What's new

Cannabis is getting cheaper in Canada!

Rider420

And not a single one of them died from smoking weed.

Who said anything about street cannabis? You think gangs and the black market are the only other source? Grow up.

Haven't needed it in 40 years.

"Overall, the rate of death from toxic drugs in B.C. alone is 46 per 100,000 individuals."

B.C.’s coroner says drug toxicity is the leading cause of death in the province for those aged 10 to 59, far larger than homicides, suicides, accidents and natural diseases combined.

And your buying your weed from the same black market dealers that has caused so many deaths? Do you really believe that most illict cannabis growers and dealers care about anything other then thier profit?

While contaminated cannabis won't kill you it can make you wish you were dead.

Like those who believe that they have CMS because they threw up after smoking some illict weed that was sprayed with Myclobutanil just before harvest.

Myclobutanil turns into hydrogen cyanide when smoked causing the same symptoms as CVS.

Respiratory effects: respiratory tract irritation, difficulty breathing or shortness of breath (dyspnea), and transient increase in the rate and depth of breathing (hyperpnea). GI effects: nausea and vomiting (emesis). Severe: CNS effects: coma, seizures, and dilated pupils (mydriasis).

Long-term (chronic) effects – Long-term exposures to low levels of cyanide may result in breathing difficulties, eye irritation, chest and/or heart pain, vomiting, loss of appetite, headaches, nosebleeds and enlargement of the thyroid gland (goiter).

"If a physician is still unsure which syndrome their patient has, it is best for the patient to abstain from cannabis use. If this causes symptoms to stop, then it is likely CHS. If symptoms continue, then it could be CVS.

The only difference between CVS and CHS is if you smoke cannabis. CVS has exactly the same symptoms as CHS but no one knows what causes CVS. What a joke but life is full of naïve people.

Last edited:

Blue Rhino

"Overall, the rate of death from toxic drugs in B.C. alone is 46 per 100,000 individuals."

B.C.’s coroner says drug toxicity is the leading cause of death in the province for those aged 10 to 59, far larger than homicides, suicides, accidents and natural diseases combined.

And your buying your weed from the same black market dealers that has caused so many deaths? Do you really believe that most illict cannabis growers and dealers care about anything other then thier profit?

Like those who believe that they have CMS because they threw up after smoking some illict weed that was sprayed with Myclobutanil just before harvest.

Myclobutanil turns into hydrogen cyanide when smoked causing the same symptoms as CVS.

Respiratory effects: respiratory tract irritation, difficulty breathing or shortness of breath (dyspnea), and transient increase in the rate and depth of breathing (hyperpnea). GI effects: nausea and vomiting (emesis). Severe: CNS effects: coma, seizures, and dilated pupils (mydriasis).

Long-term (chronic) effects – Long-term exposures to low levels of cyanide may result in breathing difficulties, eye irritation, chest and/or heart pain, vomiting, loss of appetite, headaches, nosebleeds and enlargement of the thyroid gland (goiter).

"If a physician is still unsure which syndrome their patient has, it is best for the patient to abstain from cannabis use. If this causes symptoms to stop, then it is likely CHS. If symptoms continue, then it could be CVS.

The only difference between CVS and CHS is if you smoke cannabis. CVS has exactly the same symptoms as CHS but no one knows what causes CVS. What a joke but life is full of naïve people.
You really don't listen to anyone but you're own blathering do you. I said there are alternative sources OTHER than the black market. I also like how you're trying to equate the failure of full decriming of all drugs in BC to black market cannabis. Give it a rest.

aqualungs

Do you even grow bro? Had to say it, I live in Canada and will never buy my Cannabis from one of those stores.

You are claiming black market growers kill folks? Most are concerned about growing top quality unless you source from organized crime.

I have to say no matter how low they drop their prices I will never oblige. Even if they were giving it away I would still choose to grow my own.

You come off like a government official or Health Canada representative over here on a grow forum touting health and safety to people who grow their own for that exact reason. Kind of funny, to me anyways 😆 lol.

Blue Rhino

FROM AN ONTARIO PERSPECTIVE

Well, it's been a year of buying from the legal market and I must say, what a fucking waste of time and money. Let's see how that year went. There was bug infested weed. I don't mean a bug or two, I mean an infestation. Lots of botrytis for sale too. Mmmm mmm smokin mould. Short counts. A market that's 90% trips or worse and LPs who don't give a shit about their absolute shitty products.

On one reload I picked up an oz and thought "Huh, I'll grab a couple of grams of SKOSHA's Crab Cakes and make it an even 30grams. Those Crap Cakes bruised my soul. The 1st gram was made up of 18 tiny, little bud turds. On the "plus" side it weighed 1.02g. The second gram was made up of 11 slightly larger little bud turds. Two grams, 29 little pieces of weed. And to top it off it was all dry as fuck. Turned to dust the second I tried to break it up. No amount of rehydration was bringing it back from the dead. I've had dealers in the legacy days that would have been fucking embarrassed to sell that shit. Then again, no one would have been stupid enough to buy it if you could actually SEE what you're buying without tearing the packaging open AFTER you bought it. SKOSHA sure didn't try to make it right either. They're also far from the only LP with a "fuck you" attitude towards the consumer.
Don't get me wrong, there's some decent LPs and weed on the legal market but it's overpriced and most of it is only available in 3.5g sizes.

If you want ozs you're stuck with total garbage brands like Parcel, Wagner, Tweed, Spinach, Pure Sunfarms, and holy shit the list goes on and on and on. One Brand, BC OZ touts itself as providing "craft" cannabis. To me, "craft" means looks good, smells and tastes amazing and lights me up like a Christmas tree. BC OZ does none of those.

And that seems to be another major issue with corporate weed. Blk Mkt is a prime example. Their shit is Instagram "boutique" weed for cannasnobs. Looks beautiful, smells and tastes fantastic and that's where the ride ends. Seems there's a lot of dopes out there who don't care how good the weed is as long as it looks purty and smells and tastes like a bakery. Fuck the bakery man, bring back the shit that tastes like burnt rubber and fish.

There were some standouts though. Albeit few and far between. As such, once again I must say adios to the predominantly crappy corporate weed market.

I mean buddy can defend it all he wants but since he claims he grows his own and doesn't buy legal market weed he's just talking out of his ass.

The fact is, the legal market is actually fucking shadier than the illicit market. The bait & switch crap needs to end. Sick of new LPs entering the game, selling some pretty decent shit for the first few batches and then putting out absolute garbage after that. Although to be fair sometimes it's a result of them being bought up by some corporate hacks who then end up turning the decent weed into shit weed while trying to profit from the original LP's good will.
Because nothing represents the cannabis culture like corporate greed and shareholder profits.

Oh well, luckily I was recently introduced to a highly recommended grower who has agreed to be my designated medical grower. Thank the gods because the legal supply is predominantly crap in Ontario and I'd prefer to keep my usage legal if I can.

aqualungs

@Rider420
I should add I have worked at 2 legal cultivations, what do you think the owner’s/shareholder’s care about if it is not money?

I saw so many bad practices and countless amounts of sprayed chemicals trying to control issues caused by people jumping into a new realm of business chasing money. Not willing to listen or pay those with experience enough to keep them, they don’t care about money though right?

I quit one and was fired from the second due to what I had to say to management.

You sir are brainwashed by a government and it is working, clearly.

Wagner’s used to be JWC, started by the family. The grandson was CEO of the original corporation and was fired from the company he started. He proceeded to make his way from Ontario to Newfoundland where he was made head of Innovation and Research at Atlantic Cultivation. This is where he resides now, he couldn’t grow anything worth while in Ontario so the local rich teamed up on a grow and hired this gentleman. Chased out of one grow that he started but welcomed down here by a group that are just in it for the money. There are qualified growers in province but they chose to bring in an “All-Star” team of rejects from Ontario.

I love Ontario and everyone from there but this goof is just that, a guy in a sport coat who can’t spend more than 30 min. In a grow room before complaining of shoulder or back pain.

Atlantic markets Naked Mummer, Crooked Dory and some other white label brands, the only thing grown in house is Naked Mummer. Just a little tid bit of what is happening down here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rgd

Blue Rhino

Ugh, Wagner's. The epitome of corporate bunk weed.

There are some standouts in the market that I got to experience. Frost Cannabis is an Ontario micro-grower with rotating strains. I can say I have never been disappointed with their weed. The price on the other hand is a killer.

Valhalla Flwr was another one. The don't just grow weed, they grow works of art. Beautiful, tasty works of art that get you where you wanna be.

The problem is, the really good shit tends to only be sold in 3.5g formats and I'm a 2 oz a month consumer. I'm not paying $300+ for one oz of weed. Especially when street prices around here are still an amusing $250/oz.

There was one strain I bought every time I reloaded. MTL's Wes' Coast Kush. It wasn't super duper weed but it really kicked the shit out of my neuropathy. It did have a pretty decent high though and it had some legs. But, they fucked it up. Normally that shit curls your nose hairs when you take a good whiff of it but the last batch I bought smelled and tasted nothing like all the other jars I bought over the last year. Plus it didn't do shit for my neuropathy although it did produce a better high. But that ain't why I was buying it and I can find better weed for rec use elsewhere.

Overall I found with many brands and strains that consistency was a problem. I mean yeah, it's a biological/agricultural product so there's going to be variations between batches but putting out crap that they KNOW is crap is just legalized theft. I mean talk about caveat emptor. You're not even allowed to see the fucking product before you buy it.

And circling back to Wagner's and about 90% of the LPs out there, they shouldn't even be in business because they have no business being in the industry. Although they do provide consistent product at least. Too bad it's consistently shitty.

The provincial govt needs to get the hell out of the way. Screw being a seller and just let the B&M shops source their own legal supplies. That would help weed out the race to the bottom crap-fest in Canada's cannabis industry.

Latest posts

Latest posts