What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary Chimera strain mélange.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Pure Kush x BH

Pure Kush x BH

this the purexbh at week 3 and she is quickly developing. This plant is one of the quickest I run..usually at week 7 she is ready if she doesn't run into issues. I take it at 8 just to get a touch more body but she is equally fantastic earlier. This one stretchy gal even in a 1gal/3.7L container she grew 3x. A bigger container gives me a bigger plant but not necessarily bigger buds so I flower in smaller pots to contain the plant and Ill give her 2 compost tea feedings in the next two weeks to bulk up the flower set but still have a relative easy plant in my smaller room. She is quick so a couple smaller plants in the room at a staggered interval keeps my jars full and allows other plants to receive light.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Update

Update

Quick update on the pure and Congo blockhead crosses.

Pure Kush x BH at day 30 flowering is at the halfway point. The plant is progressing nicely and will receive her second and last mild compost tea feeding this weekend followed by h2o until she comes down. I anticipate the buds to swell later but she is by no means a producer.

The Congo x BH seedlings are coming along but I had one casualty when I knocked the plant over and the rim of the cup chopped the stem clean off. I was forced to keep the runt plant and hope that it survived. I can say that while it's still behind the other 3, it will make it. I have a few other plants I just started and will post here when they grow some...

too-dope

Quick update on the pure and Congo blockhead crosses.

Pure Kush x BH at day 30 flowering is at the halfway point. The plant is progressing nicely and will receive her second and last mild compost tea feeding this weekend followed by h2o until she comes down. I anticipate the buds to swell later but she is by no means a producer.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=63693&pictureid=1972506View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=63693&pictureid=1972507View Image

The Congo x BH seedlings are coming along but I had one casualty when I knocked the plant over and the rim of the cup chopped the stem clean off. I was forced to keep the runt plant and hope that it survived. I can say that while it's still behind the other 3, it will make it. I have a few other plants I just started and will post here when they grow some...

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=63693&pictureid=1972508View Image

The Cheese x BH sounds awesome Jah. I'm curious how this most recent Pure Kush x BH will compare to the ones you ran earlier. I love the structure of the PK x BH. Looks like it's leaning heavily toward the PK in that regard.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
The Cheese x BH sounds awesome Jah. I'm curious how this most recent Pure Kush x BH will compare to the ones you ran earlier. I love the structure of the PK x BH. Looks like it's leaning heavily toward the PK in that regard.

hi too-dope. Ive had this particular plant from the original run with the others. For whatever reason I never really showed her. Comparing the 4 females + 2 crosses with Tikal, this was the only one that has the "og type" growth and bud formation. I believe the other leaned towards the pollen donor side...or maybe this is just an anomaly. The others where much more productive and had stacked buds as well as a powerful effect. I prefer this one overall because its not instant knock you out cannabis...this line can be narcotic in effect as the other plants have shown me. This is more middle of line effect with an eventual feel good relaxing body after a couple hours. The effect is still very powerful however and is complimented by a great taste. Less fuely than her sisters with more pine /lemon profile and kushy berry twist. This line is worth a run for sure...

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Updates

Updates

Its been a while since I updated the thread but there isn't much to post at the moment. The Congo BH crosses have not fully shown sex but are growing nicely. I think I may have 2 bot 2 girls but its still too early (week 7). There are some variation with leaf structure with 2 leaning towards the BH side from my limited experience with the pollen donor but we shall see as time goes on.

These three seedling are Chunky Monkey x C99 I purchased through Breeders Retail when they where up and running. I started 4 but one never made it past the tap root stage. More to come as they develope...

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
more stuff..

more stuff..

This is the pure kush x BH i have been running for a while now. She did not show any of the BH traits the others did and has a OG type growth and bud structure which was very different from the other that had huge productive buds and shorter node spacing. While not the biggest yielder she is far supperior in taste and effect. Done in eight weeks faithfully regardless of room conditions...here she is in a photo from last week rounding out week 7. She will come down tomorrow.

This the fighting buddha #3 plant which I did fully show while I was selecting from the 3 females I ended up with. I tried her short this time since she seemed to really stretch last time. Aesthetically it a pretty plant to look at with nice bud formation. This plant had the best effect from the group with a floral lime taste with an almost fizzy tickle your nose smell and one of the best highs I have pulled from seeds this year.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Ahhh, nice update :)

The Fighting Buddha were slept on in my eyes. Mayan was possibly the only person shouting about them and grew them whenever he had any.

