What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chinese yunnan indica

OPO

Hi there :tiphat:
This strain is realy interesting:)
-but sold out as regular seeds and I never will grow fems :-(
I hope the Yunan Indica will come back as regular seeds??!!
, but I doesn t think so-.
:tiphat:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Cannabisso,

I'm glad you had the chance to reproduce the strain in pure form :yes:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi OPO,

Chinese Yunnan will be back in regular format in the future,
but It will take some time to breed a new regular generation with the same quality that the new feminized version will have.

OPO

Hi there:tiphat:
+THX for info Dubi:)
Thats very nice,coz I need the Yunan Indica for my Indica-Landrace/IBL collection and for some nice breed-projects aswell:biggrin:

-@ Cannabisso:-I hope you can reproduce your Yunan and I think you can maybee cross it to the new Yunan s ,who coming soon as Dubi says:tiphat:
-I m sorry for my bad english :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
China Yunnan indica pheno pollinated indoors.

Attachments

• China X3 polinizada.jpg
    China X3 polinizada.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 36

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
China Yunnan sativa pheno finishing outdoors.
Cannabinoid analysis of the sample tested at SC Labs.

Attachments

• China Yunnan Outdoors.jpg
    China Yunnan Outdoors.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 68
  • China Yunnan Outdoors2.jpg
    China Yunnan Outdoors2.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 53
  • China Yunnan flower.jpg
    China Yunnan flower.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 69
  • China Yunnan análisis de cannabinoides.jpg
    China Yunnan análisis de cannabinoides.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 70

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Eltiburón,

Usually fast flowering pure indicas like our chinese will flower at your latitude as soon as they can due the short photoperiods all year around, almost like if they were auto flowering plants. You should increase the photoperiod with a lamp to make longer days and expand their growing stage, or choose sativas or sativa dominant hybrids with tropical roots that are more suitable for your latitude.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
China Yunnan sativa pheno finishing outdoors.
Cannabinoid analysis of the sample tested at SC Labs.

Just to be clear was the seeds that grew the pictured plant a pure Yunnan? I ask because I have grown thousands of Yunnan and few if any had such thin leaves. That and I never found any that had 17% THC, I grew seeds collected all over Yunnan and never found one that was even 5% THC, they did have very high terpene and resin levels, some smelled exactly like Afghani plants, some smelled exactly like Thai plants, just little THC. I did not read all the earlier posts, so if this is a hybrid I understand why high THC.
BTW I did not try and raise the THC levels I was breeding for large seed size and no THC, with that I was successful, as it is quite easy to lower the THC levels in Yunnan.
-SamS

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Hello Dubi,
I had forgot about this. Yes most of my work was with the big seeded food Yunnan Cannabis variety, in Yunnan they crack the seeds and toss the shells and eat the insides just like a sunflower seed. I have seen them as big as 12 to one gram, Skunk #1 is 60 to one gram, I also have seeds from Kashmir that are over 800 to one gram. I grew then at sea level and still over 800 to one gram. I do agree that Yunnan is related to Afghani and Thai varieties, I think the Yunnan is the parent of both. I suspect as the seeds you used were smaller it is not exactly what I grew from Yunnan, I grew many different batches from all over Yunnan but I focused on big seeds, as that was my goal.
Nice seeing you in Barcelona at the Spannabis in March, hope all is well? I love landrace NLD's I think they are the future, I find the average WLD or WLD/NLD hybrids all to similar and pretty boring, many have low ceiling, and get you much more stoned then high.
Maybe I can get a dry leaf for the DNA project so we can see if any big differences between Yunnan big seed and your Yunnan?
If yes PM me.
-SamS

I received the chinese yunnan seeds around 2002 from kernal kosmix (who unfortunatly passed away a few years later). At that time, we were in a now disappeared internet preservation forum sharing landrace genetics. I didn't pick up the seeds in person in Yunnan, kernal told me the seeds came from chinese inmigrants that were working in his area.

The seeds had a medium/small size, pale on color without (or very little) mottling. I grew them all and i found what seemed to be a landrace hash plant indica (columnar, compact, fast flowering, resinous) but with different traits to the afghani and pakistani strains i experienced before.

Around the same time i also was growing thais and other SE asian sativas, the chinese yunnan was clearly indica but had some features that reminded me northern thai/burmese strains, especially for the taste/aroma and start of the effect. It was obviously a landrace rich in THC (it was very psychoactive, not hempy kind of population). The chinese yunnan effect was at the end relaxed and meditative and i always have had the feeling that the line has some amounts of CBD too.

