What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CFL Club!

Croptober

XXX OG & Super Skunk

XXX OG & Super Skunk

I grew some Super Skunk and XXX OG (Life's good winning cut) and got a little over 120 grams with 6 22 watt cfls. I vegged for 5 weeks. Supercropped and topped many times and the plants were fed House and Garden nutrients.
picture.php

XXX OG
picture.php

Super Skunk
picture.php

Super Skunk
attachment.php

attachment.php

JAH Porter

NEWBIE IN CFL CLUB JUST GOT A ELEKTROX 200W DUAL

NEWBIE IN CFL CLUB JUST GOT A ELEKTROX 200W DUAL

Greetings one and all. Thank you for having I join in your CFL Club.
Today I finally purchased the 200w Dual CFL by Elektrox. It is supposed to give out between 10,000 & 12,000 Lumens.
Nice easy set up and good light produced.
I would appreciated any information ones could provide regarding this particular model.
I have 1 OG Kush in Veg stage week 4 that I will put in to flower this week.
Give Thanks for your help and advice.

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Its always nice checking in with the innovative CFL crew.

I use CFL -and the new LED lightbulbs- to supplement on the edges where my 400 watt HPS isn't getting. The lighhts all play well together

picture.php

N

NoSocSlic

Bare Basics CFL

Bare Basics CFL

Here is my bare basics CFL run. Just over 102 watts with 2 23w warms, a 23w cool, and a 33w warm in a strip plug. Small garden with 6 flowering plants.

picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:
N

NoSocSlic

Thanks, its small time, but it sure is sweet whether there's one plant or 1000

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Beautiful example of the potential of CFL's. Thanks for posting the pics, NoSocSlic!

N

NoSocSlic

Thanks. It shows how simple it is to grow some bud for yourself. I never even bought a seed, just been collecting bagseeds and breeding them a bit. That strain is pretty killer, wish I knew its name. Its most likely something with sour D in its lineage. I am running a cross I made also. This was the first time I ran seeds that I made so I am really happy about it.

dociron

Thanks. It shows how simple it is to grow some bud for yourself. I never even bought a seed, just been collecting bagseeds and breeding them a bit. That strain is pretty killer, wish I knew its name. Its most likely something with sour D in its lineage. I am running a cross I made also. This was the first time I ran seeds that I made so I am really happy about it.

If ya really wanna get serious about this grow method, I'd reccomend this thread,,,, https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=69713 :tiphat:

N

NoSocSlic

If ya really wanna get serious about this grow method, I'd reccomend this thread,,,, https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=69713 :tiphat:

Man you are tellin me! I have read that thread and it blew my mind. That is my goal eventually, to make a perpetual grow system like that. Amazing results. right now with what I have I get 4-8g off a plant. I'd shit if I ever got 21 lol. I am using a lot less light than he is though, and the only thing I add is molasses in flower. I could get more out of it. This was really a test run that I was going to make seeds with but changed my mind because I didn't really like my choice of fathers. The 2 of the girls were fantastic. I need to stabilize the genetics a little bit more but especially the strain in the picture, man it looks and smells great. Anyway, DBG's thread is awesome. That is the goal =P

dociron

Man you are tellin me! I have read that thread and it blew my mind. That is my goal eventually, to make a perpetual grow system like that. Amazing results. right now with what I have I get 4-8g off a plant. I'd shit if I ever got 21 lol. I am using a lot less light than he is though, and the only thing I add is molasses in flower. I could get more out of it. This was really a test run that I was going to make seeds with but changed my mind because I didn't really like my choice of fathers. The 2 of the girls were fantastic. I need to stabilize the genetics a little bit more but especially the strain in the picture, man it looks and smells great. Anyway, DBG's thread is awesome. That is the goal =P

Yeah, I grew like that for several years,, perpetual, and I went to 1 litre bottles, found a heavier breed than the sativa dom I was running, and started getting 10-15 gram averages, using GO nutrients from GH. :tiphat:

Redrum92

In use there is a massive 64 watt CFL (equal to 300w?) Hanging from the ceiling. Seriously the thing is almost as big as a 2 liter bottle. Then 3x 42w CFL in little clamp fixtures. All found at home depot for about $85 (super cheap)

42w $10 x 3
Fixtures $11 each x4
64w $15

Basically 190w for $85, fixtures and all. Easily enough for any cloeset grower.

Being used for 2 seedlings 6" tall, and one huge indica bush that is 2.5'x2.5'x3'. More than enough light.

Redrum92

I love that plants can be touching these all day an have no damage. I love they don't need ventilation. 190w on all day raises the teeny closet only 1° F. And if one breaks? Eh $10 to replace, big deal.

So simple. For professionals or people with more than 20 cubic feet, sure not the best. But for anyone smaller, they are optimal

sandbar

2x 85 Watt 300watt equiv 4.7k lumen 6,500K + 2x 40 Watt 150watt equiv 2.65k lumen 2,700K.

3x3 tent.

Kill-A-Watt rating everything at 240 Watts. Will make grow thread once seeds arrive (sensei star)

Looking forward to my first try at a CFL grow!

MicroRoy

2x 85 Watt 300watt equiv 4.7k lumen 6,500K + 2x 40 Watt 150watt equiv 2.65k lumen 2,700K.

3x3 tent.

Kill-A-Watt rating everything at 240 Watts. Will make grow thread once seeds arrive (sensei star)

Looking forward to my first try at a CFL grow!

Good luck to you.

Glyda

Hi there. I am very new to the site and new to growing as well. I have read thru the CFL thread quite extensively and have found it most interesting.
I am from an area where we have summer temp of 30 to 35 Celsius on a regular basis, so keeping temp down is important. I am just setting up a grow room and am currently trying to figure out which lights to purchase.
I have a totally insulated room 12 feet long x 8 feet wide and 7 feet high. my intention is to grow 12 plants on either side of the room.
I am looking to use a combination of CFL's, my thought are to use 6 x 130 watt 14 000 K lights, 3 on each side with 4 x 100 watt 2700 K light on light rails a little towards the center of the room.
Each plant has an area of 2 foot x 2 foot there will be a tilted trellis above the plants so I can tie the stems down. getting an even spread of light across the canopy.
I cant find any reference to how much area a 130 watt 14 000 K light will cover.
I will be using 18 hours light 6 hour dark for Veg and switching to 12 - 12 for Bud and will remove the 14 000 K - 130 watt globes and replace them with all 2700 k 100 watt globes. I have surplus air ventilation and will be installing a dehumidifier as well. can anyone tell me the light area covered by the CFL light, and if there are any obvious problems with my set up. Thanks in advance, Glyda

Latest posts

Latest posts