What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cheeseberry Haze Grow

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

idoreallytry

hey Jamie try this put your hand at your canopy top hold it thier for a minute if it is too hot for your skin its too hot for them,, just my opinion,,,i run a 430, i have never had a 600,,, but my 430 stays within 12 to 14 inches, and on colder nights even closer with a good fan blowing over canopy and clip fan on reflector blowing on bulb,,,, does your light have a lens?, i looked back thru and guess i never saw a pic too see,,,well i am no expert but give it a try see what you think or go to 600 watt club forum and ask thier opinion over there,,,hope you get er all figured out,,, btw like i said i am no expert this is just things I go by,,,,by all means look into my advice b4 doing it see what the concensus says,,,well have a good one,,,peace

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
thanks for the advice mate, I'm gonna try "inching" it closer this week and see what happens :smile:

ok here's some pics.. first the ones which show the issues I have. The PP have this leaf curl thing going on and my K2 has a bad calcium deficiency (which I'm treating gently)

Attachments

• PP curl issue. garden 16.04.09.JPG
    PP curl issue. garden 16.04.09.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 21
  • K2 cal def and scroglett2. garden 16.04.09.jpg
    K2 cal def and scroglett2. garden 16.04.09.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 14
  • K2 cal def and scroglett. garden 16.04.09.jpg
    K2 cal def and scroglett. garden 16.04.09.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 16
  • top shot garden 16.04.09.jpg
    top shot garden 16.04.09.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 20

JamieShoes

Veteran
here's some happier pics :smile:

Day 34 of 12/12

Attachments

• PP close up garden 16.04.09.jpg
    PP close up garden 16.04.09.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 14
  • PP close up2 garden 16.04.09.jpg
    PP close up2 garden 16.04.09.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 18
  • cheeseberry. garden 16.04.09.jpg
    cheeseberry. garden 16.04.09.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 16
  • lights on. garden 16.04.09.jpg
    lights on. garden 16.04.09.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 17
I

idoreallytry

everything will all come to you man,,,i learn everyday still from the great people on here,,,another thing do you use RO water?,,,i know some people swear by it and too each his own i know some places it is just impossible to use the tapwater and sediment filters are expensive, so people just have to use it, and like i said before this is just my opinion and i know opinions are like assholes right? lol,,, a more experienced grower with RO probly has a good knowledge of how to use it,,,, but I had more problems with RO than when i learned i could use my tapwater,,,it is 140-170ppm and 7.7-8.1ph out of tap,,, i use no cal mag unless they need it, and that has been once and i flushed too much by accident on a couple plants, when i add my nutes it pretty much goes to 6.4 on ph and i never go above 1000 ppms,,,
when i was using RO and distilled water i always had deficiencies,,,, go back and look at my journal of grows completed and see when i switched to tapwater and see the difference from then water to now,,,peace

Last edited:

JamieShoes

Veteran
early on I was using rain water as I didnt have a pH pen for a week or two and at that time I DID have cal mag defs... since switching back to pH'd tap water though I havent seen much until just recently when those orange spots appeared on my k2

I've also since found out that I was underfeeding her as I hadnt converted a dose properly and missed a decimal place... DOH so its 5ml per liter and not 0.5.. meh.. I'd same I'm bothered... but I'm not.. I'm still learning everyday as you say mate.. and it doesnt look untreatable... a good dinner would probably go a long way to fixing it right? .. I started them on 2ml of the stuff thats to be at 5ml and will work up to the 5ml by next week.... just in time to stop feeding them...durrr....lol you live n learn eh mate :wink:

j :smile:

neongreen

Veteran
Interesting colors Jamie. Looks like you have some variegated leaves there (not a problem, but looks cool).

I think they are showing slight signs of over-fertilization (the leaf curl). Hard to tell though. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

I

idoreallytry

i can't even tell you how many times i have doen that or mixed everything up checked the ppm but never checked the ph and just throw it in, or check the ph but not the ppm, so many blunders so lil time bro,,,peace

I agree with Neon maybe a lil too much,,, check infirmary rams horn, leaf curl usually means just that,,,before my buddy pete from CH9 seeds helped me out i have been using KISS method and all is great now,,,peace

JamieShoes

Veteran
I'm inclined to agree... its over ferting... I just checked my run off, it's at 2.5 and should be more like 2.15... 2 or 3 days straight water then :smile:

NB, these are coco plants showing the curling... the plants with Cal def are in soil and will continue to be fed :wink:

neongreen

Veteran
Good that we all agree on that.

I'm not so sure no food at all is the best solution. This is the stage when the buds are starting to fatten up, so it might be better to feed them at 1/2 or 1/4 of the strength you usually give them. If it had progressed further, then perhaps no feed/flushing would be the way to go.

Again, I'd wait till someone with more experience can confirm which would be the best course of action.

Marick23

Hey jamie I have my 600 about 9 inches from the top of the my tallest cola. I just do the hand test and the raise it an inch just to be safe.

JamieShoes

Veteran
ok dropped the 250w to within 15 inches and the 600w to within 22 inches... will drop it an inch or two more tomorrow if I dont see any adverse effects...slowly slowly don't burny monkey :smile:

I do the hand test. it never feels uncomfortable although I can feel heat (obviously I guess).. so thats ok right?

JamieShoes

Veteran
not aircooled mate.. so going in gently...til it hurts...lol (joke) :smile:

edit - cuz see, I always thought they should be around 18 inches from the canopy and I always had that in my mind as "correct" long before I started growing... but I saw this curl and attributed it to heat stress as I'd definitely heat stress them in the past...18 is what I'm aiming for... its what my old mucker Steve used to run his at... and before I started growing and hanging out here, its where I got most of the info that I have on growing :smile: (big ups Steve-oh)

neongreen

Veteran
Good idea taking it down a bit at a time to let them get used to it, as well as give you a chance to spot any ill effects. I'd take it down a few notches at first, give it two days, then one or two notches, wait 2 days, then 1 notch, and so on... ie. get more cautious as you get closer since when you get very close, one inch closer on top of that makes much more difference than if you move an inch closer from being 2 feet away.

I was also wondering about the distance to keep the light a few days ago, so I did a bit of digging, and the consensus seems to be that there is no set distance - how far you can keep them from a HID depends on the unique conditions found in every grow, ventilation, obviously playing the major role.

BTW Jamie - I think you could move those small plants/clones allot closer to the lights in the small veg box. They seem to be quite far away in the pics! (or perhaps you moved them for the pics?) they should be close to touching... 3 inches away at most IMO, even for the clones while they are rooting.

Some pics from previous grows...

Early veg, and they look more like pics of plants that are under HIDs :joint:

My first grow used fluorescents all the way through :wink:

The pics are not that good, but basically the plants were right up against the lights, and even touching them/growing in between, although with the bigger tubes (this was a bank of 8x 5ft tubes - 480w total), I think they run slightly cooler than the energy saving lights.

ido - i guess you know what you're doing, but be careful with the upgrade from a 400w to a 600w. I managed to barbecue the entire side of a plant that was about 3ft+ tall and 2ft wide when I upgraded, and the space was a bit too small. Luckily it was just around the time I switched to 12/12, and being the vigorous plant she was, I still managed to pull around 8 ounces off her! SensiStars are tough plants :joint:

I

idoreallytry

Hey bro thanx for the advice,,,i have a 5x5x7 space flowerroom and 3x5x7 actual growing perameters,,, i have an 8000 btu or 9000 btu ac in there i am going to put my 430 and my 600 side by side to fill the 3x5x7 spot up with a whole lot of light lol,,,, the 600 will be air cooled the 430 isn't i honestly believe i could get away with no aircooled reflector but it is a decent combo pack from htg supply so i am going to get it,,and remove the lens if i am able to,,,with my ac on high i can have it 64 in there with my 430 on,,so i shold be cool,,,i am always open to suggestions thx for the advice,,,peace

jamie, hope all gets sqared away and we were able to help ya today,,,peace

JamieShoes

Veteran
you guys are always loads of help... yesterday we determined that I need to ease off on the nutes a bit and that my lamps could be a lot closer :smile:

there's no doubt that much of the success of my first grow can be attributed to the good people here :smile:

j

Status
Not open for further replies.