What's new

13 weeks so is she ready to cut ?

Vondetour

Well it's been 13 weeks now and she looks great, do you think she's ready to cut and dry ?.
IMG_20240519_064436.jpg
IMG_20240519_064427.jpg
IMG_20240519_064415.jpg

Vondetour

They will be more done. I wouldn't chop yet. I'd give them at least a couple more weeks, probably longer. Those things could probably swell up more. Is it 13 weeks from the start or since it started flowering.
13 weeks since the plant popped out of the soil and it started to flower 39 days ago. Well it started to flower back on 8 april.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
So you're looking at 5'ish weeks of flowering, not 13. When folks mention how many weeks (and is it done?) they're referring to the number of weeks since the lighting was changed to a 'flowering' cycle. Outdoor grows generally start counting 'flowering' from the time pistils begin forming regularly.

Vondetour

So you're looking at 5'ish weeks of flowering, not 13. When folks mention how many weeks (and is it done?) they're referring to the number of weeks since the lighting was changed to a 'flowering' cycle. Outdoor grows generally start counting 'flowering' from the time pistils begin forming regularly.
Sorry I did not mentioned this is a autoflower growing inside a tent but thanks for the information.

Shua1991

I see burnt tips, swollen(like autopollenated/hermed) calyxs, do you want seeds or flowers? Most autos start at week 6-7, so in a week he will be a week into flushing(7-8 weeks into flowering) and I'd say around a week+ a few days is good for harvest, those hairs are all pollenated. If you want high narcotic effects/high cbn then 1 month is probably best but I do see some seeds and that will be fully formed by then and even now bits of amber thou liss and even noticeable.

Last edited:

PadawanWarrior

Funny you said 4 weeks, I read how northern lights auto can take as long as 120 days. 4 more weeks would be 120 days, so what happens if i dont harvest when it should be harvested.
It's really hard to harvest too late. Most people chop too early if you ask me. I would give it some P and let it go. It looks pretty good so it should make it another 4 weeks or so.

goingrey

Funny you said 4 weeks, I read how northern lights auto can take as long as 120 days. 4 more weeks would be 120 days, so what happens if i dont harvest when it should be harvested.
Lower yield, lower potency, shorter duration of high if harvested early. If harvested late, THC degrades to CBN (the amber trichomes) which results in a more tiring effect. Peak THC potency is when most trichomes are milky, not many clear anymore and not too many amber yet.

Shua1991

I fed them FoxFarm Tiger Bloom, cal mag and big bloom just yesterday.
Are you planning to grow the s1 seeds(copies?) If so, then a few more weeks is necessary. I wouldn't caution against that unless you want more smokable flowers. Seeds have more value IMO, but you may not even like the smoke enough post harvest to even grow them, so it's a gamble.