What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cheap, High Quality, Huge line up....Did i say Cheap?

ibjamming

Veteran
depends on your medium..miracle grow is fine in soil, not so much so in hydro

Exactly! It works...I know, I've used it...a lot!

Why the hate for it?

Is it the makers of the connoisseur brands badmouthing it?

MG will grow very nice plants...maybe not the BEST...but good enough for me.

Maybe I'll do a real...head to head...test my next grow. MG vs A/N Sensi A+B. Side by side.

toohighmf

Veteran
Wow man, I tried to be civil and give you a scientific explanation for why those products suck and your refuse to accept it. KEEP USING YOUR GARBAGE PRODUCTS THEN MORON. ILL JUST KEEP GROWING HIGHER QUALITY PLANTS AND OUTYIELDING YOU EVERY TIME.

PEACE

PEACE? more like PEICE!

Before you go spewing your mouth at everyone, you should check out their grows. JF is running 19kw. I'm almost positive he outyields you. as far as scientific fact goes. things often sound great on paper when eloquently spoken enough. Would you buy a car based on what car & driver magazine, consumer reports, and a brochure say without test driving it, and not comparing it against other vehicles of interest?

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Is it the makers of the connoisseur brands badmouthing it?"
I've always suspected something like this, especially when they come off so vehemently. In fact, I have some first hand experience. I used to get publicly shot down on OG for promoting (now much more widely used) incremental potting up schedules by a certain guy who turned out to be the manufacturer of a product called Spinout. Spinout is a copper solution that one paints on the inside of a nursury can to repel the roots and prevent circling at the bottom, and it is probably useful for trees that stay in a can for a year or more. More cannabis growers in those days (had no repotting skills and so) went directly from a small pot to a large and I found myself advising against it often. He saw me as a threat to his income. Funny thing was how long it took me to realize that this guy was in business!

I've trialed all sorts of organic and 'chemical' fertilizers over the years, and I have to say I really can't tell any difference between any of them, at all. I guess readers can interpret that in two ways. Either I'm a clueless old fart, or I'm so good that I can use anything.

I have to say I really wonder what motivates people to spend big money on nutrients. 20 years ago it was big pots, vertical lighting, temperature control and Peters 20-20-20. I'm embarrassed to say that I got caught up in the hype a little myself. I really went off the wagon with the additives for a while. Now I've come full circle and use only one product for the entire grow.

TFD

ToughGirl

I have to say, I used to be on the 'cheap nutes work great' kick myself. Having worked in the horticulture/agriculture business for years I've seen great results from some cheaper products. Hell I use the miracle grow liquafeed sprayer on my own gardens and they are amazing looking. However, in the production of fine cannabis, better nutes (designed specifically for mj) make all the difference. I've used all of those products, MG, Jacks, greenlight, etc, and I've done ok with them. But I have to be honest, I saw problems, even with a beautifully well built soil. From deficiencies to nute burn, leafy and fluffy buds, and low yeilds. If you want to go a cheaper route, try GH floranova bloom from start to finish. It's not really expensive, it's simple to mix, and you can use it through the whole grow, (even though you really should get the Vegging formula if you can).

I know cheap products can work, but be prepared to run into more problems. Everyone is free to use whatever they want, it's your plants...

even organicare by botanicare is less organic then there pureblend pro, yet they went through all the trouble to make new shinny labels with false advertising and up untill peeps realized it wasnt organic raved about the increased taste n flavours.

the most recent shocker for me was my friends mircale grow moisture control grown plants(the peat based soil with little fertilizer pellets) that only got flushed 3 days, tasty smooth smoke with white burning ash, he fed them a few times with floranova bloom at like a half teaspoon and got big juicy nuggs, really nice flavour. after i seen/tasted his smoke i realized its pretty much hype and grower error, not products.

funkymonkey

i realized its pretty much hype and grower error, not products.

Amen.

A friend of mine just bought a 2.5 kilo tub of Grotek Monster Bloom for 65ukp + 10 for shipping, which works out at 30ukp a kilo.

I laughed because it's just monopotassium phosphate and you can buy it from our local agri suppliers for 40ukp for a 50 kilo sack, which works out at 80p a kilo.

Grotek are taking a very common agri salt, putting a 40x markup on it and selling it as 'Monster Bloom', but still they sucker people in.

P.T. Barnum would have loved the canna nute industry, there's a sucker born every minute ya know!

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"P.T. Barnum would have loved the canna nute industry, there's a sucker born every minute ya know! "

Totally.

Mr. Greengenes says; "You don't get what you pay for, you get what you know. And, the more you know, the more you get".