What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cheeseberry Haze Grow

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
Ahhh... I missed the few minutes before lights on tonight that I usually take pics in. I'll try get some better ones tomorrow... hopefull you can just about make out the odd bud :wink:

The cheeseberries are STILL without their fan and so I can't flip em just yet... hope that damn thing arrives soon though.. fingers crossed...

my veg box still continues to propagate life. The clones havent fallen over... thats good right? (lol) and the lowryder crosses I germed are starting to do their thing.

Attachments

• garden10.04.09.pp.jpg
    garden10.04.09.pp.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 15
  • garden10.04.09.cbh.jpg
    garden10.04.09.cbh.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 14
  • garden10.04.09.ML.LR2.ppclones.jpg
    garden10.04.09.ML.LR2.ppclones.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 15

neongreen

Veteran
Looks great Jamie!

How long since you took the clones now?

I find mine usually wilt after a few days, but thats normal with my method. I don't give them any water after the initial watering, which is supposed to encourage root formation.

JamieShoes

Veteran
great stuff! :smile:

As promised, some (half) decent fotos of the PP's.

I tried to take some using the close up function, but its a bit dodgy at best. Still, you can at least see how the colas are filling out..:smile:

happy growing
j

Day 30 - 12/12

Attachments

• garden.1.12.04.09.jpg
    garden.1.12.04.09.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 16
  • garden.2.12.04.09.jpg
    garden.2.12.04.09.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 14
  • garden.3.12.04.09.jpg
    garden.3.12.04.09.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 15
  • garden.4.12.04.09.jpg
    garden.4.12.04.09.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 15

neongreen

Veteran
Almost half way through flower. They'll be cut and dried before you know it ;)

Regarding the close-up function on your camera. The trick to getting good shots here is setting your focus to "manual" mode. Auto focus tends to be much less accurate in macro-mode. Ideally, use a tripod, and the self-timer, or you'll move during the shot, and your subject will go out of focus and/or suffer from motion blur. If you have no tripod, try and use a solid object to lean on/steady the camera during the shot.

cfunk

WL Harvested!
Such budaments!

Starting to look real frosty, you have me jealous JS!!

Can't wait until mine start showing, nevermind look this good!!

:)

jamrockjay

Those PP's look like they frosting up nicely and fattening up sweet shooey

How are the clones? They should be well rooted by now m8

Have u sorted out the mite situation?

Has that bloody arrived yet? lol

My eldest was so happy on sunday hearing her name on the radio :respect: Great set again m8, i will be tuned in next week for sure m8

JamieShoes

Veteran
thanks for the encouragement all :smile:

Glad you havent zapped yourself with the mains High Low, did you manage to dig out your old fan? Blokker has some good cheap quiet desktop ones (10 euros) if you get stuck. Anyway, good to see you mate.

I'll try that later/tomorrow, Neon. I need to get some new pics then anways. me and my mate picked up a digiscope too so maybe I'll get some close ups with that too :smile:

CFunk, your ladies will be producing the funk soon enough my friend..infact I bet by the time you read this, they're already giving you a sign ..if not, don't worry mate, it can still take a little while longer... if by next week they still arent showing at all, yuo might want to reconsider using your HPS ..

Hey Jay, Tell your little lady it's no trouble at all mate. I'm happy to oblige. Still no fan, though I've kinda stopped caring about it (it's been doing my head in). I've given up on the guy I ordered it from, and will buy another fan when money allows (probably in the next 2 weeks). In the meantime the Cheeseberries continue to veg. Now on about day 65/70 I think. The clones all seem to be doing well. Some definitely have rooted. incredably, I think maybe all of them have. Now I really wasnt expecting them to all survive and so I ordered 10 more PP clones for the next scrog run.... I now have some 22 clones for the next run and only one flower area - there should be 2 but the 2nd is currently housing 8 full grown cheeseberries in veg... ahh I'll think of something... first run of PP's should be out in about 3 weeks, there'll be more room then.

In the meantime, here's the state of my little veg box. I also have 4 clones upstair, vegging in the other tent.

Attachments

• vegbox.15.04.09.JPG
    vegbox.15.04.09.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 14
Beautiful Bud Jungle you've got going on Jamie! I haven't checked in awhile, but wow you've been busy! Lookin' good bud, keep up the great work!

--
TB4U

JamieShoes

Veteran
thanks you.. I'm just trying to keep a good thing going :smile:

so, I'm wondering if my lamp should be closer (600w HPS). After all the trouble I had previously, I've been keeping it at 26 inches from closest tip. Now as I move into the last 3 weeks of flower, I see other buds (BUD ENVY!) of similar ages in other grows and mine look a bit skinny.

Should I be trying to move my lamp closer? - please see the attached pic. I've always taken this to be heat stress...

How close is yours?

JamieShoes

Veteran
heres an extra post as "edit" doesnt work with pics..doh :wink:

Attachments

• garden.1.12.04.09.curl.jpg
    garden.1.12.04.09.curl.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 16

neongreen

Veteran
Hey Jamie - sounds like a neat gadget. If you have trouble getting good shots with it indoors, try taking a small sample of bud outside (cloudy but bright works best), and take some shots there.

neongreen

Veteran
If it's heat stress, you'll see it at the tips of the buds closest to the lights. I don't think that's heat stress. More likely it's just the plant's naturally relocating N from their leaves to the buds. You don't want to be replacing that N since high N in your plants later on makes the smoke harsh, so just let it happen.

I'd lower your lights so that the buds are at the optimal distance. If you can feel heat from the light on the back of your hand, then that's still too close.

How are your bud tips looking? healthy?

JamieShoes

Veteran
bud tips look perfectly healthy mate... the curling and one yellow half one green half leaf thing has been happening for a long time, but it's never concerned me as growth has been fine and all new growth always looking healthy... lately though, I'm noticing it a bit more (this last week) maybe thats naturel at day 30+ - I was told to expect a cal/mag def and I though N def came later... if that's all it is though, I'll let it go :smile:

thanks
j

neongreen

Veteran
I think that's all it is, but it might be worth waiting for a second opinion.

If you can get some closeups of affected areas, that might help in determining what if anything is wrong. It's probably better to be safe than sorry, this late on in the grow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts