What's new

Captains little dr120 that could!

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
With the avid does it get in the plant so that if you missed an underside here or there it will still get em, of course I'll spray as good as possible just wondering,

And just put the 70% ISO straight out of the bottle into a spray bottle correct?
Unc beat me to it ... but yup just pour the ISO in a spray bottle & go nuts with it .
mix up a 5 gallon bucket of the avid & dunk them plants right in it ! but to answer your question ... yes , it systemic , thats why you only use it in veg . it takes 45 days or more to totally disipate in the plants .

captain planet

Veteran
picture.php

Larger way over vegged GG4 that I'm trying to save until I get clones rooted, it's under Hps but on 18+
picture.php

Other one I have in the mid veg area that I need until clones root

Nothing rooted yet, the spray cleaned up a lot, prob gonna have to trim up the smaller one and up pot bc its prob gonna run out of available nutrients in my water only soil mix

captain planet

Veteran
Most of that damage came from the drying out incident on the last page, I took a lot out already, just trying to keep enough to support new growing heads for cuts

Last edited:

captain planet

Veteran
Since this is my diary, and I can look back thru it, I just want to add my current /eventual goals for anyone else to see and for me to be able to go back and look at.

I am going to continue the 4x4 600 watt tent and try to get back on top after have moved it to the basement and really not focused on it. I would like to add a few clone onlys and play with some beans here and there but nothing to big. I really just wanna focus on the Glue and getting things right again for now. But my goal in future is kinda a 6 mono crop in 6 5x5 tents with 1000 watt dimmable digital quantums, 4 plants under each light, run so I have 2 harvests a month with possible a tent, it would be a medical grow and I would like some variation tho I'd like to keep what I also like and change up as needed maybe with 12 keeper mother spots. I've also toyed with the idea of a 10x10 or 12x12 flower room itself but same concept for the most part. my current ideal line up would be

1- GG4 (got a lot goin for it, ease, bang, looks, stench etc.
2- star dawg (Corey) but would like beans to
3- Chem D ( it's the chem D ... Nuff said) I've smoked a few chems but never labeled specifically the D and I have to know for myself
4- Girl Scout cookie forum cut (have had cookies to smoke, don't know which cut but seems like I would like it in the mix and as a caregiver would be something wanted
5- ECSD (again never grew her but every sour diesel I've ever smoked was the bees kness, stanky, sticky, great high, great taste.
6- Blue Dream with the muffin smell. Only smoked once but great bag appeal, great smell great taste not Stoney but good to go smoke and hang out, kinda the opposite of the fuely Stoney stank that I generally like but you need those opposites .

Having not grown most of those myself they can always change (tho the Glue is here to stay with a special place in my heart) as of now the goal is maine, but the wife can never stay consistent with where she wants to be.

captain planet

Veteran
Of course I want to grow out all the chem clones and all the star dawg clones.
For beans I feel like currently I would play with the GG4 crosses and the top dawg stuff.
Maybe some RD gear ..... But first things first focus on what I have

captain planet

Veteran
Currently, have 4 cuts waiting for roots, still just in fresh tap at 13 days, the stress I assume is holding them from throwing any roots, but for just sitting in plain tap, after a quick water rinse, and they still look ok, but I am going to give them a quick dunk under water in a cpl min to try to clean up some mites. I had another 4 in plain water somewhere else in the house that for almost a week didn't realize they were getting no light or light was getting turned off (bulb out) so they finally succumbed. My oldest 4 cuts sitting in perlite in water just finally passed and they were never dunked or cleaned down, but still was hoping to get 1-2 to root so upsetting.
Now the big over vegged looks better from the soap spray but is getting darn close to no nutes left and I just gave it another spray, so still can hopefully take some cuts from it, but maybe try to top feed with worm castings to. Since the larger one looked and handled the soap spray well, I sprayed down the one in the veg under the t5 and will take some cuts tomrw and clean up and then repot.
This is like the ultimate stress test, for the plants and for me :)
So I will take at least 4 more to go in plain water, 4 more to go in perlite and 4 more to get dipped in Olivia's and put in peat pucks, gotta do everything.

Were gonna get thru this together and tho embarresed I'm gonna show it, and own up, this is around 2 years of neglect at this point and allowing dry up till wilt a few times.

captain planet

Veteran
The last 4 cuts in just plain tap finally succumbed, they were cut before any spraying of the soap, the temp change in these parts I'm sure played a role, either way they had visual conglomerations of s. Mites on a few tips..... Assholes!
The 6 I took and dipped in Olivia's and into peat with domes, I decided to crack the dome last night after about a week and in about 24hrs they wilted and look to be goners.:/ The last 6 I put in perlite are still looking good, I still have the larger over vegged and the smaller that still needs to be up potted so still plenty of time but it's nerve racking not getting any cuts to root as of late. Next up I'm gonna try an aeroponic cloner and more perlite cuts and finish up the peat pucks I have too, which I may keep the dome on longer.
This is what's happening in captains world

captain planet

Veteran
Finally some good news and a weight off my shoulders! I went to my room to fill up my new aeroponic cloner to try yet another way and I checked on my 7 cuts in perlite and boom 4 with roots!!!

picture.php
picture.php

:woohoo:

captain planet

Veteran
Now not out of the woods yet, the 2 parents were just kept clean with a bronners/neem/essential oil spray, which just knocks those buggers back, so now get these guys established and clean the room real good and clean those 4 up good

captain planet

Veteran
Cpl days later and the rest rooted, man I thought I lost my "thumb"... Now safe to hack up the over vegged big glue, but gonna keep the smaller until these start putting off new growth in the cups, then SUPER clean, then another full GG4 run and maybe, just maybe some new genetics to play with !

captain planet

Veteran
I held off for a day or 2 on doing an avid spray bc I'm getting the wife and kids out to my mother in laws, so big clean up starts tmrw, I'm mixing a gallon of water to 1/4 tsp of avid , all to do just a few spritz on 6 clones in cups and one mother in a 2-3 gall pot, room will be sprayed down with 70%iso

captain planet

Veteran
Just for reference the clones that had roots from perlite and were potted in solo cups are just this past cpl days taking water. They grow quick now, but even I am surprised when I actually check the days it's about 20 days for them to be rooting the cups out and drinking and growing. They look like this ~20 days from putting in the cups

picture.php

captain planet

Veteran
I'm busy today setting up some new cuts, pics as they root so I don't get embarrassed :)
This morning was second avid spray after 3 days from first and I did the ISO spray down of the room. Happy and busy!

captain planet

Veteran
Ok cpl days with some new cuts, things ok. Now they made a small journey to me over 2 days in high 80 weather, they came out looking good but a lot were quickly Getting wilt while setting em up. I set most of them up the way I do best, mostly have 3-4 that way and extras went in to the aero cloner for test and backup. With that said the ones in the aero were mostly smaller "extras" so even with failure there I don't blame the cloner or anything. I recut the cuts under water and set them up, wondering if maybe I should have set them in cups of water for a few hours first, tho the perlite is basically sitting in water. I did toss one blue dream today that was completly wilted the other blue dreams look good.

Chem D top
GSC forum
Blue dream
picture.php

Star dawg (Corey) top
Sour Dubb
Ogkb 2.0
picture.php

captain planet

Veteran
Most of the ogkb 2.0s look like they suffered the most. I got a lot of Corey's also and the smaller ones in the aero look like that also. Def 1 good ogkb2.0 and def multiple good Corey's. We will see, I'll keep ya's updated

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
in the future when you get cuts like that stick them in a glass of water and put them in the fridge for a couple of hours,it normally perks them back up...