What's new

Child Taken, Parents arrested BEFORE they figure out if a Medical Rec is real.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
were they shining their hps light on the child? did they have a ballast under the kid's crib? I mean what coul it possibly be?

The plant was in the babies ROOM!

This isn't about rights, it's about gross stupidity above and beyond the call of duty.

Argue with a Hummer about your rights and you'll get squashed flatter than a pancake. Argue rights with an enraged bull and you'll get gored to death. Argue your right to grow in a babies room with a cop, you're going to jail for a long, long time.

In all instances, the rights were yours and in every instance YOU lose! Every time.

There are easier ways to get busted. Just throw an oz of heroin into a cops face while pissing on his car. Bingo, you're in jail. In the meantime, your baby, wife, home and plants are safe.

J

JackTheGrower

The plant was in the babies ROOM!

This isn't about rights, it's about gross stupidity above and beyond the call of duty.

Argue with a Hummer about your rights and you'll get squashed flatter than a pancake. Argue rights with an enraged bull and you'll get gored to death. Argue your right to grow in a babies room with a cop, you're going to jail for a long, long time.

In all instances, the rights were yours and in every instance YOU lose! Every time.

There are easier ways to get busted. Just throw an oz of heroin into a cops face while pissing on his car. Bingo, you're in jail. In the meantime, your baby, wife, home and plants are safe.

I'm confused.. So you are saying Cannabis is dangerous itself?

Also it looks like you are afraid.

We have to be free. In America we are supposed to have the right to change our laws.

I don't know if they were setting plants in the sun in the bedroom that wasn't exposed to the front window or not. Maybe they set them in there to get some sun?

Did you watch the news clip?

FreezerBoy

Veteran
Cannabis? Dangerous? Only if you get caught and especially if you get caught growing it in a babies room.

Being free means having the right to choose. I choose not to be too stupid to live. That's why I grow inside in a locked freezer instead of the front yard under a neon sign. It's not about fear, it's about being smarter than a rock.

You have the right to douse yourself in gasoline while running a lit match over your body but, you can't act surprised when you burst into flame and you sure as hell can't ask for sympathy.

There's a time and place for everything. The time and place to change laws is the voting booth, not growing weed in the babies room.

J

JackTheGrower

imo...the really frightening thing here is not necessarily the cannabis involvement,
even though that is what the incident is touted as being about...but rather the
far ranging legal ramifications of the Governments effort at control of your child
and through your child into the control of you in your home.
et al...should they be successful in their attempt to mandate what is or is not allowed
to be around your child, it is very possible that ANY and ALL medications, or
recreational foods or beverages, including cannabis could be construed as being
'detrimental' to a childs health, education, or welfare...ie...the best interest of the
child, as stated by DFC. Should this be allowed, it is very probable that as a natural
or adoptive parent that you could find yourself under intense scrutiny such as
cameras in your home to monitor your behavior around said children AND such
items as having to take a test each time period to PROVE that you are a fit parent,
such items as weekly drug testing for the parents and children, mandated guidelines
on how to keep or run a home with a child involved.
One school of thought is such that in a Eugenics sense, this is the beginning of an effort
to illustrate by mandate just how much serious 'trouble' children are and how they
'overpopulate' our world. ie: a propoganda method aimed at reducing the birth rate.
Far fetched? not necessarily so when you consider the recent revelations of the USA
science czar Holdren as only one example of advocating mandated population
control through eugenics and possibly forced abortions, or chemicals in your food
and water to render all persons sterile.
Meanwhile, back to topic....
Should 'they' be successful in this attempt to outlaw and mandate 'what is' and
'what is not' allowed around children...then your beer, booze, pills, prescription meds,
cannabis, listed schedule drugs, or almost anything 'THEY' deem to be improper, would
be mandated in their favor...not yours.
After all, we all know 'THEY' know better than we do how to run our own lives, right?

I'm right with you as well.. It's a possible loop hole however, a little investigation provided me examples of serious grow ops with kids in the room for real. Like 100 plants and a crib.

Still nothing has moved in the news on this story.. maybe it's Thanksgiving and these guys get more holiday pay than one day off that most poor working class people get and they will be back in the office next week. maybe it's already so blown up and exaggerated that there is no more spin it can handle.

I cannot go with forbidding plants in a house with kids as a rule.

So I wish I knew what the details were.. I might be right there lending a foot to ass.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
So I wish I knew what the details were.. I might be right there lending a foot to ass.

That is where I am at the moment also--
Can't really condemn blindly...but I will also add that li'l things like spider mites and PM around my kid could cause call for alarm--
I don't believe in hiding things from my kids...but I don't think I would ever go so far as to have a grow in their room...at least not the ones that are minors!!
But I would be flipping out, if I lost my kid, for ANY reason!!

FreezerBoy

Veteran
I cannot go with forbidding plants in a house with kids as a rule.

No one's discussing growing in the same house. They grew in the BABIES ROOM! That kind of stupidity deserves a reward and they got the reward they begged for. The proper response here is overwhelming happiness. They got exactly what they asked for. It's Christmas a month early. I'd be happy for you if you got what you worked so terribly hard to achieve. Why not them?

B

Blue Dot

Video

http://www.icmag.com/viewarticle.php?articleid=790

The "grow room and smoking + rolling" is archival footage.. No doubt many will see that and think that two bed room apartment contained all that.

Also the last statement/question the reporter asks/makes has nothing to do with the statement the "shadowman" is saying. Listen careful.

When I slow down and think about it that is a piece of yellow journalism. The visuals suggesting one thing and even the reporter misleads us with the last interview.

If one isn't watching that they will think that grow-room is the baby's bedroom

Jack, I finally got around to watching the video.

Seemed like a very responsible piece of journalism to me with no factual errors.

not sure what the hell you are talking about?

anyway, i present the idiots of the year award to:

picture.php

zenoonez

Veteran
well i think thats just retarded^^^i agree with most of your post tho...in my view there needs to be compromise...why would it waste tax money when the grower would be paying for the certification and inspections? would you not capitulate on this at all?

It is a waste of money to require growers to get some sort of certification to grow something for self consumption. If you are growing for others then you should have to fill out the same paperwork that a farmer would which really isn't very much paperwork at all. I am just not in favor of creating more government to do something so trivial. If I want to set up a hobby train room I don't see any purpose in having the government provide me a certification for that. It could just as easily create an electrical fire as an indoor grow. If a person wants to pay someone to advise them on how to grow pot then hey, there is a private sector market there, if not, then why should the government do it?

zenoonez

Veteran
No one's discussing growing in the same house. They grew in the BABIES ROOM! That kind of stupidity deserves a reward and they got the reward they begged for. The proper response here is overwhelming happiness. They got exactly what they asked for. It's Christmas a month early. I'd be happy for you if you got what you worked so terribly hard to achieve. Why not them?

So people who make mistakes deserve to be arrested and have their children taken away? We don't even know if the kid was in any danger and you want to string them up or something? You can argue all you want that the point that you are making is that growing in a babies room is asking for trouble but it doesn't take away your assertion that they deserved it. You are making two arguments, they were stupid and being stupid leads people to going to jail and at the same time you are arguing that being stupid should lead you to jail. Again, I will echo Jack, until we know what sort of setup they had I don't think we can make an accurate assesment of the situation. We can throw conjecture around until the cows come home but if that kid wasn't in danger I think all this hoopla is for naught.

B

Blue Dot

So people who make mistakes deserve to be arrested and have their children taken away? We don't even know if the kid was in any danger and you want to string them up or something? You can argue all you want that the point that you are making is that growing in a babies room is asking for trouble but it doesn't take away your assertion that they deserved it. You are making two arguments, they were stupid and being stupid leads people to going to jail and at the same time you are arguing that being stupid should lead you to jail. Again, I will echo Jack, until we know what sort of setup they had I don't think we can make an accurate assesment of the situation. We can throw conjecture around until the cows come home but if that kid wasn't in danger I think all this hoopla is for naught.

Being stupid a lot of times leads to jail.

Drink and drive = stupid= jail.

If your are going to have kids the law says you need to be responsible (read not stupid), otherwise face the consequences of the law.

A

Amstel Light

It is a waste of money to require growers to get some sort of certification to grow something for self consumption. If I want to set up a hobby train room I don't see any purpose in having the government provide me a certification for that. It could just as easily create an electrical fire as an indoor grow.

so a 1k hps and all the electrical equipment required to keep it cool (essentialy keep it from starting a fire) is equal to a hobby train set????
I can't believe how many are trying to defend the uber-stupid?!!!

and yes obviously there is a need for certification/regulation (at least a 1-2 hour class in electrical safety ) and this story is proof positve of that...do you know what class fire extinguisher is required for an electrical fire? You might (starting to have my doubts about you) but i would bet dollars to donuts that these 2 did not...

I guess the guy growing (commercial dont remeber the wattage) in the same building as a daycare he and his family owned and operated did not need to be regulated either?

i dont know what is in the water these days, but from people saying they want weed to stay ilegal to retain thier bottom line, to this shit has me wondering a lot lately.....

J

JackTheGrower

Cannabis? Dangerous? Only if you get caught and especially if you get caught growing it in a babies room.

Being free means having the right to choose. I choose not to be too stupid to live. That's why I grow inside in a locked freezer instead of the front yard under a neon sign. It's not about fear, it's about being smarter than a rock.

You have the right to douse yourself in gasoline while running a lit match over your body but, you can't act surprised when you burst into flame and you sure as hell can't ask for sympathy.

There's a time and place for everything. The time and place to change laws is the voting booth, not growing weed in the babies room.

I understand your point. It is similar to the first impression I had.

What's missing is the details..

FreezerBoy

Veteran
You can argue all you want that the point that you are making is that growing in a babies room is asking for trouble but it doesn't take away your assertion that they deserved it. You are making two arguments, they were stupid and being stupid leads people to going to jail and at the same time you are arguing that being stupid should lead you to jail.

If I jump off a building should I not fall? I knew what would happen. I rode the elevator on purpose. Would I not deserve the landing? Is there no room for personal responsibility in your world?

To deserve is to be owed something in return for hard work or merit and these people worked damn hard.

J

JackTheGrower

Jack, I finally got around to watching the video.

Seemed like a very responsible piece of journalism to me with no factual errors.

not sure what the hell you are talking about?

anyway, i present the idiots of the year award to:

picture.php

What the Shadow man says..

J

JackTheGrower

Actually that's exactly what is at stake. My point of we don't know the details is valid also.

Would it be a huge thing if it were beer cups with seedlings in a tray under the window? That is hardly a grow IMO.

These guys don't sound like experienced growers.. What a 2 bedroom apartment? 24 plants?

Again where are the details..

If it can be determined that if a child is in the house where cannabis is grown.. be it is locked up or not ( cannabis ) it is a danger to that child.. Well that would be something now wouldn't it..

I also pointed out earlier that a little child probably sleeps with Mom.. so they may have not used that room for sleeping..

Again we don't know..

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The potential for spider mites, powdery mildew. Nah, I wouldn't want my one year old sleeping around that. Would you leave your one year old in a greenhouse? I dunno? I can't have kids because of a bone marrow transplant, but that's not something I would think I would do. Put the kid in your room with you and lock the door for the growroom if you are going to do it. Separate 'em. Not that hard. Definitely amateur hour.