What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary Chimera strain mélange.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Jah,
I’ll be interested what you think of the white lotus x Jack. I gave this one a go in my greenhouse years ago. It stank of rotting fruit and one of the plants made a friend of mine pull a whitey. Not sure if it was lucky for that one plant though.

I think the white lotus male would go best with the warlock x BH..

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Thank you all for your input. I have just put the two males I plan to use into flower so hopefully the pollen collection will be soon. I also have 3 chunky monkey males and may pick the stinkiest (stem rub only) since its the only criteria on selection I have at the moment. The Congo males will make f2's. I have two females and two CongoxBH males to spread the love. I also plan on using some Congo pollen on my hazexSS in hopes of something interesting. I will take Kalbs advise and use the White Lotus male on the Warlock as well as the MoroccanxSS and PurexBH and see what the progeny is like. I'll collect and store the pollen for future use as well since I have some newly started seedlings that I would like to explore further with some pollen chucks. I will post some pictures of the male in the next couple days.

Out of curiosity, has anyone other than Paddi flowered the white lotus line or know of someone who has? of 5 seeds I had only one sprouted so I didnt get a chance to taste any of the females. From the description Chimera gave they seems to produce a raspberry/fruity notes and I thought they would complement my XL which has a skunky raspberry smell and the Pure with its pine-berry fuel profile.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
I was only able to flower a male. Still have most of that pack left, though. The stem rub was citrusy/fruity. I hit an ancestral skunk, lucinda williams, and a pure love CBD plant with the pollen.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
bsgospel, did you flower any of the A.skunk, LW, or pure love pollinated seeds? Sadly I don't have anymore white lotus seeds to try the line. hopefully the Male will produce something worthwhile. Below you can see both male plants. the Congo plant (left) was being trained in the event it was female so some bigger fan leaves were removed. the White Lotus (right) male is undisturbed...

Congo BH male

White Lotus male

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
mine had a bit more side branching than that (out of two males- pictured here), so that one was kept on board. I haven't flowered them out yet but the AS are on top priority. I gotta get this puppy filled first....(see attachment)

Attachments

• IMG_20190924_131325846.jpg
    IMG_20190924_131325846.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 26

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Congo x BH Congo day 14

Congo x BH Congo day 14

This the 1st of two females of the congoxbh. At day 14 after the switch into flower she is already showing flower development. Structure reminds me of other blockhead pollinated lines with thick long spears if trained that way. Internode space is nice and I imagine will fill up nicely producing full branches. She stretch more than I thought which is really good because this plant only vegged about 9 weeks from seed. Her sister which is still in veg will be much taller but the stems are not as thick.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Fighting Buddha

Fighting Buddha

This is the second run of the selected FB (had 3 females) which I decided to flower smaller and attempted to bulk up once she stopped stretching. Plan was to pump her with a couple of compost tea feeds but she doesn't seem to like the extra nuts...blueberry trait I've noticed in other plants as well. The structure seems to come from the BB side but on the first run this was by far the tallest sister. She certainly benefits from a longer veg. I have a clone which is really starting to stretch so I be putting this plant in for another run soon. This line proved better than I had expected and I have 5 more seeds I'll be planting soon to make some f2 seeds to explore further. Anyway, fighting buddha goodness...chopped yesterday at exactly 8 weeks in the flower room.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Nice Congo!!
I heard such good things about the Congo x Jack when it came to the high. I think you and window had a set that pumped out tall massive yields of joy. I never got to try it but I remember both of you saying the stone was really nice, as well as the taste. Let’s hope the BH version also holds the same type of promise.

Ah man, I love the Fighting Buddha. Glad you’re going to pop the other 5 seeds.. There’s gold in them seeds. Check out the post below from mayans thread:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=7247787&postcount=30

You can see that the variance in the FB line can be quite interesting. I’d love to find that squat little fat pheno that he found.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
While the new stuff develops a bit I decided to run of couple of my SS crosses and another run of the pure x bh since she finishes quick. I just up potted the second congoxbh so she should make the move into flower in the next week or so. I have some new seeedlings but will wait till they grow a bit more before posting. Anyway, the XL and SD were clone plants that I use for cuttings so no training but I was low on the XL and SD so I figure a small batch will be easy enough to handle while I wait for the other stuff to veg a bit longer. The SD was trimmed with just 4 branches since she packs it nicely.

SD:

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Congo x BH about 3.5 weeks

Congo x BH about 3.5 weeks

This is the first of two females from 4 seeds. She was the quickest to show sex and is filling in nicely as well. Hasn't been a month yet and she is showing her potential. I have a male in a separate room waiting to shed the pollen so I can make some f2's. Trained to for only three long branches she responded well and node spacing is ideal. Although its still early I would say that the structure is from the blockhead side of the lineage and i am expecting some bud laden spears from the looks of it. I have seen several of the blockhead plants with this structure which tends to produce very well. The other Congo is definitely more branched and I cant wait to compare them in the next couple weeks when the other plant starts producing flowers.

Congo#2

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Congo x BH for the win!
Have the smells started to develop at all? Wondering how she’ll compare to the jack version. She does look like she’s going to stack pretty nicely.. Nice man

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Congo x BH for the win!
Have the smells started to develop at all? Wondering how she’ll compare to the jack version. She does look like she’s going to stack pretty nicely.. Nice man

Thanks Kalbhairav. Smell is starting to develop and I can pick out the congo smell as well as the BH berry but both are very mild at the moment. The fact that the spicey woody notes from the previous congo I grew is there gives me hope that has some maternal contribution is present in this plant. I'm even happier with the development at this early stage and hope I can push her clean and plump to the end.

Now from the other side of the garden:

White Lotus x Jack male:

Congo x BH male:

Im hoping that the pollen develops in the next couple weeks as this will give me time to pollinate the XL, Pure with the WL pollen and the two Congo females with the male Congo pollen for f2's. Ill be storing the pollen for future plants waiting their turn to flower. I have some new stuff still in the seedling stage that will get some pollen as well...happy days ahead.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Random flower pics

Random flower pics

Just a few flower pics to keep you interested while things develop and mature.

XL SD Haze Pure Kush Congo2