The Pure Kush looks verrrry pretty; nice commercial look to her..

The Chunky Monkey x C99 are going to be stinky. Probably not the most potent ever but good tastes.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
I believe there was some double purple doja in there. And perhaps the chocolate trip that made it into other cannacopia crosses. I know it's in the cannacopia forum somewhere.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Thanks bsgospel....I found possible Chunky Monkey genetic makeup:

1. (GDP x Mendo Purps) x Deep Chunk
2. Chocolate Chunck (Chocolate Trip x Deep Chunk) x Gorilla Grape
3. Chocolate Trip x Indigo Indica (Deep Chunkolate) mom x Urkle x Double Purple Doja (Gorilla Grape) male

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Any idea what the makeup of the chunky monkey might be?

In short, I know very little :D

I would veer away from anything that has Deep Chunk in it though. From what I know, Chunky Monkey is a high yielding var with a high terp profile which would strike DC, as part of the parentage, off my list. They’re going to smell wonderful and this combo would be high on a list as a day time commercial staple. I hope I’m not too far off the mark.

Looking forward to how they turn out.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Yeah mine got very tall, mid-density on the nugs but still a good yield overall. She's a light hog. A lot of fuel and rubber scents on there. Definitely a day-time smoke.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Thanks bsgospel and Kalbhairav for your quick response. I was hoping for more of an evening type smoke or more of a sedative effect when I got these. No big deal I suppose but I will have to pop a few more seeds however as I like heavier smoke in the winter and the long cold days ahead. I have some Dom x BH and SnazzB (#3) so maybe Ill run those. thanks again...

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
update

update

So I can confirm at least one female Congo x BH plant at the moment. I believe I may have another but this cultivar has proven very slow to show sex (at week 9 I was able to confirm only two them; 1 male and 1 female). In contrast, the Chunky Monkey x C99 is already showing their sex (3 males!) at week 6. I put the gal into flower this week in a one gallon container and trained to hopefully produce three long branches for me to evaluated her. I'll post pics sometime this week. I have a male that I think leans towards the Congo side and have decided to keep him to pollinate the females to make some f2's. Ill post him as well.

Bummer about the Chunky Monkey...looks like Ill pop some more or choose a different path now that I know they are more of a daytime smoke and not the heavy effect like I wanted.

Additionally, I have a lone White Lotus male from five seeds planted. I was contemplating using the pollen for the Pure Kush x BH or the Warlock x BH i have going. I have some SS crosses currently in early flower so I may also dust them ( Haze, Medina) but not sure yet....what do you guys think?

Update pics- Congo x BH

Last edited:

Koondense

Veteran
I think you should dust everything with the congo leaning male, also use the lotus male for a few other females and most important, post a lot of pictures! :)
I'm very interested in the SS hybrids especially ssxl(medina hybrid).

Cheers

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Thanks bsgospel and Kalbhairav for your quick response. I was hoping for more of an evening type smoke or more of a sedative effect when I got these. No big deal I suppose but I will have to pop a few more seeds however as I like heavier smoke in the winter and the long cold days ahead. I have some Dom x BH and SnazzB (#3) so maybe Ill run those. thanks again...

Girls are looking great as usual, Jahaze. :tiphat: I can really relate to what you’re saying about preferring a heavier smoke in the winter. Long cold winters here too - the perfect time to be warm and stoney. I always grow at least one plant for a spring harvest that should be more uplifting/motivational to celebrate the breaking of spring; but smoke for those lazy winter months is priority number one.

I hope you do pop some of the Schnazz - would really enjoy seeing what you find. I have #2 going now and plan to start #3 next fall followed up by #4 around the new year, 2021. Well, that’s the plan as of now.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
I always mess this up- #3 is SS and #4 is Jack? Or do I have that backwards?

:)
The Shnazz order goes...
#2 - The Dom x Blueberry
#3 - The Dom x Sweet Skunk (reversed)
#4 - The Dom x Blockhead

There was a Dom x Jack but it came under a different name ;)

Latest posts

Latest posts