What's new

Diary Chimera strain mélange.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Ooo, Congo looks like it’s coming on fast!

For sure...day 28 and she is building up quickly. The structure looks to be from the BH dad and the smell of funky berries reinforces the notion. Still early so we shall see as I have noticed that the BH seems to let a lot of the mother through even though she looks like dad.

Congo x BH #2

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
I get really jealous when I see new messages in the Chi forum. I'm sitting on all this gear and circumstance after circumstance keeps preventing me from popping beans.

Those look great. This next run at the warehouse I really want to introduce the Congo x Jack/BH. The Congo will not be denied! The Conroy must thrive!

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Male updates

Male updates

So the males are humming along and I'm happy so far with development and structure.

Pair: Congo x BH: White lotus x Jack:

zif

Veteran
They’re both good looking plants, but the architecture of that white lotus x jack is very visually pleasing!

Long petioles perfectly square to the stem, the clean triangular (stretchy!) branches just as precisely placed above. The crisp break to alternate branching.

That first pic is one hell of a shot. :biggrin:

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
I was just noting that as well. Perfectly symmetrical right up until the top. And that Congo is going to produce some chunky ass kids.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
It's getting all studly in here all of a sudden.

WL/J was all wiry and complex before suddenly deciding to put a kink in his step. C/BH looks as if he's a bit more straight, conservative and refined. If they could talk I think he'd look down on WL/J and have a few things to say about the direction he's decided to take ;)

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Hey Jahaze,

How are the Congo’s coming along? :) Hope you had a good new year:)

Happy New Year! I was away for a bit over the holidays but am back and have some pics to share as well as some thoughts on the Congo x BH. Updating soon.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
So I collected pollen from both the White Lotus and Congo x BH and pollenated the following:
F2's were made of the Congo x BH with two different plants. I have a third female Congo but she is still in veg and will also get some of the pollen I have stored when she is ready. Seeds were made and collected from the first plant Congo x BH #2. The second plant is partially harvested and the seeds on that plant are currently still developing but will come down sometime next week I believe.

Simply Irresistible was pollinated with some congo x BH dust and those seeds are also developing.

Moroccan (XL) and Sweet & Sour D were pollinated with White Lotus x Jack dust and are also developing and should by available in next couple weeks.

I have some other plants that will be pollinated with the White L (warlock) and some other non chimera seeds plants. The congo x BH pollen will also be used on some other equatorial leaning plants I have in the veg room. I'm going to wait for those however until the weather warms up since my setup is very cold at the moment and the broader leaf stuff seems to do better for me this time of year.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Congo x BH update

Congo x BH update

I harvested one of the plants completely and the other is partially harvested. The plant on the left (congo#2) was the first plant to finish (week 10.5) and could have gone a bit more but I chopped becasue she started to lose some terpenes in the last 10 tens before the chop. I think I may have prolonged the flower by adding some food late in flower because she just kept swelling. Anyhow, she was completely covered in resin with big heads. I have since smoke several samples and will post my opinion in a separate post along with the other plant (congo#1) which is partially harvested (tuesday) and is drying at the moment. The first three pics are of both plant (over time) and the last two are of the congo#2 plant which produced very well given the small 3.7l container it was in. Cant really tell from the photo but she was stacked, dense and heavy. Although I did lose some terps due to letting her go past nine weeks which I personally thought was just right. Holidays and laziness certainly played a part but the clone is doing fine so no biggie. I can say without giving away too much that this plant leans heavy towards the BH side...but more on that later on. Right now some pics and as you can see, I use smaller containers at this time of year due to environment (damp and cold) which tends to leave the medium soggy if the containers are to big and the plant isn't using up all the water. Some nutrient temperature issue are avoided somewhat I have learned over time in my setup if I go small and light.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Congo x BH #1 plant

Congo x BH #1 plant

This is the second plant to go into flower as she vegged a bit slower. Overall I like the plant and she has a different flower structure and a bit better branching in my opinion. Terps are also different than the congo#2 plant. This plant came down partially at week 9 but she is still in the flower room as she was pollinated and seeds are still developing but is almost ready. This one took a bit longer to fill in but was quicker once started. resin is also very good and the flowers maybe a touch less dense than her sister. Growth wise I prefer this type of plant but the real test will be flavor and effect so we shall see what comes of it...for now, some pics.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
XL plant

XL plant

this is my XL plant which is a perennial resident in my flower room. I have pollinated her with the white lotus x jack just to see what the progeny will be like. The XL has a skunky raspberry nose while flowering and the white lotus is purported to also have a raspberry like scent so I hoping for some nice offsprings. She goes though her stored nutrients rather quickly and in this grow I failed to top dress in time so she wasn't too happy about that. She also is not a fan of colder environment but she still produces...love this plant.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
I keep meaning to ask; what’s the stretch like on the XL? More then 3x?

Yes about that 3x. In a bigger container I try to pinch off before flowering since she is a stretchy one. I believe the SS is at play here but the flower smell, taste and effect is way over on the Moroccan side. I actually just started two more medina x jacks so I will compare them to this plant (SS father) but I can already tell you those have thicker stems, broader leaves, and are more compact.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
So you teased about the Congo/BH.. Has it not been what you expected? Maybe heavy on the BH?

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
The XL puts on early weight like nothing else and so depletes N really quickly; you definitely need to keep up with N the first few weeks of flowering otherwise the plants will yellow out well before the plant in done, with most nutrient feeds.

A lot of flower mass on those BH/Congo plants for such a small pot!

Nice work Jahaze, as always.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
The XL puts on early weight like nothing else and so depletes N really quickly; you definitely need to keep up with N the first few weeks of flowering otherwise the plants will yellow out well before the plant in done, with most nutrient feeds.

A lot of flower mass on those BH/Congo plants for such a small pot!

Nice work Jahaze, as always.

Thanks for the heads up. I always have trouble with certain plants this time of year due mostly to my environment. I plant in somewhat lean nutrient mixes due to past experience with my cold wet environment and nute lock out. The XL I have been running for some time now and every now and then I fail to do exactly as you have observed. I underfeed, she takes off and I simply cant catch up and I find myself feeding mild concentrations of nutes that keeps her moving but not thriving. Fortunately, the plant still produces very good smoke considering her less than ideal nutrition. I actually had some last night from 8 week old sample nugs I had dried previously dried because I was jonesing for her flavor.

The congo plants did reasonable well for sure again considering the small containers and the cold. The goal was to make f2s and search for something closer to the clone mom. I was surprised with one plant which Ill post soon with respect to flavor and effect. As always your input is appreciated..regards Chimera. Glad to see you are still lurking from time to time.

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Congo x BH results

Congo x BH results

Sorry for the delay but was waiting for the 2nd plant to dry enough to give me a fair representation of the final product. A quick summary of the flowering and then the smoke report. The Congo 2 (C2) was the first to show sex and the first to go into flower. She went 10.5 and could have gone a bit more but I think I artificially pushed the harvest out by feeding her late in the cycle. The plant IMO shares more structural qualities of the pollen donor BH. Thick rigid stems and not too branchy but certainly leafy. resin production was very good on both plant but more so with the C2. The C2 also had long shoots laden from top to bottom with chucky flowers up top and very respectable sugar coated nugs towards the bottom. Not a wasted bud at all! In the 3.7L container she still produced heavy flowers...a BH trait that I have noticed with several other BH pollinated lines as well. The second plant Congo 1 (C1), was a bit slower initially and went into flowers about three weeks after C2. The C1 plant grew more branched and favored a long main cola instead of multiple shoots but Im not sure if this was due to being slower and less training than her sister. The plant while taking longer to show sex and come into her own while in vegetation mode was quicker and nicely developed with nine weeks total flowering. Overall both plants did yield about the same with maybe the C2 giving me a bit more weight but I haven't weighed either so Im really speculating.

C2 smoke: the plant leans heavily in the BH direction with floral berries and a touch of a chemy fuel thing that I have noticed with other BH line. Nose wise its a pleasant smell with a touch of sweetness and a mild skunky floral odor. In a joint, the burn is nice and even with the chemy fuel tinge burning the nostrils on the exhale. The smoke is full and agreeable with the the berry flavor playing a major role. The smoke has no spiciness to it and does reveal a bit of a hash note that lends to the a full satisfying flavor. The effect comes on slower than her sister and is full bodied as well. This feels like Im smoking a broad leaf hybrid with a stoney heavy feel relative to not only her sister crossed to the BH but to the other congos I smoked crossed to the Jack. The high is of good quality and has very good longevity but personally is just too stoney for me and not what I need in my collection at the moment. I did dust this plant with a Congo x BH male for f2s and made about some 36 seeds from two lower branches. I am currently running this again to verify that its the plant and not my poor skill giving me these results. If the result is the same she is out.

C1 smoke: This plant is a mix of both parants but more of the congo than the BH. There is a floral berry smell on the flower but it does not translate in the smoke. She has a stinky floral yet earthy sweetness and is a louder smell than the C2. The crushed flower releases a kushy almost fuely smell along with the floral and berry notes. In the joint the those flavors change and the draw gives a mouthful of soft cedar or sandalwood type incense note with a sweet flower petal and a long but soft hash flavor. A very layered and complex smoke compared to the C2 with a touch of spice. The C1 flavors are already starting to change for the better as she cures. The effect is quick to reach you and you feel it rushing towards you. feels like the train whistle you hear in the distance that quickly becomes louder signally an oncoming train. Seriously, after a couple hits this thing is on you! The effect is euphoric, heady, and strong. The head rush is followed by a mind warp that makes you forget absolutely anything you are currently doing. I have found myself walking into a room and not remembering why I walked in or what Im actually doing there. This is not focus on work weed. This is forget all your worries, feel great weed. Its not as irie feeling as the congo x jack I coveted for so long but lost, but its damn close. The mental high jinx last about an hour from about .5grams and then smooths out with a noticeable pulsing sensation all over but especially my legs. A calming effect (in moderate quantity) that is devoid of the stoney heavy nature her sister brings to the table. Last weekend, I purposely hadnt smoked for 3 days before going on a C1 bender over the weekend. I smoke 1 gram in one sitting and was toasted. I was left wandering in my head unable to accomplish anything I had set out to do that day but man was I happy...really good stuff. No smoking fatigue either...smoked all day and continued to get high with every session. I made seeds from this plant as well and from two lower branches I made about 100 plus seeds. This plant will be flowered again for sure and it's f2 progeny will be the first I explore.

The C1 on the left and the C2 on the right

C1 winner of the two.

C2 Congolese ambien

F2 seeds from just one branch of the C1...total over 100.

Last edited:

Jahaze

subiendo el humo
Veteran
Chunky Monkey x C99

Chunky Monkey x C99

So back in October I mentioned that of the three seeds that sprouted all were males. As it turns out right before the chop, the smallest weakest plant proved to be female. I decided to run her even though she was a sickly looking plant. Well, she survived and made it to flower. She was not a vigorous vegging plant and in flower she hasn't wowed me with flower production or growth. To be fair, thinking her to be male initially, I really didn't give her any care and she was relegated to the rear of the veg room where misfits and discarded plants live before their ultimate demise. The plant was slow to flower and there was some stretch but again not impressive. Leaf formation was strange even in veg and during flower where she was given a nutrient rich environment. The flower set is golf ball sized and site formation is ok with decent coverage so not a total wash. I really dont know what to expect from the smoke or effect but I will be sure to post my opinion once I've sampled her. The smell is a nice sweet almost candied fruity smell with predominant pineapple and grapefruit nose. No grape, no spice and not earthy. There is a chemy almost plastic type smell that appear if i touch the flower and rub my fingers. Smell wise it is a nice inoffensive smell.

Latest posts

Latest posts