What's new

CFL Club!

draconial1

Im flowering my first grow on 2 300w 2700k each plant . There are some nice buds starting up. I just feel like everything is going pretty slow. But they do look pretty!

Smoking Gun

I have a 3000K cfl pumping out 2375 lumens lying around. I am thinking of including it in my grow. Since we recommend the use of 2700K cfl or sometimes around 2200K on the color spectrum, what could be the implication if I add this 3000K bulb?

There would be no significant change by adding the 3000K bulb, not much different than a 2700K light.

iamoni

If I'm stuck with using these CFL's,
1 55w 6500K (3800 lumens)
4 23w 2700K (1550 lumens) totalling up to 10,000 lumens, (147 watts)
would I use them in a 1sq ft of area or I will be better off spreading that light on a 1.5 to 2 sqft of area? What would have given me bigger yield?

Oregonism

I've read around and some are actually using bulbs at that color spectrum, so you mean that I just added another light for the good?

I have resorted to 2700k and 6500k, because they are cheaper and economical. I have supplemented with 4000k/5000k. I veg currently with both a 13w 6500k and 13w5000k.

This winter I hope to start on my DIY LED Light project. In that world, spectrum is everything and heavily discussed.

But not CFL :tumbleweed: Spectrum can also be changed, but people tend to go with the most economical [cheapest] 6500/2700k.

If I continue CFL......... 6500k or even 5000k has a pretty good overall spectrum, in my opinion too much 2700 lends to stretching and I would love to flower with 4oook only, but the bulbs [around me anyways] are hard to come by in any size over dinky [>13w]

3000k is good it might even have a little green or purple spectral in it above a 2700k :good:

NKOTS

follow the pink rabbit!
Veteran
hi there, CFL growers.
i haven't visited the thread in some time.
let me share this CFL 160W coco hempy scrog.
last pic taken in day 60 of 12/12:

peace to all! :]

AlexTrebek

Haven`t posted on this thread forever!
I have no grow to post but I just wanted to say the rabbit hole is fucking awesome grow!

Cyhyraeth

I'm using CFL as well, 322W in a 23" x 22" x 18" box.
This is my first grow... ever.

picture.php

View image in gallery

She's about 2 months old, week 2 of 12/12

See full thread here -> https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=274060

MDB

I'm gonna grow 4 white widow using lst and cfl, i have about 90cmx90cm and 130cm of height.. Will be enough have for veg about 200/300W and for flowering like 300/400 at 2700k and add 2 cfl at 6500k ??

NKOTS

follow the pink rabbit!
Veteran
NKOTS, how much weight are you able to produce in that system?

hi there, s.gun, please excuse my late reply.

in run #1 (soil) i pulled 70g
in run #2 (hempy bucket) i pulled 64g but it was a less productive strain, no fault in the grow technique.

both runs were scrogs.

i currently run a micro sog in micro hempy buckets, about 1 week into 12/12 now.
so time will tell what i get in run #3.

meanwhile i got my other cab into operation. it has almost 90W of CFLs and i will flower my bonsai mothers here (hempy buckets again), see below:

you can find more down in the rabbit burrow :]

Last edited:
CFL or other lighting

CFL or other lighting

I have a pc box that is my 1st build. My question is about what lighting source should I use in the box? The box size is 9W x 18L x 27H. I have some of those socket plugs for bulbs to plug into power strip.

NKOTS

follow the pink rabbit!
Veteran
I have a pc box that is my 1st build. My question is about what lighting source should I use in the box? The box size is 9W x 18L x 27H. I have some of those socket plugs for bulbs to plug into power strip.
given the fact that it is your first project, i would advice CFLs.
the more the better but many bulbs will raise your temperatures.

what you need to start with is the airflow control / ventilation. what is your plan?
once you have that figured out you can then estimate the number & wattage of your bulbs.

i have never grown in PC case but projects that I have seen usually host about 60-100 W.
if you go to blynx's thread you will notice that currently he uses a box with 5 bulbs. i don't remember their wattage but my guess is ca. 20W each, resulting in 100W.

if you can fit 5 CFL bulbs in your PC and still manage the temp - you should be happy about the results :good:

happy growing and any Qs just post them and someone will surely help you out :wave:

peace! :smoke:

Last edited:

supermanlives

Veteran
I will be joining soon, found some ge 55w 3800 lumen 2700k 12.44$$$ at walmart... gonna play with a few I think...the sad part is I got like 7 or so hid and all excessories and nowhere to set up for now errrrrrrr.........

Latest posts

Latest posts