What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

California does NOT need any more GROWERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROJO145

Veteran
I wouldn't leave with less than 30-40k in the bank, if you wanted to make sure you don't end up on the street. Maybe a little more. I have good friend that grows north of San Fran too. That still doesn't make it appealing enough for me though.

Ha,30 or 40 k,LOL......there mite be 3 people on this site with that much disposable income around,nah who am I kiddin,there aint a person on this site who could pull 40k outta his ass tommorow........ya can all start liein now!!

G

gogoplata420

if growers could just keep their shit on the down low they could make wayy more money than they could in ca... my uncle moved away from ca and put himself thru college with a 600 watter and a couple of shoplights...

I dunno, the more posts I read it sounds like a lot of angry locals upset that they couldn't hack the game, thereby assuming that out of towners have just no chance??

30-40 grand? I left with 30 something beans I ordered from mark freakin' emery on my mommy's laptop at age 18 and a few grand saved from my big ballin' papa johns delivery salary. I ended up staying for years...

That, or some people just have really weak ass survival skills. If your grow pops, go work 80 hours a week. People saying you can't find work just aren't trying hard enough, or have a different expectation that I did starting out. I worked 2 jobs through college while growing pot.

It's really not that hard to "make it," if making it means surviving and having a few luxuries out there with great pot...if making it means a six figure boat and a million dollar house, well, I can't speak to that....

clearly others think differently, so I'll stop repeating myself and just let everyone decide for themselves.

Respect to all.

if growers could just keep their shit on the down low they could make wayy more money than they could in ca... my uncle moved away from ca and put himself thru college with a 600 watter and a couple of shoplights...

I've actually used this mentality and thought the other way. I wasn't taking shots at anyone (like I said in my thread) I've put myself in the other shoes.

What if I WANTED to move to Colorado? Or Michigan for example? What would I need, where would I choose, who do I know, who can I sell too, how can I make this all work, things like that. There is so much attention to detail before you pick up your life and go, and I don't know how I would do it.

I just wouldn't know where to start...

KharmaGirl

~Resident Puck Bunny~
Veteran
Having 30k in equity is nothin.....Some people do know how to save and budget and have stuff shoved away "just in case".

G

gogoplata420

do not move to california you will get aids and die, our girls are ugly, our beaches are disgusting, and the weed really isnt that good. stay away

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
The growers don't need any more growers. The consumers need all they can scam into moving here.

I'm doing my part...on my way out the door...I'm DC bound, they just developed a sudden need for medical grade cannabis. CA can kiss my ass!

golden

my uncle moved away from ca and put himself thru college with a 600 watter and a couple of shoplights...

oh man good story that, and there are some ugly girls of course but there are also those girls you take one look at and end up needing therapy cuz you cant have em

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Agreed, pick a state besides California if this is your plan. A lot of the California people are starting to head for Colorado and the other states that are just going legal. Cali is pretty flooded most of the time.

Colorado is full...

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wish I knew some people out of Colorado so I could ask them how the market is out there. Prices of living, how much demand is there, what kind of weed they smoke, things like that.

I've seen "Cali" come up as the first option of choices, and I wanted to put something out there to let everyone know its not all fun and games.

Colorado I've seen has risen highly in the ranks. I'd like to meet someone and chat....
Ask away. Things are going down the shitter right now for Med folks in Co. If your are selling wholesale QP's legally, you can get 1000, maybe.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I always allocate 20% of the budget to Murphy's Law on new major projects. He will use it. Especially, if you moving out of state and starting your own business with no connections in the local market. That is hard to do in any industry. If you want to compete and make it, you better bring a big bag o cash.

If you step over dollars to get to dimes while moving to one of the most expensive states in the union, you are going to be picking up pennies off the sidewalk IMO. It certainly can be done. There are those people who do it right and then there are the ones with the pipe dream that are destroyed by the competition because the either didn't have a plan or failed to execute it for whatever reasons.

I'm sure there are success stories of people who moved out there on the cheap and have made it. That's a major accomplishment, but I'm speaking in general terms. I'm all about people chasing dreams. Hell, it's what I'm doing. Everyone has that "big dream." The people who actually get to live it work harder than everyone else. I think it all comes down to, how much money do you have and how much are you willing to work. The answer to both should be A LOT.

ROJO145

Veteran
Having 30k in equity is nothin.....Some people do know how to save and budget and have stuff shoved away "just in case".

True lady,but equity is not liquid,if were sellin all our land and houses to move I am sure we will be ok.Then again this thread wasnt aimed at the well heeled mover was it.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ha,30 or 40 k,LOL......there mite be 3 people on this site with that much disposable income around,nah who am I kiddin,there aint a person on this site who could pull 40k outta his ass tommorow........ya can all start liein now!!

I lol'd at that. You don't even know anyone on here dude. 30-40k is f'ing peanuts these days. There are a lot of business people on this site too. You sure are presumptuous.

G

Greyskull

5K a pound is dead. That was 2006 prices.

If you break it down, you could get $1,250 a quarter pound for the SUPER, DUPER, KILLER DANK, but even that is considered rape.

If someone claims they're getting $5,000 a pound they're flat out lying. Or you have some suckers that you sell too, and even they will find another plug after awhile. The economy is just too down for those days again...

bullshit.
not in my circles.
and we still do it with love.

i can from experience say that even though the outdoor crops have caused the indoor market to take its annual slip, i have seen a drop in demand for the 'upper middle tier' of indoor buds... you know the indoor stuff the shops used to pay 3200-3600 for... because the shops are growing of their own upper-middies now. those heavy yeilding plants that are 'alright' to smoke... can't grow those now and expect the same revenue one used to expect.

but if you have something rare and stellar, oh, and you have a big fat green fucking thumb (because buyers arent stupid anymore they are growers - the good ones - employed for QA purposes), then you have something you can work with.

if you think you can come to california score some clones and start an op and 'make it' you are pretty delusional. you better be a big fish where you used to be, with the greenest thumb, because every single minute detail is important. because it costs a lot to live here. and the competetion level here isnt like it is in kansas...

i betcha i could make some dollar in kansas... but fuck that place i dont like tornadoes!

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
SDG & E (San Diego Gas and Electric) is not playing around. If you have bad credit, $500 deposit. If you’re going to do a big operation, you can easily pay $600 a month or MORE just for your utility bill, and that is if you are staying home like a hermit everyday. Pricing may vary depending on how big your operation is, but it’s a good guesstimate.[/FONT][/SIZE]

Big operation does not equal $600 a month. My electric is like 4x that

5K a pound is dead. That was 2006 prices.

If you break it down, you could get $1,250 a quarter pound for the SUPER, DUPER, KILLER DANK, but even that is considered rape.

If someone claims they're getting $5,000 a pound they're flat out lying. Or you have some suckers that you sell too, and even they will find another plug after awhile. The economy is just too down for those days again...

$4,600-4,800 for OG Kush all day in LA here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts