What's new

Chat is BACK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't think we should discuss the details (on the forum) because it may end up in the results of a google search about the guy, thus divulging his cannabis related activities to people he never intended to know.

Sounds like a pretty specific way of dying, so the right keywords could pop threads about him into the first few pages of a search.

LiLWaynE - it would be nice if you could edit down that post about the details.

edit it down? why? his buddy who made the RIP ELEMENTAL thread is the one who gave the drowning information...

KharmaGirl

~Resident Puck Bunny~
Veteran
The current issues being experienced in the forums are somehow tied into chat. Until they can get the site issues understood and resolved, chat will remain down. No time frame.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for keeping us posted KG! Hope you folks are able to figure it out without too much hassle.

dank.Frank

Scrogerman

Veteran
I still dont get it? The Guys handle was Elemental(RIP), not his real name, so how does this thread link him & his death to the real person, disscussing it i mean. Do a google search & youll find many water related deaths, i cant see a direct link myself, Still very sad. Nuff said!

here you go, i just tried Googling allsorts of keywords concerning the above & Ziltch, nore any leads whatsoever, not even a little clue. I spent a good 20 mins doing it too, just to make sure.

RIP Ele!

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
edit it down? why? his buddy who made the RIP ELEMENTAL thread is the one who gave the drowning information...

Repeating the information will only make the canna sites more relevant to search engines when someone searches for the details.

Further, just because one person was careless with the details doesn't make it cool to spread them more.

Is it that hard to say RIP without the gossip and speculation about bullshit too? Who gives a shit if he was on other drugs? Come on man, have some respect.

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I still dont get it? The Guys handle was Elemental(RIP), not his real name, so how does this thread link him & his death to the real person, disscussing it i mean. Do a google search & youll find many water related deaths, i cant see a direct link myself, Still very sad. Nuff said!

here you go, i just tried Googling allsorts of keywords concerning the above & Ziltch, nore any leads whatsoever, not even a little clue. I spent a good 20 mins doing it too, just to make sure.

RIP Ele!

These things take time... Google doesn't change its results overnight. I appreciate your effort and all, but google rankings are way more complicated than that.

If people keep mentioning the unique details here, there is a solid possibility it will rank when people google them in the future.

Maybe his mom knows he was on some forums, maybe about surfing or skating, and goes looking for tribute threads when she learns they sometimes happen when members pass away. How owuld she find them if she didn't know his handle and he didn't go by his real name? She would google the unique circumstances of his death.

KharmaGirl

~Resident Puck Bunny~
Veteran
See, I'm thinking they'll figure it out when they clean out his place....People in mourning don't go and google the deceased...

smokefrogg

Veteran
... While the chatroom is down this is the open place/space to discuss topics chatroom users normally chat about. :canabis:

peace n flowers

sounds good

so yesterday marked 100 days that my little thai girl has been flowering, man i am just so fricking excited! this girl is taking forever to finish, the tester pieces i have had off of her @ 12 weeks were quite stella, the tester pieces from 13 weeks were like waaaay out there man! i have some lower branches from 14 weeks hanging right now, maybe i can enjoy some with some friends this weekend if it's dry and tasty enough, may have to let it sit in a jar for a lil bit first, one of these lower branches had been dusted with some lowryder #2 pollen so i'm hoping for a few seeds to screw around with, i figure crossing the lowryder #2 to a lanky thai would be akin to crossing a chihuaha with a greyhound, hmmm...that kind of dog breeding image in my mind makes me chuckle, man i hope i get some viable seeds! just excited about growing, and that this thai is getting so close!!!

p.s. i have no idea who elemental is or what the other stuff is about, it'll be awesome when chat works though! =)

p.s.s. maybe my p.s. is rude, i guess this guy died, no disrespect intended to the dead and their family and friends =\

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
See, I'm thinking they'll figure it out when they clean out his place....People in mourning don't go and google the deceased...

It's possible... He could also have friends who could have taken care of that for him.

Wouldn't we all help clean out a buddies place before their parents got there and found the various things we all have but would prefer our parents not discover immediately after our death?

As for people in mourning, I dunno, not an expert on the grieving process. Seems like the kind of thing they might not do right away, but later may very well want to see what their friend/relative/child was up to online.

I think we should just all be real careful about repeating details of someone's personal life on a canna site, dead or alive, and regardless of where the info came from.

The more things are repeated, the more relevant it becomes in Google search results. IC also has a decent "page rank" which means things posted here will be deemed more relevant than the same information posted on smaller sites, making the ic mention higher in the search results.

Nicoli

Veteran
Just want you to know if I pass away, Mr Bong, I expect a huge dedication thread about me.

With hilarious pictures and gigantic fish and some hot chicks.

(im serious)

Where's chat?

miss addy

I found a 'dear john' letter in a boys back pack that died of an unfortunate accident that was actually involving showing off. He drown too. I am keeping that letter for a while so that it is not mistaken as a suicide or something.

On the topic someone asked if other drugs were involved and that is not too respectful.

KharmaGirl

~Resident Puck Bunny~
Veteran
Nobodies trying to be mean, they are trying to put peices together and understand.

I understand Bo's point, but if you just lost your son would you really care what he did before he died? I think it's irrelevant now.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
Google does a quick job on this site, wouldn't be surprised if people he knew google his name to get news about the funeral services and so on.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
Nobodies trying to be mean, they are trying to put peices together and understand.

I understand Bo's point, but if you just lost your son would you really care what he did before he died? I think it's irrelevant now.

Not you son not your decision. Privacy at grass sites doesn't stop at death, surprised a mod would even say that.

KharmaGirl

~Resident Puck Bunny~
Veteran
Why? I'm a normal person first with opinions....I'm not modding right now. This would be a call for Admin, not me.

Nicoli

Veteran
You'za fine motha F'r why dont'cha BACK that thing up!

Antoine quit playin'!

HIDE ya kids HIDE ya wife. HIDE ya kids! HIDE ya wife! ooooooooooo!

(yes im stoned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts