What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CANNABIS DNA PROJECT

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Unless I am mistaken you did not send samples to me?
If so on what date?
-SamS

I think it may have been a mistake i took part in this ......... 14 months later and no info on my submissions ....

And the galaxy also just a big jumble of unverified strains that locks up your comp trying to even open it to make any sense of it .... hum .....

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
If you do not send in samples then complain about the time what can I say?
I am still collecting samples I prefer a leaf so I worried donators can be sure I just want the DNA info from the dead leaf. To all those that sent me in seeds, I will try and speed up Phylos to extract all the samples I have so far untested, several hundred maybe 5 times what Phylos has tested so far from me 111. That and I insisted that they make the Galaxy searchable by the Phylos ID number, each sample so far submitted by me and sequenced has one, then it will be easy to see your sample #. Right now you can't. You can look at the 100 or so I submitted and find your sample by variety name, maybe? I am sorry for the delay and the Galaxy lack of clarity, but until more landraces are in the Galaxy it will be hard to use it for what I wanted, evolution studies. I will still keep trying to make it better and more user friendly.
And a big thank you to those who helped so far, I have all the other samples in a safe cold place until the DNA can be extracted and sent to Phylos in the USA. They will all receive a Phylos ID # when DNA is extracted and I will PM everyone that donated, with your ID#'s. Phylos has to do it (extract the DNA) to be able to send the DNA legally to the USA to be sequenced for the Galaxy.
-SamS

Last edited:

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Did you send me seeds? What date?
-SamS

Didn't send but I've personally handed a bunch of different seeds to you and Clarke when I visited you guys in Amsterdam, November 2014.

Many of the african samples at the Phylos Galaxy came originally from Charlie Garcia and myself, including 3 different landraces from Angola, Senegal, Gambia, Ghana, Tanzania, several different Ethiopian samples and so on.

This is one of my most interesting samples, since it shows an interesting inmediate familiar relationship with many other African landraces, as well as another inmediate relation to the Paraguay and Nicaragua samples from Charlie, proving that Central African genetics were actually present in South America:

picture.php

Apart from that, Phylos Galaxy didn't really fulfil my expectations, so I guess I'll keep focusing on my own landrace research projects and ideas.

:tiphat:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Correct, I just looked at my mail list and did not see you. Charlie with your help has been the biggest donator, Dubi is maybe second with the samples that have been sequenced, again I thank everyone that is trying to help, it takes longer, and is far from perfect but the more samples of landraces, be they Hashish, Ganja, Wild, Hemp, landraces from each traditional Cannabis country the better the Galaxy will become. Then Cannabis relationships and evolution may well begin to be understood. That is what RCC and I are working for.
-SamS

Didn't send but I've personally handed a bunch of different seeds to you and Clarke when I visited you guys in Amsterdam, November 2014.

Many of the african samples at the Phylos Galaxy came originally from Charlie Garcia and myself, including 3 different landraces from Angola, Senegal, Gambia, Ghana, Tanzania, several different Ethiopian samples and so on.

This is one of my most interesting samples, since it shows an interesting inmediate familiar relationship with many other African landraces, as well as another inmediate relation to the Paraguay and Nicaragua samples from Charlie, proving that Central African genetics were actually present in South America:

View Image

Apart from that, Phylos Galaxy didn't really fulfil my expectations, so I guess I'll keep focusing on my own landrace research projects and ideas.

:tiphat:

Manivelle

Veteran
please sam make an efforts to lists (and mark) as much as you can of the 100% sure verified sample . like archeological, your own verified sample etc.. .
because the renaming , crossing, and the "upgrading" of some landraces can be a disaster for the reserch and for the truth..
thx for the work

Hrpuffnkush

Golden Coast
Veteran
Update , i did some my own research ... i would like to appogise to phylos .... my stuff was enterend under a different name and the stuff entered was label correctly or just partially , it made it tought to find them in galaxy ..... phylos did not do the labeling... they were submitted in 4/16 and tested 11/16 ,

After seeing results , i am happy i sent stuff in ... sam you see the 1979 skunk#1#2#3 ;)

I reccomend other do same specially if you think your stuff ir rare or unique

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I am just happy you got results even if slower then expected.
-SamS

Update , i did some my own research ... i would like to appogise to phylos .... my stuff was enterend under a different name and the stuff entered was label correctly or just partially , it made it tought to find them in galaxy ..... phylos did not do the labeling... they were submitted in 4/16 and tested 11/16 ,

After seeing results , i am happy i sent stuff in ... sam you see the 1979 skunk#1#2#3 ;)

I reccomend other do same specially if you think your stuff ir rare or unique

Hrpuffnkush

Golden Coast
Veteran
Same here , i applogise for being a jerk if i came off that way , i was getting frustrated it had been so long with any info ... i see what happened now , no biggie

C

Columbo

Hi Sam_Skunkman,

Are you still looking for landrace samples for the Cannabis DNA project? I have some dried flowers and leaves from one male and one female plant of Gypsy Nirvana's Laos Luang Prabang seeds collected in 2007 or 2008 if you're interested.

