiful! and she cures to a nice golden color, but what i really dig is her taste, so exotic!

Found her out of 8 plants total ( courtesy of dubi ),2 packs of regular beans

P.s: did anybody notice the other pot plant in the background? I guess not as she ain't pretty as the purple yunan

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Pepe :)

What a beautiful purple china yunnan you grew outdoors! :huggg:
Hope you also found interesting males to reproduce the line in regular format. That purple female seems enough interesting to keep working the line.

The green tea aromas, incensey smells when it is burnt and the golden color it gets with the curing as well as some sativa influence in the effect are reminiscent of many good SE asian sativas. On the other hand, the short structure and flowering time, flower straucture, resin production, creaminess and warm relaxed effect are traits that i associate more with hashplant strains.

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Here's my CY fem that makes all the other girls jealous. I have to bend her over every other day and she's loving it. Can't wait to have the finished results.

View Image

View Image

I flowered a small test clone in warmer temps that didn't throw off colors quite like this so this is a nice surprise.

Hi mufafa,

Sorry for not replying before, i think i didn't see your post.
Beautiful China Yunnan in early flowering, how did she turn out ?

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hello everybody, Just curious about something. I planted one seed of China Yunnan four days ago and now I have two stalks with the first leaves sticking out of the soil today. The seedlings didn't come up out of the same hole either. They are about 1/4 to 1/2 inch apart from each other. I can post up a picture tomorrow. I've never had twins out of a single seed before. I guess it happens all over in nature with everything else why not cannabis? Peace

48N

Hello everybody, Just curious about something. I planted one seed of China Yunnan four days ago and now I have two stalks with the first leaves sticking out of the soil today. The seedlings didn't come up out of the same hole either. They are about 1/4 to 1/2 inch apart from each other. I can post up a picture tomorrow. I've never had twins out of a single seed before. I guess it happens all over in nature with everything else why not cannabis? Peace

I also had a twin once from seeds I made myself but it wasn't very vigorous and was pulled in the following weeks
Although I would have liked to keep it to make seeds and see whether that trait would have been passed on
It was a lot smaller than the other seedlings height wise and never got going like the other ones
A little bit like being topped by nature it seemed :)

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
double plant

double plant

48N, Here is a picture of the little lady. She seems healthy so far. She is in a 45 gallon grow bag by her self.(not for long) I just ordered a Malawi feminized breeders pack. I'm going to plant two seeds. Not sure which phenotypes I'm going with yet. Maybe one old and one new Malawi killer.( two 45 gallon grow bags with just one indica in each) I have a buddy that plays and sings in a band. I would like to make him forget the words to songs if possible. Peace :tiphat:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
China Yunnan update.

China Yunnan update.

Well this lady had no problems with growth so far. She has out paced an Angola x Kali China that had a ten day head start on life. I don't think there is anything wrong with either plant. The Angola genetics may have had poorly mixed soil and be in a hot spot of chicken guano and/or sheep manure combo. When the roots work their way through to a better soil mixture I'm sure she will be fine. I see this China Yunnan gaining 2' of height before flowering starts. I will try and do some more updates on her here. I will certainly be doing updates at farmerlions first greenhouse grow thread on Ace threads. Peace:tiphat:

mufafa

Hi mufafa,

Sorry for not replying before, i think i didn't see your post.
Beautiful China Yunnan in early flowering, how did she turn out ?

She turned out awesome, thanks for asking! Highest yielder in that run but I think she is a bit too wild to keep. I struggled to keep her size in check. I enjoyed the uniqueness of the flavor so I decided to try Kali China next run. I picked up some KC F4 from you guys at Spannabis to run later this year, looking forward to it!

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
double stalked Yunnan.

double stalked Yunnan.

I wanted to post an update of the China Yunnan that came up a double. The plant is healthy and very vigorous. Both stalks are pretty even in growth. One stalk isn't dominant over the other. I haven't done notes yet today for the new week. Just a couple pictures while I watered this morning. Enjoy your day. Peace :tiphat:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
July 9th update.

July 9th update.

Hello everyone, I hope you all had a great weekend. Here is a picture of my China Yunnan plant. This is the same plant that came up a double. It has been a very vigorous plant.

The temperatures in the greenhouse have been 100 + degrees for the last six days. The China Yunnan has taken the heat in stride like no other plant. Even after long days at work and no water. This smartass looks at me like is that all you have? Dubi, Thank you again for the strong, reliable genetics. Great germination rates always and the harvest dates are spot on. Peace :tiphat:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
I'm really looking forward to watching this lady develop. She has roughly one month of vegetative growth before my natural light cycle changes to flowering. I will try and post a picture or two here when I have time. Have a great week! Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Double meristem China Yunnan

Double meristem China Yunnan

This plant is really unique in so many ways, One meristem has color one doesn't. The leaf bracts are very interesting as well. Here is a few pictures of her this week.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Happy growing my friends. Peace :tiphat:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
China Yunnan and some notes

China Yunnan and some notes

Hello, I wanted to share some notes of observations I noticed on this unique plant. It is certainly the most interesting plant I have this season. I hope you find it as interesting as I do.

This double meristem plant has been growing very well. The left meristem is on the 11th node of growth. All stems and branches are solid medium green in color. The left meristem is producing 11 leaf sets of growth. The greenhouse temperature today is 95 degrees f. Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts