What's new

Caseyjones massive plants thread..grow show! Enjoy!

Calidude

Caseyjones, great job - everything is looking great for you. some questions for you. what is the measurement on the soil container? how many of hours direct sunlight are you getting now? how tall were you plants at transplant and how many feet of growth have you gotten already on average?

great work! keep it up.

C

caseyjones123

To answer some questions: the plants were about 2 ft on march ? Planting. Plants are now 5-7 ft. They are planted in 300 gallon smart pots ( 5ft diameter by 2ft deep). Plants get about 12 hrs direct sun.

About the greenhouse, the depo cover is on the inside , hanging over 16 cables.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 6

paper thorn

Veteran
It all looks fantastic. Green with envy here. You keep a nice greenhouse. I'd sure love to grow a plant or two that big someday.

sticky367

Earthworm soil factory
Using 60/40 mix-
60% premium plus blend with added perlite and earthworm mix(5-5-1) protien nutrients.
40% nor cal blend

Am topping all pots and mounds with 4-6 inches of NorCal blend.

caseyjones123, Could you give any insight on the nor cal blend/ premium plus blend? You're plants look very healthy!

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
looking good man interesting to see that 60/40 mix! did you add any other amendment afterwards?

can't wait to see that hillside in a few months!

C

caseyjones123

I do not have the info on the protien pack that was amended into the soils. I don't know the proportions either. As it is a proprietary blend. I do know Dave at earthworm soil factory takes the quality of his amendments seriously. I can say after driving the amendments home from chico my car stank like fish and good quilty amendments. I amended some of my own , and had him do the other . I actually have 3 blends combined. I needed another 20 yards, and went with the mk blend, $118/yard. Which is like NorCal but without lava rock and and peat moss. Two most costly amendments. So a total of 240 yards. Was a lot of soil. My neighbors thought I was crazy. Bigger the root bigger the fruit!
Next year I plan to utilize all the soil with a early April light asisted planting.

As for additional amendments, I went with rainbow mix grow / bloom combo, 1 cup each topdress to each 300 smart pot.

I will be doing a little experimenting with some different bloom boosters. I will have a constant that will get no bloom amendments.
I will be testing

Earth juice rainbow mix bloom (1-9-2):
topdress only
topdress and folair
folair only(tea)

The same for:
Earth juice solution guano (0-8-1)
Dr earth bloom and bud booster(4-10-7)

I am also open to what others are trying. I would love some input on your organic bloom amendments.

C

caseyjones123

I am able to do 39 in te greenhouse staying in compliance with regulations. I don't need a felony here. Just trying to get by. 300's will produce 3-4 lbs if Dailed in. That's why I don't use 100's.

C

caseyjones123

looks so sweet. will you get a second crop in the greenhouse?

No seconded round this year, hopefully next year. i Am looking forward to a vacation after a solid 12 month grind. This being a virgin property, it took most my energy setting up to plant. I am thinking someplace warm with palm trees and sand...and great offshore fishing.