Also is the Laos that has already been submitted from the same Gypsy Nirvana collection or is it an entirely different seed lot?

https://testing.phylosbioscience.com/node/results/eg5vpe5o

Thanks

Hrpuffnkush

Golden Coast
Veteran
Update , roller coaster ride full of up and downs .... i found the persons reports that submitted my samples too , but they were listed incorrectly , so i cant make any since of them ...
ites been a month and a half since i sent an email to person who submitted them just asking for correct listing info to go off of , but no response as of yet ..lol

Im curious if anyone can submit these to Phylos , Sam why did you and your partner ask to be sent to them , and listed under your names instead of individuals that submitted them ... would have help with all this confusion that im dealing with and others ive spoken too are in same situation ..... and they submitted of 40 samples over ago at same time as my samples and still has not recived any information .....

Kinda dissapointing ... and doesnt help me or others to want to send in more of the type of genetics that is needed ......

If you happen to talk with your partner can you let him know ive sent him a couple emails ....
Thanks

C

Columbo

Anyone can submit samples to Phylos for a fee. There's at least one other company doing a similar thing. If you want them done for free I guess it's only available thru Sam_S.

Let me know if you still want those Gypsy Nirvana Laos Luang Prabang samples Sam_S. They seem fairly true to type.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Sure why not? PM me.
-SamS

Anyone can submit samples to Phylos for a fee. There's at least one other company doing a similar thing. If you want them done for free I guess it's only available thru Sam_S.

Let me know if you still want those Gypsy Nirvana Laos Luang Prabang samples Sam_S. They seem fairly true to type.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Update , roller coaster ride full of up and downs .... i found the persons reports that submitted my samples too , but they were listed incorrectly , so i cant make any since of them ...
ites been a month and a half since i sent an email to person who submitted them just asking for correct listing info to go off of , but no response as of yet ..lol

Im curious if anyone can submit these to Phylos , Sam why did you and your partner ask to be sent to them , and listed under your names instead of individuals that submitted them ... would have help with all this confusion that im dealing with and others ive spoken too are in same situation ..... and they submitted of 40 samples over ago at same time as my samples and still has not recived any information .....

Kinda dissapointing ... and doesnt help me or others to want to send in more of the type of genetics that is needed ......

If you happen to talk with your partner can you let him know ive sent him a couple emails ....
Thanks

Excuse me not seeing this earlier but I have been very busy on personal work, and had no free time at all.
I am not sure who submitted 40 samples to whom? PM me your question? I submitted the samples from me, and from those that gave me samples to submit to Phylos, with Phylos ID numbers, I did this so it would be easy to have a way to check your samples without revealing your name, address, email, etc. It was my understanding from Phylos that Phylos would allow an easy search function on the Galaxy that would allow sample ID numbers to be searched for, but this has not happened yet. If anyone wants me to contact Phylos and change the sample from me to their name, contact me and I will try for you, be sure you want this kind of info public. So far no one has asked, and in the future the Phylos ID Number I gave will be searchable. That is maybe the best solution, and I am sorry for the wait, it is out of my personal control, but I hope the Galaxy will be corrected to include search by ID Number.
I still have many samples not yet numbered or submitted as only the extracted DNA can be legally sent to the USA. But step by step they will all be numbered and DNA extracted and sent to the USA. I will send each person that submitted samples their ID sample numbers when the sample has the DNA extracted.
-SamS

Last edited:
C

Columbo

Sure why not? PM me.
-SamS

Sweet! Sams the man! At least that's what they say in the 'dam! Lol

I'll PM you soon. Just got to get a few more posts first.

Btw Can you tell me anything about the Lao that was already submitted?

Thank-you

ULMW

Greetings Sam, Pray you are well and have received my Ethiopian Landrace seed contribution. Best wishes. Happy growing!

Latest posts

Latest posts