Thinking about the origins of cannabis, Yunnan location, ancient medical uses of chinese culture with cannabis and the mixed traits between what is classicaly consider cannabis indica traits and SE asian sativa traits, it was/is my guess that this chinese line and probably other strains from this area of the world are probably the connection between the more extreme cannabis indica strains from Afghanistan, Pakistan, North India ... and the extreme tropical sativas from SE asia. It's only my opinion, and i think the only way to know it for sure would be to make dna analysis of this unhybridized asian landraces to learn more about where the psychoactive cannabis evolved and how they genetically changed in the different geographical areas were they were spread and under the breeding pressure from different human populations.

Now the genetists have the knowledge and technology to make this kind of studies, we already know more about the origins of human populations, animals and vegetables thanks to dna studies so i think is only a matter of time that serious genetic studies about cannabis and its origin are finally done.

6 years ago i received other seeds from Yunnan province that were radically different, super big and mottled, the contact told me the yunnanese people used the seeds as a food. I grew them too, they were a hempy population with none or very little psychoactive value. China is huge and i'm sure there is a huge genetic diversity in chinese cannabis landraces.

This is the background i can share about the origins of the chinese yunnan line we have been working with since the very early days of ACE Seeds.

Sam, you are a very fortunate person to have the talent, experience and resources to explore big landrace populations and to develop excepcional strains (psychoactive or not).

Kind regards! dubi

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
Oooh neat! This one has both of you written all over it. :tiphat:

Ace Seeds Pure Purple Old Timers Haze x Ace Seeds China Yunnan at 9.5 weeks:
picture.php

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
Here's a few more shots of the same plant at its 10 week chop. This plant has a very 50/50 smell of Yunnan and Haze - somewhat creamy, orange-mango citrus with a sandalwood incense back.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Just to be clear was the seeds that grew the pictured plant a pure Yunnan? I ask because I have grown thousands of Yunnan and few if any had such thin leaves. That and I never found any that had 17% THC, I grew seeds collected all over Yunnan and never found one that was even 5% THC, they did have very high terpene and resin levels, some smelled exactly like Afghani plants, some smelled exactly like Thai plants, just little THC. I did not read all the earlier posts, so if this is a hybrid I understand why high THC.
BTW I did not try and raise the THC levels I was breeding for large seed size and no THC, with that I was successful, as it is quite easy to lower the THC levels in Yunnan.
-SamS

Hi Sam,

Yes, it was indeed a pure Yunnan sativa (or NLD as you like to call it) pheno, P3 generation from the regular line.

The China Yunnan fem versions released previously were much more indica/hashplant influenced (more WLD).

I will bring our China Yunnan plants to analyze for cannabinoid and terpene content as soon as we have proper non seeded flowers to bring to the lab (previous china yunnan grows have been for seed production).

I concur with you. I also believe Yunnan strains are connected in some way with afghani indicas and SE asian sativas. I will be glad to send you a dry leaf for the DNA analysis in case you are interested.

First pic is a pure P2 China Yunnan sativa pheno (sinsemilla).
Second pic is a P2 indica pheno (seeded).
Third pic shows the typical leaf traits of our Yunnan line.

Attachments

• China Yunnan campanar detalle resina.jpg
    China Yunnan campanar detalle resina.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 46
  • China Yunnan detalle hoja.jpg
    China Yunnan detalle hoja.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 42
  • China X3 polinizada.jpg
    China X3 polinizada.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 39

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
hi dubi will you work the sativa side of the strain too ?

Hi Manivelle,

Yes, we have worked the sativa side of the strain. The sativa expressions have been more prevalent in previous China Yunnan regular releases.

On the other hand, Kali China is a quite stabilized hybrid that shows the best hashplant/indica traits from the China Yunnan strain.

Etruscan

Hi dubi the last couple of weeks I've been searching all over shops for any remaining China Yunnan regular seeds and am dissapointed when I do find a e shop that has advertsed as in stock they are in reality out of stock and refund me, I read a post and you said to soeon on this thread PM me if you can't find any and I'll sort you out. I was therefore wondering if you could help me out with sourcing China Yunnan regular if you had any left many thanks.

Etruscan

Hi dubi the last couple of weeks I've been searching all over shops for any remaining China Yunnan regular seeds and am dissapointed when I do find a e shop that has advertsed as in stock they are in reality out of stock and refund me, I read a post and you said to soeon on this thread PM me if you can't find any and I'll sort you out. I was therefore wondering if you could help me out with sourcing China Yunnan regular if you had any left many thanks.

If you happened to have any old seeds or any new of the Yunnan sativa you have worked that would help me out with my Kerala RSC I'm trying to breed to reduce flowering time many thanks

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Etruscan,

Unfortunately there's no fresh China Yunnan regular stock available, i keep seeds from different lines in the preservation fridge to hopefully re work her in regular format in the future. Thanks for your interest.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
A new batch of fresh China Yunnan fem has been released at our website.
It's a P3 generation, mix of sweet and sour creamy phenos and purple incensey phenos.

Latest posts

Latest posts