What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cheap, High Quality, Huge line up....Did i say Cheap?

funkymonkey

The problem with Fartman's recipes is they are full of errors, I mix my own nutes from raw salts and his recipes were off compared to what info I get from Nutron 2000 software, that is why he was banned, his chemistry and his maths were both a bit off and he wouldn't listen.

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
I've been growing with Jack's Classic for years. All-Purpose (20-20-20) for veg and Blossom Booster (10-30-20) for flower - very simple, easy to manage, inexpensive, and predictable. Having compared JC to several Canna-specific nutrients, I'm sticking with it. YMMV

Simon

beejium

There is a warning on forage grass for animals, is that caution only heeded when sprayed on the plants?

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
For those of you using Jack's, do you use regular tap water or RO?

The reason I ask is, if you use RO, your probably going to need a cal-mag suppliment. If you use tap that already has calcium in it, epsom salt would be a cheap supply of mag.

In a RDWC using RO water, Jack's alone wouldn't provide any cal-mag.

beejium

jacks and promix all you need. ever thing else is bs or fluff. skill is what you need

The same can be said about many nutes, look at maxi bloom\lucas and all the others. I have seen killer buds with miracle junk. If it does the trick, then go with it.

I'm curious about that warning though. I have not seen that warning on any other product before.

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
im not sure about the warning, but they use this at the local greenhouses that sell their product to super markets, so if its safe to use on food, it should be safe to use on smoking plants, i would think that they have that label there because in fields the runoff can leak into streams and rivers polluting them, in fields for livestock it would be much simpler and more effective to use manure or manure teas

as for the RO, yes i use RO water, and yes i do supplement with cal/mg, dont have a choice really, promix dont have none in it, and neither does RO water

beejium

im not sure about the warning, but they use this at the local greenhouses that sell their product to super markets, so if its safe to use on food, it should be safe to use on smoking plants, i would think that they have that label there because in fields the runoff can leak into streams and rivers polluting them, in fields for livestock it would be much simpler and more effective to use manure or manure teas

as for the RO, yes i use RO water, and yes i do supplement with cal/mg, dont have a choice really, promix dont have none in it, and neither does RO water

That helps some with the curiosity, as i cook with my plants as well. thanks!

beejium

molybendum is toxic to certain livestock

is there a toxicity to humans? nvm i think i found the answer to my question.

"Molybdenum is an essential trace mineral in human and animal nutrition. Molybdenum can be found in several tissues in the human body and is required by some enzymes in the catabolism of sulfur amino acids and purines. The average adult body contains about 9 mg of molybdenum with the highest concentrations being in the liver, kidneys, skin and bone. Molybdenum is reasonably scarce in the Earths crust, being only three times more abundant than gold.

Estimated Crustal Abundance: 1.2 milligrams per kilogram

Estimated Oceanic Abundance: 1×10-2 milligrams per liter

Molybdenum toxicity in grazing animals (ruminants) can occur when grazing on soil abundant in molybdenum but nutritionally deficient in copper. The excess molybdenum causes the excretion of copper reserves, eventually leading to copper deficiency and early death. "

http://www.molybdenumpowder.com/molybdenuminbiology.htm

C

Carl Carlson

JoeFresh and others,

Jacks and Peters both make hydroponic, totally soluble formulas.

NPK of 5-12-26 and 5-11-26 respectively.

Just add Epsom salts and greenhouse grade calcium nitrate (15-0-0 + 19% Ca) and you're good to go.

edit: here's my post from another thread

Scotts Peters Professional Hydro-Sol (5-11-26) ($40.03 - 25 lb. bag) + YaraLiva Calcium Nitrate (15.5-0-0 + 26.3% Ca) ($22.72 - 50 lb. bag) + Epsom salts (coupla bucks for a carton at CVS?)

Step 1: Dissolve 130 ounces or 8 pounds 2 ounces of Peters in 1000 gallons to obtain the following concentrations:

N (All Nitrate) - 50 ppm
P - 48 ppm
K - 216 ppm
Mg - 31 ppm
S - 125 ppm
Fe - 3 ppm
Manganese - .50 ppm
Zinc - .15 ppm
Copper - .15 ppm
Boron - .50 ppm
Molybdenum - .10 ppm

Step 2. Based on the results of a current water test, determine if additional Mg is required. An average of 50 ppm Mg in the final solution is desirable for most crops. If water test results indicate that additional Mg is required, dissolve Epsom salts. One ounce of Epsom salts dissolved in 100 gallons (10 oz./1,000 gallons) supplies 7.5 ppm Mg.

Step 3. After the Hydro-Sol and any Epsom salts needed have been dissolved in the tank, proceed as follows:
* Dissolve 86 ounces of calcium nitrate in the same 1000 gallons. Total nutrient concentration will then be: Nitrogen as N: 150 ppm N, Calcium as Ca 116 ppm Ca

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
For those of you using Jack's, do you use regular tap water or RO?

The reason I ask is, if you use RO, your probably going to need a cal-mag suppliment. If you use tap that already has calcium in it, epsom salt would be a cheap supply of mag.

In a RDWC using RO water, Jack's alone wouldn't provide any cal-mag.

Interesting point. I use tap with JC in soil. There were times when I added Epsom Salt to the veg mix, as required by a given strain, but never gave the issue much thought. Thanks for the explanation.

Simon

the gnome

Veteran
Shhhh....you'll ruin the secret...

I was just talking about this to a new grower. I can't tell the difference between Miracle Grow and A/N Sensi a/b! To a plant...food is food... That's my limited personal experience.

last year I grew about a 1/2dz outside in 2 gallon pots,
I used miracle grow potting soil and i added water crystals, for ferts I used miracle grow time released and the powdered tomato in veg and bloom buster in flowering.
they grew great,the tallest was 8 foot.
after I use up what I have now I'm going to order up
some of the jacks and give it a shot

Latest posts

Latest posts