What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cheap, High Quality, Huge line up....Did i say Cheap?

SmilinBob

No one said the information you posted was wrong, or they didn't read it, or they disagree with it. We are at home base still.. you're way out in left field. All ready jumping on the next train to make your argument feasible in your own mind.

People who recommend miracle grow recommend it because it will work.

You don't have to be the best, or have the best stuff, or use the best nutrients.

If everyone was the best there would be no competition. Whats life without a little competition in the mix. No fun, that's what.

I used miracle grow in the beginning. It works. I will never say that it doesn't.

If everyone was willing and able to use the absolute best I'm sure they would, but "the best" is a matter of opinion.

i luv luv luv luv luv my ignore list. it makes the ic so peaceful, wish more people would just use it more often n respond to petty bickering less . peace to all the humble growers.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Shhhh....you'll ruin the secret...

I was just talking about this to a new grower. I can't tell the difference between Miracle Grow and A/N Sensi a/b! To a plant...food is food... That's my limited personal experience.

when i saw buds grown with miracle grow and other commercial shit, the buds had almost no smell, smelled like plants. my harvests have been saved by using the right nutes, gives me that extra fruity flavor.

im definately interested in learning how to dial in powdered ferts though...

Bozo

Will it work? And here I thought there was a happy medium between Ya it works and the other end of insanity the AN 2 +

There is and there are many options csn -17 comes to mind along with many other quality base nute . Scotts is not a company I think of

If all you can afford is MG it will certianly grow nice plants with the proper flush and you may see a few hard to pin down micronutrient problems but the end result will be bud . Not good enough for me I am willing to invest in quality base nute I dont need to be best I just want to give them the best chance to be there best

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
To be honest I kinda agree with cannabomber

First scotts owns miracle grow there a huge company look into it .So the same folks that make jacks make miracle grow .
The fact you spent 3500 last run on AN and now are basicly suggesting a mass produced scotts product is disturbing .

Comparing sensi a-b to miracle grow is absurd.I have used both in soil and there is a big difference in yeild and taste. That said I think the 2 plus system is a waste of money. But using the cheapest mass produced you can find is also silly .

yes, scotts may own miracle grow, but thats the same as lexus/toyota, quality is the diff, reason the lexus is more expensive....

jacks pro is formulated for PRFESSIONAL GREENHOUSE APPLICATIONS ....miracle grow is for hobbyist gardeners.....and i have gotten better tasting bud with the jacks pro than with the whole AN system.

another thing......i know someone who personally uses the jacks pro for over 10 years and he has 16 lights and gets anywhere between 44 and 56 #'s, thats an average of 3 #'s per light....so i know the quality is there.

now i never said its the best, or that it is better than another fert, im only simply stating my experience and that there is a quality fert that is very cheap(3$ a lb) makes it that much more profitable to be in the biz im in.....and the reason that scotts/peters/jacks pro is soo cheap?? its one of the larger fertilizer companies in the N.america... producing specialty products like lawn fertilizer, Its garden and indoor plant care items include grass seeds, herbicides, potting soils, and related tools.

scotts produces Brand names that include Ortho, Miracle-Gro, Hyponex, and Turf Builder, among others.... scotts markets Monsanto's Roundup herbicide products for the consumer market and has a lawn and shrub care service.

G

good drown

I think putting the correct information out to others is just as good as the next guy, but the way in which you go about doing it is all wrong. Name calling, CAP TEXT, etc are all good way to make yourself look like a fool. In other words, no one is going to listen to the guy that resorts to these childish ways.

I'm not saying anything joe fresh posted is wrong. Just pointing out that how this guy goes about convincing people is all wrong.

8 posts dont help either:tiphat:

cannabomber

yes, scotts may own miracle grow, but thats the same as lexus/toyota, quality is the diff, reason the lexus is more expensive....

jacks pro is formulated for PRFESSIONAL GREENHOUSE APPLICATIONS ....miracle grow is for hobbyist gardeners.....and i have gotten better tasting bud with the jacks pro than with the whole AN system.

another thing......i know someone who personally uses the jacks pro for over 10 years and he has 16 lights and gets anywhere between 44 and 56 #'s, thats an average of 3 #'s per light....so i know the quality is there.

now i never said its the best, or that it is better than another fert, im only simply stating my experience and that there is a quality fert that is very cheap(3$ a lb) makes it that much more profitable to be in the biz im in.....and the reason that scotts/peters/jacks pro is soo cheap?? its one of the larger fertilizer companies in the N.america... producing specialty products like lawn fertilizer, Its garden and indoor plant care items include grass seeds, herbicides, potting soils, and related tools.

scotts produces Brand names that include Ortho, Miracle-Gro, Hyponex, and Turf Builder, among others.... scotts markets Monsanto's Roundup herbicide products for the consumer market and has a lawn and shrub care service.

Im going to repeat this one last time and then Im excusing myself from this retarded debate permanently.

I have explained to you from a scientific perspective why those products are inferior. The fact is that you have no understanding of plant nutrition so you are talking about how you "know" the quality is there....... I DONT GIVE A FUCK IF YOUR DOUCHEBAG FRIEND USES JACKS. HES A FUCKING RETARD TOO. IF HE PULLS 3# PER LIGHT HE COULD PULL 5 USING A PROPER NUTRIENT. You are obviously uneducated and simply cant grasp the technical points which explain why those products are inferior. You keep talking about how its commercial grade and you know it works blah blah blah. SHUT THE FUCK UP. ACCEPT IT. YOU ARE A MORON. YOU ARE ARGUING WITH SCIENCE, NOT WITH ME. IF YOU DONT WANT TO ACCEPT IT THATS FINE, YOUR THE ONE WHO LOOKS DUMB.

KEEP USING YOUR GARBAGE. I FIND IT FUNNY. LESS COMPETITION FOR ME. YOU GROW YOUR MIDGRADE NASTY SCHWAG AND SELL IT TO YOUR 15 YEAR OLD BROTHER AND HIS FRIENDS. ILL KEEP GROWING THE SHIT THAT WILL KNOCK AN OG ON HIS ASS. FUCK YOU JOE, I CANT STAND PEOPLE LIKE YOU. ILL BE LAUGHING AT YOU FROM THE TOP FOOL.

And one final point. You say its more profitable.... Lets break this down.

Lets say it costs $20 to use jacks for a whole run and you pull 5 pounds. Lets say it costs 300 dollars to do the same run with a complete hydroponic nutrient and get the same 5 pounds. Lets say you sell those 5 pounds for $4200 each. We are talking $21000. DOES THAT $280 DOLLAR DIFFERENCE IN NUTE COSTS MEAN SHIT IN THE LONG RUN?????? ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU WILL ACTUALLY GET MORE THAN 5 POUNDS IF YOU USE THE HYDRO NUTES AND IT WILL BE HIGHER QUALITY, TASTE BETTER, SMELL BETTER, AND SELL FOR A HIGHER PRICE. YOU END UP MAKING MORE MONEY BY USING THE MORE EXPENSIVE HYDRO NUTES YOU FUCKING IDIOT.

YOU ARE A FUCKIN RETARD. THERE IS NO REASON WHY ANYONE SHOULD BE USING JACKS AND YOU ARE A DETRIMENT TO SOCIETY FOR GETTING ON HERE AND SUGGESTING IT.

YOU KEEP USING YOUR COMMERCIAL GRADE FERTILIZER AND SMOKING YOUR COMMERCIAL GRADE WEED PAL.

GET AT ME WHEN JACKS COMES OUT WITH THEIR CANNABIS FERTILIZER COMPLETE WITH ALL MACRO AND MICRONUTRIENTS.

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
LOL...wow^^^^^are there allowed to be underage kids on this site??

my guess is its the son of one of the AN reps, lol

you obviously didnt read the pdf, or check the website for their other formulations, lol

burnt out og'er
Veteran
Cannabomber,
You are violating the terms of use of this website.
4. Flaming/Trolling: Flames are posts intended to insult and provoke. Posters who speak incessantly and/or rabidly on some relatively uninteresting subject or with a patently ridiculous attitude will be banned. Repeated posts directed with hostility at a particular person or group of people or their beliefs will be cause for banning. Any individual who chronically trolls, who regularly posts arguments, flames or personal attacks for no other purpose than to annoy someone or disrupt a discussion will be banned. Trolls are recognizable by the fact that they have no real interest in learning about the topic at hand - they simply want to utter flame bait.

9. Banning: People who violate these forum guidelines repeatedly are subject to banning. Once someone has been banned from the site, we do not allow complaints about it. Once banned, we are done with that individual, and no amount of complaining from other members will help. We don't need to justify our bans. This only causes more work for the moderators. Which is usually the reason for the person being banned in the first place. So those who complain about a banishment, are subject to being banned themselves.

So please, before I change my mind and ban you for being so abrasive in your way of discussing this topic, as others here have pointed out.
Please take your own advice and leave this thread and discussion now. Cease and desist.

kiwiboy

A fact is a hypothesis that is so firmly supported by evidence that we assume it is true, and act as if it were true. —Douglas Futyuma

There is no sharp line between speculation, hypothesis, theory, principle, and fact, but only a difference along a sliding scale, in the degree of probability of the idea. When we say a thing is a fact, then, we only mean that its probability is an extremely high one: so high that we are not bothered by doubt about it and are ready to act accordingly. Now in this use of the term fact, the only proper one, evolution is a fact.[

Just be cause you say it is scientific fact, does mean that it is absolute and that no arguement cannot be entered into.

Scientific fact is just an opinion really. It was not that long ago the we thought that the world was flat as scientific fact and that if you argued differnce you were in some big trouble. Amazing what a few hundred years can do to scientific fact. I wonder what aliens that a few thousands ahead in thier scientific fact believe as to what is true and not.

kumplocke

For what its worth I did my research and it led me to Dyna Gro also. Doing my first run now so I will let you know what I see VS BMO Nutrients.

funkymonkey

cannabomber is talking out of his/her arse I'm afraid, there is nothing at all to make the nutrient sold in fancy bottles like AN and other cannabis marketed brands better than the nutes that come in 25kg sacks for the pro horti world. In a set of A+B bottles like Sensi Grow/Bloom there are only a handful of salts, Calcium Nitrate Potassium Nitrate (Salt Petre), Mono Potassium Phosphate, Magnesium Sulphate (Epsom Salts) and Chelated Trace Elements. You can buy the raw salts and mix your own for a fraction of the price.

LeenieBean

Good lord whats with the anger? you should get that in check, my friend. Calling someone an idiot for expressing their opinion (which was the point here wasn't it?) most definitely will not help you get your point across any better, and most likely isn't going to change anyone's opinion. Personally, I think someone who can't conduct themselves in a diplomatic and respectful manner in a public forum has the social intelligence of a rock and should be made well aware of said idiocy. You have a valid point, however, you do not know how to speak to people and may need to see a psychologist for that anger before it does you in.

That being said, Miracle grow works. It scares me what might be in that stuff, but I know someone who only uses miracle grow and his weed is too potent for me to smoke. That is rare. I use "organic" products, just trying to find something to dial it in at. How do I get a complete "organic" blend? open to suggestions- and ya, I know minerals technically aren't organic, but using natural products as ingredients, any ideas?

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i wanna see pics of thise miracle grow weed that is so potent. all miracle grow weed i have seen was commercial beaster grade. i highly doubt people are gonna be pulling top shelf OG kush using miracle grow...maybe hey maybe il run one under MG just to see lol..

joe fresh id like to see quality of that 3# per light stuff.....i have suspicions i know exactly what it looks like. just because you pull 3 doesnt mean its quality. most commercial growers sacrifice quality for numbers, by using cheap nutes, getting more weight per light but less quality, etc. instead of getting 1.5 nice pounds of some 4k/per shit....they pull 3 pounds of beasters that sell for 2500 per and their margins are higher. you mention alot in your posts its about margins and profits so thats why im assuking you are pulling commercial crops.

those who grow commercially may get down with your recomended nutes, but most of us who like to smoke our own shit would rather get the good stuff. i dont use AN i use a combo of the FF line and random boosters, and run others with organics like compost tea and bat guano....i like the taste of everything i have grown with FF and they are moderately priced.

post up pics of those buds if you can....i wanna see the 3# per light maybe its good.

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
well, here are some pics of the same strain the guy i know who gets 3# per light

these were grown with AN, but are of lower quality than my previous batches with the jacks pro, heres why;

AN gave me bigger buds, huge to tell you the truth, but weighed alot less, were nowhere near how compact the jacks pro got it, with the jacks pro the buds were so sticky and triched out...and less leaf...and tasted much much better, cleaner...compared to my last run with AN.

anyways, heres my big yeilder (m39) and heres what i got with AN, but if you follow the journal in my sig then you can watch how it develops with the jacks pro with added cal/mg(using ro water).

attachment.php

attachment.php

when i used to have my old account at overgrow i used jacks pro with phenomenal results

my point is i got better weed, better taste, more trichs, more weight than with AN, the only thing i can say for AN is they give bigger fluffier buds, but who wants that?

funkymonkey

You are making an incorrect assumption that I see a lot of people making - that cheap nutes grow poor product. This is not at all true, it is all down to the skill of the grower. The plants can't tell the difference between salts from a fancy expensive bottle or from a cheap 25kg sack, it is all about how you use them.

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
btw those plants in the pics were taken down early by one week due to high RH and mold on a few plants, that is why they look a bit premature with white hairs and all

superbolan

This all reminds me of something. Once i wanted to get rid of an old car, figured $200 just to get rid of it, no one even asked about it. My psych prof. said of course nobody wants it. Its price is too low. On his recommendation upped the price to $ 450, Had 10 calls a day about the car and actually sold it for $500 because two people showed up at same time and wanted to outbid each other. Too many people attribute somethings value to its price.
sheeple never change

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran
Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts