What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

California does NOT need any more GROWERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macster2

LOL -

Have we gotten off track a little on the subject at hand. The real issue is the warning for those who are inspired by a false reality that California will be everything they think it is, when in fact, it is a struggle everyday. Many have seen it firsthand and are going through it right now.

We can say what we like, but I keep getting rep on my post by people THANKING me for speaking the real. Its not a joke!

Roger Waters:
I'm all right Jack keep your hands off of my stack

Macster2

Why don't you at least be honest and say "don't come to Cali the price on my weed is falling and I don't like it. STAY AWAY" a least then you'd be being honest.
You should be passing on survival tips.Locations of cheap rent.etc your message is self serving.

Who are you fooling.

Shame on you

Why don't you at least be honest and say "don't come to Cali the price on my weed is falling and I don't like it. STAY AWAY" a least then you'd be being honest.
You should be passing on survival tips.Locations of cheap rent.etc your message is self serving.

Who are you fooling.

Shame on you

Moderators have already deleted three of your posts, stop crying everytime you come in here. For some reason, this thread hit home for you personally.

Learn how to read and stop posting in this thread because your questions have been answered. I'm tired of you jumping in here, reading a line or two, taking a shot at this thread, then leaving again so you can come back to talk about another line or two.

There is no "cheap rent" unless it's in the ghetto and you had all the "survival" tips you needed with the warnings I issued. No one wants you here with your negativity. Stop coming back if all you are going to spew is hatred every time you come in.

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran

Who are you fooling.

Shame on you

The "survival tip", as you put it, is don't come to Cali expecting to make money off of growing weed. Come here only if you are prepared with a good chunk of change and job lined up.

SoCaliSmoker is right. It has happened before in the past. How many people come out to LA to make it big in the entertainment industry only to be busing tables at the local diner or dancing at some strip joint. Now it's with medical cannabis. People who do not live here California Dream, I was one of them. Thinking back, I would have waited and made some more money so I am not in the situation I am in. I have no real job and the prospects are getting smaller everyday. Basically what we are saying is think about it really hard and make sure you have all your bases covered before making the move out here. We are trying to warn people to let them know to not move here for the wrong reasons because there is a good chance you won't make it.

There is no need for your negativity. The mods have already deleted a few of your posts, that should be a hint that what you are doing is not cool. I am not sure what is going on in your life but there is no need to take it out on SoCaliSmoker or anyone else for that matter...or are you just a dick?

johnnyla

Veteran
i agree the negativity sucks.

in reality, come on out. the weather is awesome and so are the women. of course you will be too busy trying to survive to enjoy much of it. enjoy being a minority if you are a white boy, enjoy being engulfed in people all the time, enjoy the traffic, waiting in line everywhere, inflated cost of goods and services, and the more of you come the lower the price of herb will be and harder for you to survive.

just because it's sort of legal doesn't mean people are waiting to give you a job or help you unload your harvest. hey if it doesn't work out post your link to used gear for the rest of us.

if it does work out, come back on here and tell us what worked.

good luck if you don't have a real job lined up, cash saved, major skills to compete, know a lot of people, and i'm sure i left out a few things.

happy holidaze.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
The following is an attempt at humor. No need to flame me. Thank you.

Just a thought- if enough people go to California, maybe it will break off and fall into the Pacific.

Me? I'm movin' to Arizona- the NEW West Coast.

h&r

oh there are some awesome cheap rents in the state, just gotta know where to look...right fuzzy? sssshhh!!

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
enjoy being a minority if you are a white boy, enjoy being engulfed in people all the time, enjoy the traffic, waiting in line everywhere
happy holidaze.

hahahaha this is 100% true as a mother fucker..me and my roomate were at the walmart in oakland a few weeeks ago when we realized we were the ONLY white people there. everyone else was hispanic, black, or dark skinned asian...

mad traffic everywhere too because they all gotta ferry their kids around all day....

Macster2

Moderators have already deleted three of your posts, stop crying everytime you come in here. For some reason, this thread hit home for you personally.

Learn how to read and stop posting in this thread because your questions have been answered. I'm tired of you jumping in here, reading a line or two, taking a shot at this thread, then leaving again so you can come back to talk about another line or two.

There is no "cheap rent" unless it's in the ghetto and you had all the "survival" tips you needed with the warnings I issued. No one wants you here with your negativity. Stop coming back if all you are going to spew is hatred every time you come in.

Mod deleted one,(cause of a swear word) I another as I really don't mean to flame anyone.But I stick by my premus Your post is selve serving and those that agree with you are probably Cali growers also

Macster2

The "survival tip", as you put it, is don't come to Cali expecting to make money off of growing weed. Come here only if you are prepared with a good chunk of change and job lined up.

SoCaliSmoker is right. It has happened before in the past. How many people come out to LA to make it big in the entertainment industry only to be busing tables at the local diner or dancing at some strip joint. Now it's with medical cannabis. People who do not live here California Dream, I was one of them. Thinking back, I would have waited and made some more money so I am not in the situation I am in. I have no real job and the prospects are getting smaller everyday. Basically what we are saying is think about it really hard and make sure you have all your bases covered before making the move out here. We are trying to warn people to let them know to not move here for the wrong reasons because there is a good chance you won't make it.

There is no need for your negativity. The mods have already deleted a few of your posts, that should be a hint that what you are doing is not cool. I am not sure what is going on in your life but there is no need to take it out on SoCaliSmoker or anyone else for that matter...or are you just a dick?

As I said Mods deleted one post probably for swearing.
Growing pot anywhere to make a living is a gamble and anywhere you can make it or break it. But at $3500 a pound and legal I think my chances of success are as good or better there then anywhere.

Macster2

And trying to do some growing were you can get a job as well, is hardly the same as trying to break into the film industry

LAMBS-BREAD

Veteran
They say misery is less painful under the sun than a grey sky... I have friends living in L.A since a year now. They are a cople from france, first few months were lil hard but now is getting better everyday....They both work and rent a house in venice.

Now if u are going there to open a legal marijuana center, u make sure u got cash $$€€££.

"The best recommendation I can offer is to be certain that you have at least $50,000 as a BARE MINIMUM (often more in the range of $75,000 to $100,000 but this is dependant on location and build-out) to get the basics, and this does not include medication, pipes, water-pipes, papers and other accessories, vaporizers, or any related merchandise or clones you may want to carry. "

u see what i mean......borke pocket can't make it.

Macster2

The price of pot where I am is 2k a pound there about, which means its a hell of a lot more competitive here then there, oooh watch out its so tough here ooooh scarey stuff

The price of pot where I am is 2k a pound there about, which means its a hell of a lot more competitive here then there, oooh watch out its so tough here ooooh scarey stuff

At $2,000 a pound in your area, like you claim, that means your ounces are selling for $125.00. An ounce of fire weed should be going for $250 - $400 an ounce if its the DANK. Or better yet, that means your breakdown would be under $20 an eighth at cost for you (close to $16).

When an eighth is 3.5 grams and you ask someone for a sack and he tells you it'll be $20, like in your area, (and the guy is making a profit off a $20 eighth) this is what your getting:

de-tweede-kamer-thai-003.JPG

So now that we know you smoke garbage, where exactly is it that you live anyway? We haven't figured that one out yet?

(HEY, you put your foot in your own mouth with this one)

G

gogoplata420

Mod deleted one,(cause of a swear word) I another as I really don't mean to flame anyone.But I stick by my premus Your post is selve serving and those that agree with you are probably Cali growers also

i agree with them and while i grow it has nothing to do with weed or the market. i just dont want anyone moving here just because its soooo crowded. i love california but i think about moving all the time just to get away from all the people...

i mean everybody wants to be here and by everyone wanting to be here, they're ruining where they wanted to be but they dont realize it.

also are you guys going to make all new friends? dont get me wrong youll make friends(especially if your growing bud) but odds are you wont make any REAL friends. youll get lots of smoking buddies but if it were me that wouldnt be good enough... i just dont understand the willingness to end one life just to have a chance at a life revolving around weed and imo a life revolving around weed when you dont have family or friends sounds shitty

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
I can get this for 2500 an lb.....

picture.php

picture.php

If u live outa state buying FROM cali might be the instead of tryna move here n grow it.

U

ureapwhatusow

anyone who has to move to cali to cash in on weed is a chump

moving to be legally free for personal us. different story

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You guys are all fighting to much ... this thread is closed

I think this subject has been pretty hashed out at this point and is best off if we just move on to something else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.