What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

California does NOT need any more GROWERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenoonez

Veteran
The growers don't need any more growers. The consumers need all they can scam into moving here.

I'm doing my part...on my way out the door...I'm DC bound, they just developed a sudden need for medical grade cannabis. CA can kiss my ass!

Where you finding a place to live and grow thats cheap and isn't in the middle of the hood? I have been to DC and most of it is some run down shit.

ROJO145

Veteran
I lol'd at that. You don't even know anyone on here dude. 30-40k is f'ing peanuts these days. There are a lot of business people on this site too. You sure are presumptuous.

I know ALOT of people on here,glad it brought you a laugh.See it started already!!
Not presumptuous,in tune with reality!

Big operation does not equal $600 a month. My electric is $2,000 every 30 days

$4,600-4,800 for OG Kush all day in LA here.

Thanks for proving the point on one point. You put $2,000 a month for electricity (I was figuring a minimum $1,000 but I put $600 to for smaller grows) so I'm glad you second that. It actuall is more than I estimated.

And yes, the OG Kush (all Kush family, Bubba Kush, Headband, O.G) is selling like hot cakes right now. But, you remember when we could have at least 10 or 15 different kinds that sold for 5K. I just wanted to say that the market is not like how it used to be. Maybe you'll find that killer dank, but the economy and the flood of outdoor (its December) has hurt the market.

Come spring-summer, Indoor will be in higher demand again.

Well I for one will be moving to cali very soon . All the hate threads on dont move to cali are really funny to me and make me think they just dont want the stess of knowing someone might actually do better with it than they do .
not trying to pick a fight but gangsters really you are joking right every metro city has gangs and if i remember correctly cali crime rate is lower than where i live now nice scare tactic tho LOL
when this site first started chatting with peope from cali they would tell you to get your ass out there . That they would help you any way they could . I understand times change but damn all threads pertaining to moving to cali get bashed by cali growers saying no dont do it it wont work for ya . What gives ???
When i talk to club owners and employees I allways hear the same thing they are allways looking fo people who can grow quality meds . That they are tired of people wanting top dollar for half ass grown crops from people who are just looking to get paid.

Why all the negative vibes from cali ?????

hippie_lettuce

Garden Nymph
Veteran
Damn, the only post I really agree with is Centrum's. I don't feel that you have a right to tell anybody not to go anywhere they want to. It's their responsibility to think these things out for themselves. The situation in California is not unique. Go to Illinois, go to Memphis. You will really see how bad the economic situation is in Memphis. Now THAT is a place I wouldn't want to be caught growing/selling in.
Think Martin Luther King, and a dream deferred. If you want to come to Cali, come on in.

Edit: I can see that this thread is mainly about the prices that current Cali growers are getting. Please don't be greedy, just because you had the same pipedream.

golden

When i talk to club owners and employees I allways hear the same thing they are allways looking fo people who can grow quality meds . That they are tired of people wanting top dollar for half ass grown crops from people who are just looking to get paid.

they are looking for newbies they can lowball, all these posts are actually true, the old guys know whats its like and really arent looking to see new guys get their asses handed to em, and go back home with their tail between their legs and no dough

we actually care about you

G

Greyskull

Thanks for proving the point on one point. You put $2,000 a month for electricity (I was figuring a minimum $1,000 but I put $600 to for smaller grows) so I'm glad you second that. It actuall is more than I estimated.

3200w runs me close to 800 in the winter and up to 1100 in the summer...

And yes, the OG Kush (all Kush family, Bubba Kush, Headband, O.G) is selling like hot cakes right now. But, you remember when we could have at least 10 or 15 different kinds that sold for 5K. I just wanted to say that the market is not like how it used to be. Maybe you'll find that killer dank, but the economy and the flood of outdoor (its December) has hurt the market.

Come spring-summer, Indoor will be in higher demand again.

i do remember paying 6400 for an elbow a few years back of the finest OG i've ever had... i will say i didnt feel raped or ripped off regarding what i had to pay to get it... the only feelings i had were those of being except stoked and stoned out of my mind - the bets buds...

joeking

If your growing for profit, which a lot are, then approach it like a buisness, sit down crunch the numbers. Look at all things, overhead, legalities, supply and demand. One good thing about living in the midwest is that there isn't a growers boom, so as long as you don't draw attention to yourself, there arent a lot of ops gettin shut down. I personally believe that some of the more hard hit areas of the country would be great places to do a get in and get out type of operation, say a one or two year plan, get in blow up, bounce. Just depends on if your growing for your ego or for a good cause.

Well I for one will be moving to cali very soon . All the hate threads on dont move to cali are really funny to me and make me think they just dont want the stess of knowing someone might actually do better with it than they do .
not trying to pick a fight but gangsters really you are joking right every metro city has gangs and if i remember correctly cali crime rate is lower than where i live now nice scare tactic tho LOL
when this site first started chatting with peope from cali they would tell you to get your ass out there . That they would help you any way they could . I understand times change but damn all threads pertaining to moving to cali get bashed by cali growers saying no dont do it it wont work for ya . What gives ???

Now that. That is wishful thinking and NO, there are no scare tactics involved. Everything is as I claimed it to be.

If it was easy, and magical as you made it sound (remember, people like me live here) then everyone would be doing it? Right? That is why there are so many people "talking" about how they want to do it..........

they are looking for newbies they can lowball, all these posts are actually true, the old guys know whats its like and really arent looking to see new guys get their asses handed to em, and go back home with their tail between their legs and no dough

we actually care about you

So dont even try just give up on some strangers word that they will fail . Sounds about right this day and age nobody wants to work they just want it handed to them . Well if you dont try you will never learn . failure is a badge of honor because atleast you tried .

zenoonez

Veteran
If you are willing to get a shit job or two and work to make ends meet until your crop starts coming in, so be it. The money you will make wont be nearly as much as you used to. But hey, I don't know what #s are going for in colorado, anyone want to enlighten us?

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
Dude you ever been to DC?

you think Cali is Hard?

Umm, grew up there, well the 'burbs actually, but same difference. Lived there for over 4 decades so yes, I'm experienced. I moved to CA to be legal. I'm going home.

I don't think CA is hard at all. I think it sucks. Just too many lunatics. For christ sake there are potheads railing against TC2010.

I'm sure not gonna let the door hit me in the ass.

zenoonez

Veteran
Umm, grew up there, well the 'burbs actually, but same difference. Lived there for over 4 decades so yes, I'm experienced. I moved to CA to be legal. I'm going home.

I don't think CA is hard at all. I think it sucks. Just too many lunatics. For christ sake there are potheads railing against TC2010.

I'm sure not gonna let the door hit me in the ass.

I don't think I have even seen the proposed laws for DC yet... whats the plant count and such? Dispensaries going to be allowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts