What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cheeseberry Haze Grow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marick23

I was crapping myself for a second there. As soon as I went in there I noticed tiny little strings coming off some of the leaves. Fortunately after closer inspection They were just fibers from one of the filters from the intake. Sorry to hear about the borg bro. How are you going to treat them? Is Pyrethrum a spray application?

The good news is you noticed it now. Another week or 2 and your options would have severly limited.

Last edited:

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
mites indeed mate... ladybugs... theres a thought, I could go hunting over the weekend... something nice to do with my little girl :smile:

the stuff I'm going to buy is a spray, yes mate ...the info says its for fruits vegatbles and herbs ... and to stop using 2 days before harvest... I hope I'm ok using it at this early stage (based on that)

glad you didnt find anything nasty.. but a little lol at the "eek" moment :wink:

babelfish struggled - but you get the idea..

Legal use regulation It is permitted exclusively the use as insectenbestrijdingsmiddel in houtig fruit, strawberry, booklets and fruit vegetables, pod fruit, cabbage plants, turnips, carrot, stalks and stem vegetables, onions and onion washed and sierplanten in the garden, as well as houseplants.

Marick23

mites indeed mate... ladybugs... theres a thought, I could go hunting over the weekend... something nice to do with my little girl :smile:

Heh I bought some a couple weeks.. It was great! My daughter flipped over em. It was worth it for that alone. They didn't live very long though. I just took it as a good sign there wasn't any food. I Know at least a hundred died in the light.

JamieShoes

Veteran
if its 100's I need it might be a long weekend... not sure if I know where to buy lady bugs round these parts... for some reason I find the idea hilarious (I'm smoking haze and quite drunk though) :wink:

JamieShoes

Veteran
so I got an idea for a new tv show

I basically challenge all you with spider mite to a battle ... MITE FIGHT... c'mon whaddya say.. it'll be better than robot wars... :woohoo:

ok, I realy am high :smile:

Marick23

Mine are the little ones that look like spiders. (i'm high too)

Hey Jamie I was thinking of putting together a thread for new growers. Not a how to grow thread but a how to learn to grow thread. Just a set of general guidelines. Of where, what, how to find it, and a vague general idea of what to study. Thought it would be a nice way to give back to ICMag. Couple of us new guys that are just starting, and doing well. put something together compare notes and combine the collective works into an extremely helpful tool. Admittedly this could be a random this is pretty good smoke thought. Let me know what you think.

JamieShoes

Veteran
it sounds awesome - the newbies ultimate resource ...

there are threads I swear by - understanding air flow, basic electrics, sick plant guide.. all that good stuff...

I'll be more than happy to contribute with whatever I can - ie, where to find the info that helped me when it counted :smile:

Hey Marick that is a perfect idea. And you couldnt have picked a better newbie to help you out. This guy has really helped me BIG time & again & again &......well you get the point. But seriously thats a cool idea. I would read it ever day, even if nothing new was posted.

neongreen

Veteran
Hey Jamie - sorry to hear about the mites. Everyone gets them sooner or later. IMO prevention is better than cure. If you do manage to get rid of them, find yourself some neem or something like that, which makes the plant less palatable for them in the first place, and spray your plants with it every couple of weeks. It might also be a good idea to hit them with some neem now too, hopefully killing any stragglers that the Pyrethrum misses.

If they are in your canopy then you probably won't be able to get to every leaf, in which case it's more a matter of managing the problem rather than eliminating it. Learn about the mites life cycle as much as you can, and how temps/humidity/etc affect them, then make their life hell ;)

There are also predator mites that feed on spider mites which might be worth trying once the Pyrethrum wears off. You should be able to find fairly easily. They did not work for me, but they might work better in your environment.

Good luck!

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hope you can get rid of your critters, js.

May I suggest SPINOSAD
It is the only thing that I know of that works a treat.
(I won't spray anything else at all on buds)

I

idoreallytry

never had them knock on wood hope i never do,,, good luck getting rid of the bastards,,,peace

JamieShoes

Veteran
thanks for all the kind words and support folks :smile:

The story so far.

I hit them hard (twice) with the nasty Pyrethrum (sheesh that stuff stinks and it should not be mucked about with). When I did the spray down I used loads of crushed ice in the water, as I'm told they hate it and die on contact. Then I ran humidity at 85% for about 8-10hours... when I looked again, there wasn't much to be see (although there werent that many to start, see below). all the leaves were clean of eggs and only the odd one was still crawling about. I'm told the nasty P can take a few days to finish doing its work (I thik I read it right that its an organism) so I'll keep checking. Anythig thats still there in a few days will get slapped with phaze 2 of operation "shockin' aw" at which point I'll be using some of the products mentioned above based on which I can find here in nl :smile:

Now I know NO mites is the objective, but how bad is 1 mite every 4th or 5th leaf? At the peak of the "infestation" I saw maybe 3 to 5 on a leaf and found them on every other leaf...I'm calling it an infestation but am I just being new and excitable and really have a minor visitation?

cheers all
j :smile:

swampy_nz

looks like we both got hit by the borg around the same time.i nuked mine hard with a mite spray and plucked and badly infested leaves.they seem under control,and since im harvesting in a week i should be fine.hit em hard now bro,you still got a while to go.good luck.
girls are looking good.i gotta do me a scrog.:joint:

neongreen

Veteran
Now I know NO mites is the objective, but how bad is 1 mite every 4th or 5th leaf? At the peak of the "infestation" I saw maybe 3 to 5 on a leaf and found them on every other leaf...I'm calling it an infestation but am I just being new and excitable and really have a minor visitation?

Jamie, no. Having any mites is a serious problem. If you miss just one mite/egg, they will come back.

Last time I had them, I had 4 medium sized plants (3-4 feet tall). I took them to the bath, and carefully sprayed every leaf (especially the under side). It took me a good couple of hours. That got most of them, but a few weeks later they were back, and I could not get rid of them because I was in early flower by that time.

If they get in the buds during flowering, they are impossible to get rid of by spraying since there are so many nooks and crannies for them to hide themselves in.

If I were you, I'd hit them again in a week (give your plants a chance to recover), even if you can't find a single mite. I think you have to assume that they are entrenched now, and just try to minimize the numbers as much as possible.

Don't underestimate them - they are not called "the borg" for nothing!

Hope you manage to get them more or less under control mate.

JamieShoes

Veteran
thanks, neon. noted mate.. I shall continue to panic as appropriate :wink:

as I dont want to go too mad with the nasty chems, I'm going to try tobacco and pepper spray in a few days... I'm taking no prisoners :smile:

S

Seismic

Sorry to hear about the mites Jamie. I had a buddy who had them pretty bad during the latter half of flowering, and he had pretty good success dumping a bunch of lady bugs from the hardware store into his grow room. All the best man, hope everything works out for you. :joint:

neongreen

Veteran
Watch out with even the tobacco. Although it's organic, your plants will still feel it. Mine reacted quite badly to it when I tried it, and I remember quite a few leaves dropped because of it.

If it was me in your shoes, I'd skip the tobacco and go with something else instead. I'd recommend "Biobiz Buzzoff" (neem is probably just as good if not better though - but I have never managed to get hold of any).

IMO it's just as effective as tobacco on it's own, but plants actually like the Buzzoff and don't react badly to it. It's 100% organic/safe - I also like to avoid any man made chemicals!

JamieShoes

Veteran
thanks Seismic... I've been looking everywhere for someone stocking ladybugs (cuz I like them and they don't make myskin crawl..lol) but to no avail... What I have found is "grass flies" (lol @ the irony) and so I got some on order..

someone advised me to pick a regime and do it properly. well Im picking 3 or 4... and doing them all properly :wink:

thanks for the tip Neon G. I'll see if I can source that before using the ol baccy juice :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts