What's new

Captains little dr120 that could!

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah sending cuts this time of year sux cuz of the heat !!! thats why i do overnight pkgs . it costs more but worth it to have good cuts recieved instead of near dead ones .

captain planet

Veteran
Yea, hear that, thing is they did make it good, just shocked in the transition from their mini super warm super humid greenhouses to the air in the house.

captain planet

Veteran
Day 3 /4 with cuts, so bows the time I start taking the water level in the containers down a bit to maybe 1/4 up the cells as opposed to half way, I gotta get them to the point that there's just a covering of water on the bottom and the occasional almost none, with the perlite still slightly moist, then the roots should pop. Hoping for all by day 10, I think around Saturday

Grizz

Veteran
yeah sending cuts this time of year sux cuz of the heat !!! thats why i do overnight pkgs . it costs more but worth it to have good cuts recieved instead of near dead ones .
even overnight is risky this time of year, when people live out in the boonies overnight isent overnight, its 2 day or even 3 day delivery ,

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
still works well if you pack the cuts with something like one of those blue freezer packs and a walmart 6 pack cooler...

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
even overnight is risky this time of year, when people live out in the boonies overnight isent overnight, its 2 day or even 3 day delivery ,

i've only had that haoppen once or twice & it was just 2 day deal & they made it in decent shape ..

thats a good idea Unc , didn't think of that .

captain planet

Veteran
I was wondering how much sweating would be going on if not in a cooler but maybe just a ziplock with an ice pack, would suck to have a package opened bc it was dripping

captain planet

Veteran
Looks like most of the strains I got have a similar window of 60-70 days which is great, I can't recall what most take the D at tho, I've seen people who take the dub at 56 and at 70, I've heard the ogkb 2.0 at both ends of that range also. Miscbrah has awesome pics of GSC at 60, seen blue dream at 63.

captain planet

Veteran
At 12-13 days all the extras did pass in the aero cloner tho, and the ones I still have in perlite still look good. No timer on that aero tho, wonder if the water temp was getting high. I'm gonna give it another cpl tries tho, wife looked at me cross eyed for spending the money on it when the perlites my go to. :) it really would be a lot less tedious

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I use seedling starter mix in six packs in a tray under a dome. Rarely lose a cut. I can use coco or rockwool cubes as a replacement for the seedling starter mix, and get the same success rates.

Never tried an aero cloner. Got all the stuff to make a homemade one. Maybe that's the next project I will tackle. They just started selling some heavy duty, slim 10 gal. tote's at Wal-mart. Looks like I'll be grabbing one Wednesday.

captain planet

Veteran
I should try that soon, I've done many a spider plant and pothos like that but I've also wrapped moss on crotches of those too and got roots. I've tried a few mj like that and had some success and have had some algae up the too and stay to moist and never pop. But not recently. My perlite in those 6 cells or 6 cells cut to 4 so they don't flop when I pick them up sitting in 1/4 inch of water seems to be my trick. But your watching how high the water level is and then checking for roots which you gotta work em out of the perlite, so not to rip roots bc the perlite kinda gets tight in there and doesn't want to slide out. It's work but it's worked for many a moon for me, def interested in getting to an easier tech tho

GastroGrower

I've had mixed results with an aerocloner. Sometimes it seems to get 100% rooting rate regardless of how crappy the clones look, other times you can't get a single cutting to root. It's my preferred method when transplanting into hydro when it works, haha.

I think water and ambient temp is the biggest driver in success with Aero.

captain planet

Veteran
I feel like to give the aero a good shot I need the best fresh cuts, the clonex solution, and have them on a timer to give some dry time, and not overheat the water with the pump, and temp check the water. This try I just put 4 of the best in perlite and extras in the aero.

captain planet

Veteran
:woohoo: What what! Day 12 and two Corey's popped roots and 1 forum popped ( so at least 1 of every new cut is now in a solo cup)
And another blue dream, a second 2.0, and 2 more dubs, be nice to get another chem d to pop to have at least 2 of each new strain in cups bc there not really set till they've rooted the cups

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I've always used a bubble cloner with decent results. Prob get 90% to root. In my setup they can take up to 3 weeks to root sometimes. Seems like cloning is hard to get dialed in to get same results everytime, from what I've observed anyway. Been thinking about trying an aero cloner lately to see if I can get my success rate up and knock some time off of rooting.

Definitely gonna keep an eye on your method while you learn for us both! :biglaugh:

captain planet

Veteran
I really do love putting them in perlite cells about to the bottom, putting the cells in a Rubbermaid shoebox that sits at room temp (70-80) and dropping water level over 10 or so days,...... God (or whatever) only knows what will happen when I eventually move and have diff water :)
Will def keep posting about the aero tho