What's new

CHEESEYS CARP CORNER

C

cheesey

CARPERS AND CATFISHERMEN ONLY PLEASE NO NODDYS 3" SILVER FISH DONT DO IT FOR ME SORRY .

Hey uk carpers i thought i would make a thread for all of use to share info on rigs,bait, and top places to go fishing over the uk and the eu .

2012 is nearly here and ive been looking for a Syndicate or two to join
Ive got my name down on 3 and hope i get in to the first 1 on my list the other 2 are just back up .
I realy wanted to join Acton Burnell in shropshire but nun of my buddies are willing to part with the £1200 a year fee due to the silly rules on the late .
I will be fishing a handfull of day ticket waters next yr all over the uk and will be going to the ebro again 2 or 3 times .

Today i spent the morning tieing some rigs ready for next year

heres a photo of 1 of my blowback rigs

korda widegape (6) Korda's superb new N-Trap hooklink material and a korda sleve.

picture.php

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
BAIT

Clipboard0155.jpg

Used to be called Sugar Pops before sugar was a bad word. I pick out the biggest ones for fishing and eat the rest.

We make homemade dough from cooked rice, wheat germ and molasses. The wheat germ floats in the molasses cloud and the rice settles on the bottom with the bait. The rice and wheat germ take on the smell and taste of the molasses and the cloud lasts longer, attracting more fish.

C

cheesey

BAIT

Clipboard0155.jpg

Used to be called Sugar Pops before sugar was a bad word. I pick out the biggest ones for fishing and eat the rest.

We make homemade dough from cooked rice, wheat germ and molasses. The wheat germ floats in the molasses cloud and the rice settles on the bottom with the bait. The rice and wheat germ take on the smell and taste of the molasses and the cloud lasts longer, attracting more fish.

ive used cereal before when fishing for carp on the top i used sugar puffs , put 4 or 5 on a long hair .

C

cheesey

Im going to get new rods in the new yr as the new waters i will be fishing are alot bigger than i normaly fish so i will be casting bigger pva bags and sticks .

Not sure what rods to go for yet most likey i will get centurys .

atm i have century fatboy slims 2& 3/4 tc they are very light action rods great for pools under 4 acres .

my reels are daiwa infinity 5000 brs and alarms are delkims txi

heres a photo from when i was at a old pool back in the summer .

picture.php

I only managed to land the one carp over the 72h fished

picture.php

C

cheesey

nice man, my hol family are fishmen, ill dig out some photos. of the biggest catfish caught in spain and france and holland by my dad and brothers. and some uk carp, i hold the record for the biggest breem in the uk. 13.4 pound. in anglers male caught 9 years ago. but not kept up with new recrds for years.

ive had bream to 16 lb over the past yrs the uk record now stands at 22lb 9oz that was in 2009 . I cant stand bream tbh they are a waste of time like reeling in a dustbin lid lol .

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
nice thread mate al be starting up again real soon hopefully next spring

top of my list would be wellington mate but thats £1500 yr lol or cemex gold pass

your spoilt for choice down your way mate theres not much on offer here in terms of quality venues

there are some syndicates here but its stupid you gotta know someone to get one lol
no advertising or anything lol

julian cundiff got banned from a secret private water here for breaking the rules as he talked about the venue in one of his articles lol

peace

H

Hoover_lungz

Cheesey hopefully i can make it to your fishing trip in Spain:)

Gotta catch up with sum old friends in Spain aswell, i just got there address lol

C

cheesey

Nice set up Cheesey, i see your a tart lol!:tiphat:

haha . only the best for me . just got a viper xrange baitboat and FC 500 fishfinder for the new lake i have joined . u can only fish 1 side of the lake and its a good 260 meters to the other bank were most of the carp come out . .

also got some new rods being made for me from century got 3 NGs 3.5 tc with 50mm butt rings and full ss real seats for when i move to spain this summer for a month or two .

going to test the boat in the next cpl of days i will take a cpl of pics .

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh Cheesy, good buddy, long lost friend, remember the time when I saved your life (no not really)...isn't that a good line to get me guided by you? Don't cha feel sorry for the Ol Doobster? Damn I'm jeleous..you make me wanna go fishing right now. Those things are so good eating....I'm gonna dream carp for the rest of the day...thank you...DD

C

cheesey

2012 is going to be an expensive year for your hobby lol :)

it is indeed lol . the boat n fish finder cost £960 with a free solar panel to charge it .

the new rods set me back £389 each .

C

cheesey

just got back from testing the bait boat and fishfinder .

heres a cpl of photos

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

schwilly

wow, had no idea anything like that existed^^^ How do you view the fishfinder? You have a wireless display on shore?

are you guys all UK? Do you have crawdads over there? When I used to fish carp seriously it always began with collecting a few dozen of them. Old wise carp will learn to avoid most doughball in my experience.

C

cheesey

wow, had no idea anything like that existed^^^ How do you view the fishfinder? You have a wireless display on shore?

are you guys all UK? Do you have crawdads over there? When I used to fish carp seriously it always began with collecting a few dozen of them. Old wise carp will learn to avoid most doughball in my experience.

yes willy the fishfinder has a screen and works 300 meters away from the boat .

heres a vid of it being used ,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmKlBKSyaJI

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
nic bit of kit mate should help getting to the other side for sure

i just hate it when i see folk using bait boats when i could cast to the other bank clipped up with ease and accuracy

i have seen people using them on ponds smaller than a football pitch and you can fish all the way round it lol,that just winds me up

theres a massive gravel pit 100+ acres near me with some massive carp in there but targetting them is allmost impossible and i wouldnt be able to cast to them either so a bait boat would be handy,i ve only seen the carp 3 times in two locations of the pit in more than 10 years and thats walking the dog 3 times a week

catching the big black mirror would be a dream come true for me its clearly over 50+lb

enjoy your trip mate

peace

C

cheesey

nic bit of kit mate should help getting to the other side for sure

i just hate it when i see folk using bait boats when i could cast to the other bank clipped up with ease and accuracy

i have seen people using them on ponds smaller than a football pitch and you can fish all the way round it lol,that just winds me up

theres a massive gravel pit 100+ acres near me with some massive carp in there but targetting them is allmost impossible and i wouldnt be able to cast to them either so a bait boat would be handy,i ve only seen the carp 3 times in two locations of the pit in more than 10 years and thats walking the dog 3 times a week

catching the big black mirror would be a dream come true for me its clearly over 50+lb

enjoy your trip mate

peace

ive seen dicks use boats like what u say lol its funny . it will come in very handy for when i fish the new lake . the far bank is tree and bush lined so with the boat i will put my bait right in deep .
im going to the lake tomo for a look around and meet the main baylif aND pay my membership