What's new

California does NOT need any more GROWERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree completely with the OP. If you can grow really good weed you will always have customers. Yes California is not cheap, but the place can't be beat. I golf in Jan in my shorts, and then the next day snowboard in Big Bear, and then the next day go to the beach. And why do most of you care about the taxes, your not claiming your profits anyway. California needs good people and if you happen to grow good weed you will do just fine. You may not get rich but you could definitely live a stress free life and not have to freak out about going to prison for having a joint. You just need a plan and some reserves to get you started. If your dream is to grow weed in California don't let anyone on this site deter you from your dream. Plus alot of the folks your competing against have no business sense at all, I bet you ask Dongle, krunchbubble, folks like that, they never have a prob selling there crop. Good indoor always has plenty of folks buying. Plus you can do clones/seeds, and if you do it right you will plenty of folks wanting your stuff.

Your first grow you can buy your stuff off CL and do it pretty cheap. You might have to settle for a home in the IE for the south or sac for the north, but you can find reasonable rents if you leave the city's. Overall I think the north has much cheaper prices due to the large number of growers both indoor and out. I have a buddy in Santa Cruz he is doing just fine, gets from 225-250 per oz and harvests 2-3 lbs. every 2 months. He sells to about 13 -14 patients at a very good price for very good product. He is not greedy and has no illusion of ruling the world. Tends to his garden everyday and sells some clones as well. His customers stay with him until they die, and then he has folks waiting to fill the void. Not everyone has to rock a warehouse to get by.

I think reality is though you will not make millions (if you stay within guidelines), you will make enough to live and do what you love (growing weed). No business plan = failure, no matter what your business is. But we always need good people out here.

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you are willing to get a shit job or two and work to make ends meet until your crop starts coming in, so be it. The money you will make wont be nearly as much as you used to. But hey, I don't know what #s are going for in colorado, anyone want to enlighten us?
page 3....

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
I don't think I have even seen the proposed laws for DC yet... whats the plant count and such? Dispensaries going to be allowed?

CA is about to lose their status as the most permissive MMJ jurisdiction.

The limit is whatever is reasonably needed.

Dispensaries have to be non-profit, and run by DC residents.

Patients don't need to be DC residents to be protected. Actually it looks like the doctors don't need to be DC doctors either. If you understand the commuter culture in DC that shouldn't seem off the wall.

Caregivers are fairly well defined.

No special taxes are allowed to be assessed against medical cannabis NPOs or patients.

The District is directed to pay for medical cannabis for indigent patients.

If it hadn't been written in 1997 I'd swear that they used the failures of P215/SB420 to avoid a number of annoying pitfalls, but these smart people figured it out by themselves.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/local/longterm/library/dcelections/races/dcq59.htm

zenoonez

Veteran
CA is about to lose their status as the most permissive MMJ jurisdiction.

The limit is whatever is reasonably needed.

Dispensaries have to be non-profit, and run by DC residents.

Patients don't need to be DC residents to be protected. Actually it looks like the doctors don't need to be DC doctors either. If you understand the commuter culture in DC that shouldn't seem off the wall.

Caregivers are fairly well defined.

No special taxes are allowed to be assessed against medical cannabis NPOs or patients.

The District is directed to pay for medical cannabis for indigent patients.

If it hadn't been written in 1997 I'd swear that they used the failures of P215/SB420 to avoid a number of annoying pitfalls, but these smart people figured it out by themselves.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/local/longterm/library/dcelections/races/dcq59.htm

I like the security of 100sqft canopy per patient personally :) But hey, it looks promising. I don't know if I could get a rec though. I guess I will wait and see what happens.

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
Hey now, I didn't wrong you. I am just saying, I am close enough that it wouldn't be that bad of a move and was thinking about moving to DC since I heard the news but I haven't seen the laws and such.

I didn't say you wronged me whippersnapper. But like you said, there's not that many places to choose from. Then again, I'm not scared of black people.

I posted the link to I-59 above.

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
I like the security of 100sqft canopy per patient personally :) But hey, it looks promising. I don't know if I could get a rec though. I guess I will wait and see what happens.

It took like 4 hours for the first pot doc to set up shop in Michigan. I guess I'm lucky, I got a cannabis friendly DC doc lined up. I'll likely have my DC rec before the end of the month. But then I've got some really impressive neck x-rays.

zenoonez

Veteran
I didn't say you wronged me whippersnapper. But like you said, there's not that many places to choose from. Then again, I'm not scared of black people.

I posted the link to I-59 above.

I read it, like I said, interesting, hard to be a caregiver unless you know people personally who are in need. I guess it is the same as other states though, never really considered being a caregiver, more like a member of a coop. I wonder how coops or collectives could work in this model. And I don't have a problem with any people in particular. I have always been a minority where I live and didn't mind at all.

zenoonez

Veteran
It took like 4 hours for the first pot doc to set up shop in Michigan. I guess I'm lucky, I got a cannabis friendly DC doc lined up. I'll likely have my DC rec before the end of the month. But then I've got some really impressive neck x-rays.

Thats awesome man. I don't have any xrays, insomnia is about the only ailment that I could think of other than life that I treat with cannabis.

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
yeah is DC having reciprocity?

From the way I read it if you have a legit rec from a doctor you're legal in DC. I'm not sure if that's reciprocity, I think it's broader. Because someone from Arkansas could get a rec from a doctor in Georgia and be legal when he's in the District. I'm not sure it would get you in the door at a dispensary, but it's way too early to even speculate on that.

What I really like is the idea of the DC gov't paying for poor people's medicine. I get to specialize in helping the truly sick and dying, and no whining about the price of the medicine.

S

sparkjumper

Everyone move to Cali and stay away from Florida the laws suck and the place stinks of old people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts