What's new

Cann's Organic No-Till Garden

invocation

5 gal bucket of FOOD GRADE glycerine

Tincture recipe is simple, I take a quart mason jar fill it was ground quality buds and sugar trim about 1 oz of 50/50. I fill the rest with vegetable glycerine and let it sit for minimum of 3 months. When it's done I strain it real good and then put in Pyrex to heat or activate for a few min. I use water double boiler method. I find it to be slightly better when decarb but that's not the way I've always made it. I used to skip that step. I think I bring it to about 175F or so.

Hope this helps

Cann

sweet...thanks y'all. durdy, i sent you a message about the hops, hope that helps resolve your issues!

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Hey (beer)Cann don't forget there are peeps waiting to see how the no till works out!... Wanna make the switch myself one of these days too!

Cann

whats up moses! make the switch! what you waiting for?

sorry i've been slacking on the updates...things have been super busy. school is wrapping up, spring is here so i'm in the veggie garden all day, been harvesting a few indoor plants so there is trimming work to do...etc. plus i have a girlfriend and a dog that I have to appease lol..can't just be on IC all day as much as I want to be...

gotta go work till the sun goes down. i'll be back for pics later.

things are stacking up nicely in the flower room although there has been a tiny bit of powdery mildew popping up...working on a way to take care of that ASAP. fucking TGA genetics....dank as hell, but no mildew resistance whatsoever. i'm in the desert for christsake!

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i hear ya durdy; i m having a hard time deciding what varieties myself

dunno though i may have to see if there is some rhizomes local here and try whatever there is

f@k'n shipping is more than the 3 or 4 varieties i want to plant and i already know how vigorous they are ~1 rhizome will overgrow you after a few years w/ good conditions

BTW; its awesome how loud those fans are cann {in the vid}

Cann

word those fans sound insane in the video....all that airflow yet I still have a mildew problem!

you can thank TGA and my dumb ass for that lol

:wallbash:

next....

invocation

Damn man didn't think it got so humid there. What's your level there? I must have some hardy TGA cause I've gotten in the 80s late flower with no issue during monsoon season running my old pheno of Plushberry and Ace of Spades. I don't pay attention too much cause my strains can take it but then again I live where is mostly arid all year round. Swamis shit will serve you right I'm sure ;)

hey cann,
do those lady bugs ever get stuck on those sticky traps? i didn't see any on there... i was always wondering if they would go after some of the dead bugs laying on the traps and end up stuck in the glue.

D

dogfishheadie

digging your mulch man, how's it working out with the living part? naysayers out there say clover is more of a zen thing in the garden, i'm thinking otherwise. let it grow, chop, drop, repeat.

Cann

jesus christ things are busy around here...

brewing beer all day...maybe i'll be back around later to update. chances are i'll fall asleep.

Cann

Damn man didn't think it got so humid there. What's your level there? I must have some hardy TGA cause I've gotten in the 80s late flower with no issue during monsoon season running my old pheno of Plushberry and Ace of Spades. I don't pay attention too much cause my strains can take it but then again I live where is mostly arid all year round. Swamis shit will serve you right I'm sure ;)

humidity levels are around 20% outside most of the time...its the desert ya know. inside my tent the levels range from 10% to 40%...higher if I have recently applied a foliar. surprisingly low for mildew to be an issue...i have no idea. all i know is i'm getting rid of a few TGA strains cause of it. plushberry I will keep cause its a huge yielder and people seem to love it. swamis shit will definitely serve me right :biggrin:

hey cann,
do those lady bugs ever get stuck on those sticky traps? i didn't see any on there... i was always wondering if they would go after some of the dead bugs laying on the traps and end up stuck in the glue.

nah, the lady bugs seem to do pretty well with the sticky traps. they have strong legs apparently...and they don't seem to be too tempted to eat the dead bugs..unsure why that is.

a few weeks ago I released some freshly hatched mantids in my flower room, and they proceeded to all get stuck to trichomes (ganjas natural sticky trap!) and die within 48 hrs. it was a pretty brutal scene to watch...lesson learned.

digging your mulch man, how's it working out with the living part? naysayers out there say clover is more of a zen thing in the garden, i'm thinking otherwise. let it grow, chop, drop, repeat.

its funny...i've been so busy the last few days that I haven't watered the flower room..my ladies are fine, but the mulch layer has mostly died :( :tumbleweed: apparently I need to water the top of the soil fairly often in order to let the clover establish...i'm sure once the clover gets larger it wouldn't be an issue, but mine were seedlings so.....

but besides that, the living mulch is awesome. i have 3lbs of clover seed lol...so i think its time to resow :) after a topdress of the EWC I just got out of my bins :dance013:

Cann

The Flav, Day 37. this is the plant with mildew the worst...i've been spraying everyone in the tent with horsetail tea every 2 or 3 days..seems to be working pretty damn well actually. after the first two applications, 90% of the visible mildew was gone. been picking off leaves here and there if they have visible spores...

not as worried anymore now that I know about this horsetail tea business

picture.php

more later. tired as hell....this has been my first real down time all day.

edit: sourband (sour d x headband) in the bottom left corner of the shot..one of 3 occupants of a 30 gallon smart pot. nice chunky buds already...no mildew even though its right next to the worst plant. pretty happy with this one...cut was gifted from a friend. we'll see how the smoke is

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wow; horsetail tea

i see some horsetail in wet areas around here and even gathered some for my compost last year~ good silica resource

but; apparently there is more to it than that

VortexPower420

Veteran
Damn Flavs they are the worst. I culled them reall quick from my garden. They didn't like any thing I did to them I had 2 great plants and others of varying degrees of shitty.

All in the same soil and all treated the same as everyone else.

Agent Orange and Jack the rippers are keepers for sure

Nice work

Timbuktu

hbj1891

Damn Flavs they are the worst. I culled them reall quick from my garden. They didn't like any thing I did to them I had 2 great plants and others of varying degrees of shitty.

All in the same soil and all treated the same as everyone else.

Agent Orange and Jack the rippers are keepers for sure

Nice work

Timbuktu

my jc2 is a bad bitch keeper for sure too.

shit still is lookin fire cann

Cann

either of you got pictures of those ladies? i have always loved the way that his jack crosses smelled...lemony cleaner pine sol etc. limonene i think it is?

anyway..i used to have a qleaner cut too, but it was really bad about mildew so I let it go. nice big frosty delicious buds, good growth structure, but shitty in regards to mildew...and thats in the desert! lol.

this will be the last run of the flav for me. i have about 6 vegging, i'm going to cull them or maybe sell them on craigslist :) cause none of the ones vegging have any mildew, they've been sprayed with neem/silica 2x weekly so theyre happy as can be. and i gotta pay an electric bill...

wow; horsetail tea

i see some horsetail in wet areas around here and even gathered some for my compost last year~ good silica resource

but; apparently there is more to it than that

Here is the thread I found that details how to make the tea I have been applying every few days. pretty sweet...a little bit expensive, but if you order the powder in bulk (a few lbs) its pretty damn affordable. worth it for being able to spray on day 38 :) lol. and i plan on spraying every few days for the rest of this cycle, the tea smells good actually..once it dries it kinda makes the room smell funky, but that may just be the tent...

hbj1891

either of you got pictures of those ladies? i have always loved the way that his jack crosses smelled...lemony cleaner pine sol etc. limonene i think it is?

anyway..i used to have a qleaner cut too, but it was really bad about mildew so I let it go. nice big frosty delicious buds, good growth structure, but shitty in regards to mildew...and thats in the desert! lol.

this will be the last run of the flav for me. i have about 6 vegging, i'm going to cull them or maybe sell them on craigslist :) cause none of the ones vegging have any mildew, they've been sprayed with neem/silica 2x weekly so theyre happy as can be. and i gotta pay an electric bill...

Here is the thread I found that details how to make the tea I have been applying every few days. pretty sweet...a little bit expensive, but if you order the powder in bulk (a few lbs) its pretty damn affordable. worth it for being able to spray on day 38 :) lol. and i plan on spraying every few days for the rest of this cycle, the tea smells good actually..once it dries it kinda makes the room smell funky, but that may just be the tent...
didnt get great pics this round as i had to do all the trimmin myself, the wife usually does the majority of it... it is the frostiest of the strains i just got done growing which included julius caesar, moonshine haze, sour d and purple diesel.

VortexPower420

Veteran
I Agree the Jack the rippers are the frostiest strain I have ever run. Trichs down the stem add all of the way out the leaves.

Just narley... heres som pics at chop, haven't got to smoke any yet I can't wait.

I didn't take any pics of the flavs. they weren't worth the energy.

Latest posts

Latest posts