What's new

Caseyjones massive plants thread..grow show! Enjoy!

C

caseyjones123

You going to hire trimmers or use a machine? thanks

I will be using trimmers for all my tops. When its to small for the trimmers, I am think of picking up a dry trim machine called "trim pal" to do the popcorn nugs. As the trimmers usually hate these nugs and is worth a try with a machine , anything to small for machine goes to hash making. I make sure we waste no part of the buffalo around here

Also might try doing a quickie (rough trim)with machine get most of the work outa the way, and finish off tight trim with trimmers. Could speed things up a littl. saving me trimmer food money

calstar

Also might try doing a quickie (rough trim)with machine get most of the work outa the way, and finish off tight trim with trimmers.

Bad idea imo, if you have a good trimming crew you're not going to save much $ and the product will show it(machining). Are you having a different group to big leaf?

thanks, B

C

caseyjones123

Bad idea imo, if you have a good trimming crew you're not going to save much $ and the product will show it(machining). Are you having a different group to big leaf?

thanks, B
I thought it over , and no machine for now. I think my sexy all female all star trim crew should be able to handle things. Having the ladies around a few more days isn't the worst thing, I suppose. ;)

C

caseyjones123

This is what going up in the next few weeks. It will be built on a 18x 23 plywood deck. Eventually large outside deck area will be Added. With coy pond and waterfalls abound. Set amongst my future bambooo forest

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 8
C

caseyjones123

I used one of those one year...

It was OK.

www.countryplans.com has a bunch of cool ideas we're putting to use.

I would like to build a permanent structure. Low on over head and don't have enough time this season.

Paying ur crew 150. I was thinking the same rate for my crew. Does that include any meals? Also thinking im going to provide one meal a day. Most likely dinner.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
They need to pay 20 a day if they want meals. For breakfast we just out out things like oatmeal that can be done at their own pace since no one wales up the same...lunch is pretty chill usually just salads etc from the garden...dinner is a full on affair.

At first every trimmer balks hearing they need to pay for their stay...I explain it by telling them , you would spend more per day feeding yourself and the time and gas it takes to grocery shop for the crew is also an added value because they can keep,trimming ...on they hear the logic behind it , they're on board.

epicorchard

I will be using trimmers for all my tops. When its to small for the trimmers, I am think of picking up a dry trim machine called "trim pal" to do the popcorn nugs. As the trimmers usually hate these nugs and is worth a try with a machine , anything to small for machine goes to hash making. I make sure we waste no part of the buffalo around here

Also might try doing a quickie (rough trim)with machine get most of the work outa the way, and finish off tight trim with trimmers. Could speed things up a littl. saving me trimmer food money

I ran the trim pal last year and this winter. Does a really great job, if you know the little tricks like using a Big leafer such as the "ok trimmer" or "trimpro."

Make sure you are running same size pieces in a batch. Small C's together, mediums together, and then we usually do the large A's by hand. The machine has a tendency to break big pieces into smaller pieces.

Never fill the machine more than 1/3 full, and make sure the product is completely dry, otherwise the heat and moisture will cause the flowers to compress. You want the brittle leaves to break off as they tumble.

C

caseyjones123

Outdoor update

Seed white widow x lemon purple kush is plant w/ 5 gallon bucket

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 7
C

caseyjones123

Triangle kush, not the tallest plant, more shrub like and very bushy with many many tops. and watch these ladies produce.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 11

Latest posts

Latest posts