What's new

Caseyjones massive plants thread..grow show! Enjoy!

moritzst

hello casey,
i really llike ur constructions, everything looks splendid from here. keep it up and green :)

greeez mo

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Triangle kush's are doing the best of all my plants. Had some stunted, blue dream , Tahoe og, grouch(jolley rancher og)....we're march cuttings. Jumped the gun a little...won't make this mistake next year. Timeing seems to be very important. No root bound plants next year. On the brighter side all stunted plants have adjusted to the new big homes, are happy and growing good again. Lost two weeks of veg. All and all. I am very pleased at this point with all my plants. Also pulled 3 stunted plants that never rebounded. i replaced with 3 fresh starts. We have all happy plants here now. i will be sleeping good from here on. :biggrin:

the stunted ones were march cuttings? when do you like to take clones for full season plants

looks like a great journal for me to watch, im brand new here and just getting my feet wet. i plan a journal to share and learn here, next. great info shared here! how can i add "reputation points" to member posts, that i find helpful? thank you

C

caseyjones123

the stunted ones were march cuttings? when do you like to take clones for full season plants
Mid April I make cuts for full season, this year I took 3 batches of 100 -150 cuts. First batch for green house( late january cuttings)and second batch was for full terms( march cuttings) and then I made and extra batch because I was skeptical on timing for my seconded batch. I made a third batch (April cuts), planted the strongest from both of the seconded / third batches. In hind sight , april cuts are perfect timing for tranplanting late may / june. Triangle were all April cuts and never were stunted or root bound . I have figured out the secret to great to a great starting season. I also changed soil from earthworm soil factory to aurora 707 for my starts. They seem to last much longer without getting root bound it aurora soil. Next year I will order full tote of aurora for all starts up to 10 gallon pots. .

Is nice have multiple chances to get shit right. I felt like scientist with constants and variables. Learn from me and don't make the mistakes I made.

Also have been helping stunted plants catch up with house and garden magic green, plants seem to love it, then I come back over the next day with plus- c folair spray( tea in a bottle ) microbes) until the plants natural exudate system kicks in and starts growing on it own.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
my april starts are kicking way more ass than the march starts, even the march are about 8 feet the growth rate on the april ones I'm sure they will catch up and surpass.

magic green is the truth! used to use it on my indoor veg starts and would green everything up right away. been using it lightly rotated with PPD for the nitrogen...

C

caseyjones123

Seeing what some use for a bloom topdress . I was thinking rainbow mix pro bloom to spice things up a little. My depo plants seem to need food, as they are maxed out in 300'S. I have been doing worm compost AACT every other week. And magic green folair to fix nitrogen loss. I also foliar Cal 25 every 2 weeks. Any suggestion appreciated!

great shares CaseyJones!

great shares CaseyJones!

Seeing what some use for a bloom topdress . I was thinking rainbow mix pro bloom to spice things up a little. My depo plants seem to need food, as they are maxed out in 300'S. I have been doing worm compost AACT every other week. And magic green folair to fix nitrogen loss. I also foliar Cal 25 every 2 weeks. Any suggestion appreciated!

i like what you got going on and i like your username, ill assume you have seen a few "shows" , we named our latest boat Touch of Grey.

since you asked, the only thing i could suggest, is something i just learned, a method to test what levels of nutes/sugars, are in your plants leaves/viens, a 30 dollar meter, tells you your "brix" level. its an ez way to know if you are under or over the ideal level of nutrients in your plants. check out what i have on this in my recent post/s. im an outdoor/indoor grower on CA coast, north of LA. BEST OF BUDS to you!

C

caseyjones123

Brix on my worst looking plant is 10. They aren't that bad at all. I just have higher standards. As a few of my plants are very large and lush green. I have a feeling my soil wasn't amended equal. With bobcat scoop and drop method. Some pots richer than others. I also amended 4 days befor planting.. amended 3/4 strength because No cook time. they seem to like the hot mix, they grew very fast. Then hit a wall? Besides growing in idoit pots, and restricting root growth. i assume above ground fabric pots could work with plenty of water. Dunno. Maybe I leached some nutes out. I doubt the case as we don't have much run off. Will check brix on healthy plants for comparison.

THANKS, HOW CAN I RAISE MY BRIX NUMBER FROM 9? I JUST STARTED LEARNING ABOUT BRIX. i LIKE THE METER. Every time I make tea w/ molasses, I get bugs within hours. I have no problems eradicating any critters, I just thought you may share a recipe to enhance my guano/ Dr Earth tea recipe, w something to boost my BRIX level, uo, from 7 (9 highest i've seen) thanks again, great journal!

C

caseyjones123

I use a cubic foot of worm casting, cubic foot of compost. Crab meal, fish hydrolsate, molasses , maxi crop, and befor application I innoculate brew with bio organics myco minerals.

I also add worm juice plus which is liquid worm compost concentrate. 9lbs of casting to a gallon of juice. Is a compost tea In a bucket.130$ / 5 gallons. I received for free with large siol purchase from earthworm soil factory. 2 oz to gallon drench or foliar. Stabalized microbes? Not sure about this proprietary formula. The producer doesn't talk in detail about how the product is made( besides a tea brew ) or stabilized . Supposed to be "what dreams are made" he told Me.

I do not brew guano/ manure/ nutrient teas. I keep with ewc tea only, as to not spike microbial balance. From what I understand Nitrogen teas create blooms of a particular microbe. Making for imbalance microbial populations...then the siol has to balance itself out again. Delaying organic food web process....some one with a background in soil or microbiology could explain further.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
I tried the Worm Juice for a couple years...

Did side by side for multiple seasons , the plants had no difference.

Worm Juice is probably good for some one who already doesn't grow in Nor Cal Blend.

C

caseyjones123

Greenhouse update

Greenhouse update

10 days into depo

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 11

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
nice greenhouse...damn thats like the one thing i really need to get online instead of these ghetto hoopties i got.

BYF good info on the worm juice...i havent really noticed anything either. even as a foliar feed hasnt seemed to do much...

C

caseyjones123

Outdoor update

Outdoor update

Plants in explosion phase

Here's blue dream

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 6
C

caseyjones123

Triangle kush

Triangle kush

Triangle kush

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 9

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
That garden looks like its gonna be fun to harvest and by fun I mean a nightmare.

I've done the hillside ladder shuffle, it helps my surfing skills.

Great job so far. How is your dep doing?

C

caseyjones123

Tahoe og

Tahoe og

Tahoe og

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 8
C

caseyjones123

That garden looks like its gonna be fun to harvest and by fun I mean a nightmare.

I've done the hillside ladder shuffle, it helps my surfing skills.

Great job so far. How is your dep doing?
Depo is going good, some plants about to touch depo roof (8 ft)
Also just did a topdress of 2/3 cup rainbow mix grow, and full cup of rainbow mix bloom to each 300 gallon smart pot. Plants were yellowing and looking for food, so they got some. Will see how this works. I will do high phos. Guano In couple weeks. Everything looking good otherwise.

Latest posts

Latest posts