What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CALL of DUTY 4.

thcbound

I was thinking of starting to play this game, I just got my second 8800GTX for sli and I need a few new games to play. I'm a pretty good FPS player but not many people are playing UT3 which is my fav game and I'm thinking about getting into CoD4 because its so popular. I'm just worried that this game will be too much like Battlefield or Quake Wars rather than the fast reflex based games like the less popular Quake or UT style that I prefer.

Also whats the learning curve like? I know there is leveling up which im not a huge fan of. Doesnt seem fair that more experienced players get better weapons/upgrades, but ill be willing to learn.

Endo

IcMag Resident Comic Relief
Veteran
its pretty easy to pick up. the level up part isnt a big deal, it just gives you incentive to keep playing the game. one weapon is not really better than the other just diffrent. personally like like m14 rifle with red dot, two shots and your down. i can comfortably play cod then take a break and pick up ut3 with no problem i can play both. MULTIKILL! the new maps are freakin awesome by the way. creek is great and the tv station is awesome, chinatown got me lost alot, and for some reason killhouse was never on the rotation. worth pickin up though.

oh wow don't i look like a nerd....2 posts in a row lol

Decided to finally hit that prestige button last night..cool that you still keep all the game types tho...head quarters and sabotage let you just fly through the first 20 some ranks...

Has anyone played the new maps yet? how are they, i dont really feel like paying for them tho...

N_G

Endo

Veteran
i like the new maps, just take some getting used to, the only one i still have trouble with is china town, theres just so many angles on everything. creek is a nice sniper map, and tv station is pretty good to. killhouse, the smaller maps ia really good for fast deathmatch action. all and all not a bad map pack, i was on last night for a while, i dont think you were on though. pretty sure you have my gt, hit me up. im level 53 right now, i doubt im going to do prestige cause in effect really does nothin for me. plus i love the mp44 its a beast. and all the perks, hell nah im not giving that up.!!!

later

Last edited:

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
whats prestige? Im level 51 right now, had ta send my xbox in ta get fixed though...for the third time :wallbash:

Lucky 7

COD 4 >> on PC . . . (See me as Gaz)current time sink, cutting into my half life multiplayer, looking at getting Crysis lol U wags!!

Endo

Veteran
the mp44 is rape.. i dont care of you dont get sites with it..... its just bad ass!

m@rg

go on .. pull my finger
ICMag Donor
Veteran
not played the new gta,but based on the last few gta, id choose c.o.d everytime

:joint:

thekingofNY

Cannasseur
this thread just caused me to pack a bong and go play some CSS...
i used to be addicted for a long time... played since like beta 3? before that it was action quake2... best FPS ever still!

this shall be fun... i used to get accused of hacking all the time too... whoever said that,

Endo

Veteran
the Rock said:
try WOT4 (waste of time 4) or GALL4 (get a life loser 4)
yo whats your beef? you need some GTH:N (go to hell:now) :joint:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts