What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis is getting cheaper in Canada!

Rider420

If we look at all the "legal Cannabis" places ..... especially the US states that were early adopters of regulated decrimminalization..... ie michigan, california, colorado..... what do we currently see happening to the marketplace?
Exact same thing that is happening in Canuckistan..... weed is getting cheaper.
This is not by some government decision.
LOL cannabis is only getting cheaper where governments have legalized it. Unlike me you would rather people were still getting arrested and jailed for cannabis and for it to remain costly, this only makes sense if you profit from it rather then enjoy it.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Love your math dude rolling 7 joints from one gram and each being about 1/3 gram each eh. Wow dude your a joke.

Only if u quote out of the context.

Grams were $10 but you could get anywhere from 5-7 joints out of a gram if you kept them to about 1/3g each. Back then where I lived grams weren't weighed, they were eyeballed in front of you, usually in the tinfoil you get in a pack of cigarettes.

Blue Rhino

Love your math dude rolling 7 joints from one gram and each being about 1/3 gram each eh. Wow dude your a joke.
Allow me to introduce you to the concept of context. Here is what I said.
"Oh I know. Back in my early years of toking, joints were $2 ea. Or you could get 3 for $5 or 6 for $10.
Grams were $10 but you could get anywhere from 5-7 joints out of a gram if you kept them to about 1/3g each. Back then where I lived grams weren't weighed, they were eyeballed in front of you, usually in the tinfoil you get in a pack of cigarettes."

"Grams weren't weighed, they were eyeballed in front of you" would be the relevant context here.

Blue Rhino

Sure when most people believed the world was flat it was flat eh. Or when most people were against cannabis it was more harmful then tobacco or alcohol they were right then too eh. :rolleyes: And climate change is not real as long as the majority agrees that it's not. And when the Nazis ran Germany those who opposed them were the problem.

If you mindless follow the herd you will never be happy but that is just KARMA in action.
Dude, you keep running over your dogma with your karma. And seeing as how you seem to have missed it, it was the Liberals who prohibited cannabis in Canada 100 years ago. Cannabis was an illicit, controlled substance for 95 years because of the Liberals and you want everyone to kiss Liberal ass because after 95 years they finally repealed the prohibition on it?

As for your weed is cheaper repetition and mindless follow the herd blithering, weed is cheaper on the legal market if you don't mind smoking shitty weed like Tweed or Spinach or Pure Sunfarms etc. The good weed is NOT cheaper. Most of it is sold in 3.5g bags only. I buy an oz at a time. If I have to buy eight 3.5g bags that puts a lot of the good shit north of $400/oz after tax. I've smoked some killer bud over 35+ years but I've NEVER paid anywhere close to $400/oz, ever. Even when I can find quarters of the good bud it's still going to run me around $350/oz after tax.
The MOST I have ever paid for an oz is $250 and it was fucking choice bud.

Blue Rhino

Well, legalization sure has become a joke. It started out with over-priced shitty weed. While the quality has gotten better, the legal industry is getting greedier and more dishonest. Greatly exaggerated THC levels, over-inflated terpene levels, failure to keep product information up to date, short-weighted bags, and I don't mean a bit short, I mean several grams short on larger quantities.

Just like everything else the Trudopians have touched, this too has turned into shit. There's more honour and integrity in the grey market ffs.

Rider420

Smoking a legal joint with my peeps, its so much fun to watch a 70 year old smoke a joint for the first time.

"In 2021, roughly one in three people in B.C. (32%) reported having used cannabis in the past 12 months – an increase from 28% in 2018. 5 This increase is consistent with the finding that 4% of all respondents reported that they used cannabis for the first time since it became legal."

Enjoying life and helping others, it just sucks to be a Liberal eh :giggle: while Conservatives whine and blame everyone else for the fact they are miserable. You just have to love KARMA.

Blue Rhino

Smoking a legal joint with my peeps, its so much fun to watch a 70 year old smoke a joint for the first time.

"In 2021, roughly one in three people in B.C. (32%) reported having used cannabis in the past 12 months – an increase from 28% in 2018. 5 This increase is consistent with the finding that 4% of all respondents reported that they used cannabis for the first time since it became legal."

Enjoying life and helping others, it just sucks to be a Liberal eh :giggle: while Conservatives whine and blame everyone else for the fact they are miserable. You just have to love KARMA.
And once again Rider wants Canadians to kiss the ass of the party that banned cannabis 100 years ago and turned tokers into criminals for 95 years.

Tynehead Tom

ya maybe our resident trudeau lover can tell us why the liberal party's health canada is taking 8 months to process prescription renewals. My buddy sent his renewal last october and almost 8 months to the day he finally gets it in the mail. Mine is going on 6 months now and on the phone they tell me I can keep growing in the meantime LOL
That's trudeau's "legalization" at work.
punk ass bitch of a prime minister running a dog and pony show of idiot mps and government workers too concerned about being woke enough over actually pushing the paper they are paid by the tax payer to push.
Clown world we live in

Brother Nature

Sure when most people believed the world was flat it was flat eh. Or when most people were against cannabis it was more harmful then tobacco or alcohol they were right then too eh. :rolleyes: And climate change is not real as long as the majority agrees that it's not. And when the Nazis ran Germany those who opposed them were the problem.

If you mindless follow the herd you will never be happy but that is just KARMA in action.
But you know what dude, people are going to have a different opinion than you and that's ok. Just because someone doesn't view something the same as you doesn't mean they're an enemy. This site is about cannabis, it's a site for discussion, learning, and growth (pun intended :watchplant:). All sorts of people are going to be here and in this industry, black market and legal, it's a lot more beneficial to talk about the thing that bring us together and help us grow than the things that divide and piss us off.

Blue Rhino

LOL cannabis is only getting cheaper where governments have legalized it. Unlike me you would rather people were still getting arrested and jailed for cannabis and for it to remain costly, this only makes sense if you profit from it rather then enjoy it.
Remain costly? Legal weed is the most expensive of the three markets you dip shit. Unless you get off smoking crappy mid-trips and worse.
Let me explain how stupid you sound. Back in the illegal days there were two groups of people in it to make money, the growers and the dealers. Today you have the growers, the distributors, provincial govts, the retailers, the investors and the Fed all wanting their cut. And yet you think that's going to make weed cheaper? Despite the fact that there's now SIX distinct groups of people in it for the profit instead of two.

Dude, I know you're enjoying the legal weed and other drugs that were stupidly legalized in BC but you should give yourself a break from them for a bit because it's fucking up your ability to think logically or coherently.

Last edited:

Blue Rhino

And it's back to the grey market I go. Dropped $450 on 1.75 ozs at the local brick and mortar shop a couple of weeks ago. What a fucking disappointment. Purchased a single oz and 6 different strains in 3.5g format.
The oz was not great. Typical low to mid-trips crap. It hit decently at first but the buzz doesn't really last. And after a few days of smoking it was just a case of rapidly diminishing returns. I still have about 8-9g of it. It might make decent stock for edibles.
Of the 6 other strains only 2 were really any good. One of which admittedly was fantastic. It still wasn't as good as what I'm smoking right now though but it IS more expensive.

The WORST offender was Blkmkt's Purple Rain. Based solely on looks, smell and taste it's quad quality bud. However the high was more like... well it just wasn't there. Caught a slight buzz for maybe an hour and that was it. And the fuckers have the nerve to charge $42.50 for 3.5g.
But then there's 'Crooked Dory'. These scumbags have the unmitigated gall to market their shit as "craft cannabis". Yeah, fuck off, that's like calling 'Lucky' beer craft beer. But at least Lucky beer gets you drunk. Crooked Dory's gorilla lemon whatever shit was absolute bunk. Not even suitable for making edibles.

All legalization is doing is making a bunch of Liberal cronies and investors rich while fucking up a wonderful gift from nature. There's no true legacy strains on the market either. There's pale imitations of Pink Kush and Master Kush Ultra but they are not the same as the legacy versions (although I will give props to BC Black (Smoker Farms) for their Master Kush Ultra for being close). There's an "Acapulco Gold" on the market but it's not real AG because there's no such thing as a real sativa up here anymore. Everything is a hybrid. Even stuff that's marketed as "sativa" is just a sativa-dominant hybrid.

I think what started the downward spiral (which was as soon as legalization happened) was the govt having an issue with many of the legacy strain names and so gave the LP's licence to re-name them with their own proprietary name. Which in turned also started them hybridizing like fucking mad scientists so they could create their own proprietary strains, leading to a LOT of garbage.
Yep, now cannabis in Canada is all about profits and and intellectual property, and mass produced garbage weed. What a shame.

Rider420

Enjoying my new freedoms at a much lower price then what I used to buy on the black market and to boot watching criminals lose thier cash cows. KARMA in action baby.
Best of luck with your misery over the new laws, no one has any plans to change them.

Blue Rhino

Enjoying my new freedoms at a much lower price then what I used to buy on the black market and to boot watching criminals lose thier cash cows. KARMA in action baby.
Best of luck with your misery over the new laws, no one has any plans to change them.
If you're paying a much lower price today, you're either buying boof or you were getting fucked right over by your dealer.
So what strains/brands are you smoking and what are you paying for them? You talk a lot of bullshit but never seem to back it up so here's your chance. Wow me, big guy.

Tynehead Tom

you know what is amazing???
If you put that clown on ignore..... his bullshit trudeau lovin posts don't show up.... not even when someone else quotes him.
It's truly like he doesn't even exist anymore...... all you have to do is use that ignore function. It's a beautiful thing.

Blue Rhino

If you put that clown on ignore..... his bullshit trudeau lovin posts don't show up.... not even when someone else quotes him.
It's truly like he doesn't even exist anymore...... all you have to do is use that ignore function. It's a beautiful thing.
Yeah I could, but A) I do so enjoy trolling ALT-left garbage. And B) I like busting the propaganda of ALT-left garbage.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
. all you have to do is use that ignore function. It's a beautiful thing.
^truth^ but, you have to use it sparingly. you have to be a real horses ass to make it onto my list. there are about a dozen or so that i very rarely agree with on here. but...they are respectful & can usually show their thought processes and reasoning as the conversation unfolds. and none of them are dickheads about everything. most have true skills in one dept or another RE growing/curing of cannabis, or 'shroom knowledge. i bite the bullet and ignore the BS to avoid losing out on the good stuff they provide. you don't want to cut your nose off to spite your face, as the old saying goes...if they truly are an ass all the way through, they normally don't last in the long term. most i have "ignored" eventually were banned from the site for their actions. problem solved...

Reactions: Rgd

Rider420

You got to love KARMA and how mad and angry some people are sure that its someone or something else's fault. Their glass will always be half empty and the grass always greener over the hill.
Life is great my glass is half full and I have everything I ever wanted! :cool:

Either I'm very well adjusted understand my needs and have met them all or God loves me. :devilish:

Rider420

Run away chicken little thanks for proving my point about conservatives. Just children throwing a temper tantrum whenever they don't get thier way they start sticking thier fingers in thier ears while chanting. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Latest posts