What's new

Caregivers, what are you offering patients?

C

cannagirl

Yall grow some good shit out there...i was just half drunk and pissed off that night. My boy chuck liddel had just got knocked out for the 18,000th time and i was PISSED OFF...haha

:laughing::laughing::laughing:you drink?!?!?!, no fucking way!!!:moon::moon::moon:

:blowbubbles::blowbubbles:

Greenmopho

cannagirl said:
:laughing::laughing::laughing:you drink?!?!?!, no fucking way!!!:moon::moon::moon:

:blowbubbles::blowbubbles:

God is good,
but Man is not:
Man made beer,
but God made pot.

Drink less and smoke more...you'll be a much nicer person...

still2big

That sucked for Chuck. He really hasn't been the same since his second fight with Quinton Jackson. A lot of the good guys from the last ten years have fallen off. I thought for sure Mirko was doomed when he got knocked down twice in the first.

We are on to the new generation of fighters, which means a lot of Lay N Pray wrestling to grind out decisions.

Yeah man, i think once you get KTFO like chuck did your chin just isnt what it use to be....had a good run though...

still2big

An ounce a month plus hash, hash oil + baked goods. That's what I try to stick too. I'm pretty new to the free thing though, haven't even been doing it for a whole year yet. I'd be willing to work out just about anything within reason with my patients. But that's only because they're all good friends that I've known for at least 5 years, in some cases over 10. None of my patients are terminal though. Much respect to all those caregivers who do have terminal patients, and take proper care of them. I hope I never have a terminal patient, because that would mean one of my friends is terminal.

Yeah bro i dont think i could do the terminal either. Once we get all this rolling i want to just take care of people going thru chemo and give them all free meds. Granted some of them will be terminal but my wife can deal with that, she is a bit more mentally stable than me and has worked in the healthcare field before.

rickindnvr

Did anyone go to the MMBA meeting last night, where Matt Cook, and Rob Corry were speaking? Any new info for Caregivers?

SoCoMMJ

Did anyone go to the MMBA meeting last night, where Matt Cook, and Rob Corry were speaking? Any new info for Caregivers?

Caregivers were mentioned a couple times during the Q&A.

Response was that caregivers are pretty clearly defined in 1284 and not subject the the Dept of Revenue rule making process.

Read up HB1284 for the details on caregivers... that's the new guide.

rickindnvr

Yes. I've read the parts of the bill that pertain to CGs. However, there seem to be some gray areas, and some rumors that are going around.... such as:

1. As a CG you can charge for consulting or services... what exactly does that mean?
2. One rumor is that CGs with more than 5 patients "might" be grandfathered in, and that only CGs moving forward would have the 5 patient limit.
3. Another rumor is that law enforcement is not going to be as concerned with CGs.. regarding clones and how that impacts plant count as they are with MMC and Growers. (I know there was the bust in Adams County, but the North Metro Drug Task Force are pretty much know being very militant on the issue.)
4. In the opinion of some, MMC are going to end up short on product, and CGs are going to continue to have "extra" product. That is going to inevitably end up with some "deals" going on.

Thoughts?

SGMeds

His deal is basically... what is statutory is statutory, and the rest is not, though the Bill is poorly written & there necessarily needs to be dialogue to get 'working' regs into effect... but we have one entire year to do this... July 1, 2011 is the real deal. Until then, it is still a work in progress... no decisions, no specific answers, no attempt on his part to 'interpret' the rules, just follow them.

That was my read of the gentleman.

But the rumors are mostly people taking some degree of factual info mixed in with pure conjecture... then mixing it all about & trying to find 'creative' answers. Time will tell, but no definitive answers on anything as of yet.

The bottom of Corry's shoes looked nice though... had his feet up on the table facing the crowd during the Q&A. ;-)

Matt also mentioned that there are some rules that just plainly do not make any sense and he has the ability to put 2 different types of Amendments in on HB1284 Normal & Emergency. This was in reference to infused products off site grow location and there ability to disperse of any extra's since they are only allowed to sell infused products not straight buds and since they are not a dispens they cannot sell those to another dispens. So he said it makes no sense and will go through the bill and make changes and he will be taking apps on July 1st for a regulatory board made up of patients,cg's,center owners,health professionals,legal professionals and so on to help get this industry in shape before July 1st of 2011. He also stated that if the changes made are not effective or if no positive changes can be made then he will march to the capitol hand in hand with us all.

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Matt also mentioned that there are some rules that just plainly do not make any sense and he has the ability to put 2 different types of Amendments in on HB1284 Normal & Emergency. This was in reference to infused products off site grow location and there ability to disperse of any extra's since they are only allowed to sell infused products not straight buds and since they are not a dispens they cannot sell those to another dispens. So he said it makes no sense and will go through the bill and make changes and he will be taking apps on July 1st for a regulatory board made up of patients,cg's,center owners,health professionals,legal professionals and so on to help get this industry in shape before July 1st of 2011. He also stated that if the changes made are not effective or if no positive changes can be made then he will march to the capitol hand in hand with us all.
No offense but fuck matt brown (if that's who you are referring to). He fucked us all in the ass, now he's asking for a reacharound?

Greenmopho

cobcoop said:
No offense but fuck matt brown (if that's who you are referring to). He fucked us all in the ass, now he's asking for a reacharound?

I believe Matt Brown and Chris Romer have their hands out of it now that it is law. They just served a steaming pile of shit on a plate to Matt Cook at the Dept if Revenue that he has to mold into a cookie!!!

funkfingers

Long haired country boy
Veteran
Here's what I do for my patients in addition to giving them meds..
I mean look at how much fun he's having:jump:

picture.php

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If he's talking about Matt Cook, then my rant is mis-placed, my apologies :)

SoCoMMJ

Yes. I've read the parts of the bill that pertain to CGs. However, there seem to be some gray areas, and some rumors that are going around.... such as:

1. As a CG you can charge for consulting or services... what exactly does that mean?
Since you can not sell the meds that you are growing for your patients for more than the actual cost of growing them, you are allowed to charge for your time as a grower to make it worth your while.

2. One rumor is that CGs with more than 5 patients "might" be grandfathered in, and that only CGs moving forward would have the 5 patient limit.
I haven't heard this one, but you can bet if it is tied to the Department of Health they will want to keep it 5 or less. They made several attempts to get this passed before, and now they have it.

3. Another rumor is that law enforcement is not going to be as concerned with CGs.. regarding clones and how that impacts plant count as they are with MMC and Growers. (I know there was the bust in Adams County, but the North Metro Drug Task Force are pretty much know being very militant on the issue.)
In court it should stand that as long as the clones are not yet rooted, they should not be counted and are considered cuttings. Once they pop roots, they are plants. However you can bet that law enforcement will look at them and count them as plants regardless and you win a trip to the courthouse and related expenses.

More info:
http://openjurist.org/30/f3d/134/united-states-v-edge

On cross-examination, Dr. Kral stated that he "wouldn't have any problem" with the following statement: "A cutting becomes a plant when it develops a root system sufficient to allow the cutting to maintain open stomas ... so it can exchange gas and provide for energy requirements."

4. In the opinion of some, MMC are going to end up short on product, and CGs are going to continue to have "extra" product. That is going to inevitably end up with some "deals" going on.
Don't count on selling off your extra meds to any dispensary. After the hassle and huge expense to conform to HB1284 do you think any shop is going to risk losing it all for picking up a couple ounces from a caregiver? To remain legal, don't grow more than your patients need. There is no legal outlet for the excess.

Thoughts?
It sucks, but it is what it is.

BTW, I'm no lawyer so take the above as what it is... Information gleaned from an internet forum. :tiphat:

funkfingers

Long haired country boy
Veteran
FWIW I think large chunks of this new bill will be contested in court, including the 5 patient caregiver limit. It has been ruled unconstitutional several times...

If the clones don't count it as a plant you can be sure they will count towards finished product.