What's new

Cali club make'n me SICK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
everybody knows that weed is almost as cheap as cigarretes now.... clubs are paying about half what they used to pay..... so why the FUCK are these clubs still charging drout season prices to the patient? 60 an 8th??? i can get an OUNCE for 100 on the streets thats BETTER quality! the cold part is the ones they gettin over on is the really sick and elderly who dont have outside connections. FUCK ALL YOU SCANDELOUS ASS CLUBS AND YOUR DUMBASS WORKERS. im boycotting.

Molson

And yet still every once in a while a thread will pop up about what the gov and big pharma will do once cannabis is legalized... and here is it... price gouging... by dispensaries.

Compassionate care? What a joke. The industry is - unfortunately - profit driven just like everything else.

Someone needs to take a stand...

You know why, bro. Because they can.

Genuinely needy people are being taken advantage of in a grotesque way. Since legalization failed (for now), maybe we should consider putting efforts into price control of some kind.

I consider myself a capitalist, but I've never been a fan of the fusion of the medical industry and capitalism. Some things need to be genuinely not for profit.

So lets stop bitching and start a conversation about making real changes. Anybody?

Morphote

Veteran
I'm with you on the boycott. My favorite bit is where they charge tax when they are supposed to be nonprofit. Barring a major disaster on my part, they won't see any of my money for a long long time. It would be nice if they actually cared about their patients. Get them in, charge them too much, then quickly rush them out the door. They're all shady IMO. Greedy bastards. I also think they're spraying something on the buds, but that's another story.

M.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i grow my own bud but il still pay 60 an 8th for some good good. whys is it so crazy...if someone grows super bomb bud it should be 50-60 an 8th.

now clubs selling outdoors for 50 an 8th and regular indoors for 60? thats a shame.

and yea some clubs are not wiggled on their prices at all...110 a quarter, 30 a half 8th, 20 a gram...shits pricey! not all clubs are paying lowball prices though...i know for a fact that one club pays the growers 3200 a lb for their top shelf indoor kush...and the clubs gotta eat the tax so they are paying around 3600 after taxes. and this is happening right now in full flood season effect.

the only shit thats 100 an OZ right now is midgrade weed. even in the most weeed infested part of the triangle...a good kick me in the ass super glue sticky indoors will still fetch 200+/- a zone...if not you got shitty customers and your weed aint as good as you think..

my friend is selling the girlscoutcookies in SF right now for 250-300 a zip on street, in the club 350 plus tax....dont wanna pay you dont got to..plenty of mid grade around for the cheap skates...

also street dealers dont gotta worry about taxes, monthly leases, business fess, licensing fees, and the dealers arent donating part of their profits either so of course there stuff is cheaper.

not sure why you are complaining....high prices in the clubs means that one can engage in price wars...if the clubs were selling buds for 100 an oz regular momnpop growers would be getting even more lowballed than they are right now in cali..

Last edited:

HighDesertJoe

COME ON PEOPLE NOW
Veteran
Hell tell me about it my brother who needs Meds gets his from *Dispensary's, I don't smoke anymore but I was heavy in the scene many years ago as a smoker, dealer and grower, so I'm always checking out what they bring by. After 2ys and many different places they all seem to be selling over priced inferior product and when he's unemployment runs out and the little Micro grow we're trying to set up for him's not producing enough he'll be back on the street scrounging around for Stress weed (Mexican) as they call it around here running in to he's low life Speed freaks friends, he's done good now for over 2years staying off the white shit, Sorry for the Rant

*I should of said Delivery services there are 18 of them now and just open up two brick and mortar Dispensary's.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
I dont mind 60 8ths if its kill and they pay top for it, but my folks dropped a lb at the club for 2200 of some erkle, they turn around and sell it for the same 60 8th! this is sactown clubs, i dont know bout other cities but most clubs(MOST NOT ALL) wontpay over 2500 for the best shit out there. a lot of them wont pay for the best shit period cuz they wont go over 2000 at all, and still sellin fo top dollar. there are some cool spots but few and far between.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
I live in the IE...and I found I had to adjust my prices--
Ppl say they get $45 eighths at the Dispensary...I give it for $40...and better weed--
Shit is slow...I need to undercut!!
The crop I grew, just got trimmed...100 lbs, final count-- (Wish it was all mine!!)
Last year I was getting $60 an eighth, $4000 a lb...(Yes, I sell both!!)
This year is drastically different--
I'm not greedy...just needy!! lol:)

ROJO145

Veteran
lol,ya just cant take the dope dealin mentality outta the equation can ya's!All the talk about compasion and the underlying Im medical so Im better than you attitude and whats it all really boil down too??Money!!Who says cigs are cheap Mo?mine cost 10 bucks a pack!!!

Ramius

Veteran
Nothing worse than people bitching about clubs, you should count yourself so lucky! The rest of us don't have that luxury who have to either buy our medicine illegally or grow it with the risk of being sent to prison

HighDesertJoe

COME ON PEOPLE NOW
Veteran
Nothing worse than people bitching about clubs, you should count yourself so lucky! The rest of us don't have that luxury who have to either buy our medicine illegally or grow it with the risk of being sent to prison

Yeah your right I get a little jaded living in California. :tiphat:

Complain about the price, to high? Clubs pay too low? That's how businesses stay in business. Capitalism; flawed as it is, even has a place in the cannabis world.

T

theJointedOne

there is a great club in chico that was dong all there outdoor for 200 a zip 60 a quarter and now i went back they raised all there prices to 80 a quarter plus tax 275 a zip, bumbaclott!!

i here you getmo, when outdoor elbows are 2000-2300 how do they get off selling a zip for almost 300 of outdoor? im boycotting clubs as well....well until i need to go to anotherone!hhahah hopefully thats not soon

J

juicepuddle

You just gotta try more clubs man, I know theres some high grade out there for 40 - 45 an 1/8th, the fire usually runs 60 though, unless you get lucky.

spring fed

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have heard some folks are unloading decent outdoor to the clubs for $600/lb. People are sitting on thousands of pounds of good out. Everyone went ape shit this year and with the good weather and zero pressure from leo.....holy shit is all I can say.
What do you guys think about all the people growing that don't smoke? I don't know why, but it kind of rubs me the wrong way.

Cool Moe

Veteran
I agree GET MO the pricing at the Cali clubs seems way too high. For someone truly in need for medical reasons the annual cost of decent mj is insanely expensive. If you go to weedmaps and take a look at the Colorado menus their pricing seems to be way more reasonable. But can't everyone who is registered in an mmj-legal state grow their own? If I lived in a legal state my primary use for the dispensaries would be to sample all the different genetics to find the strain(s) that work best for me. Then procure the genetics via seed or clone form and lock that strain in for life in your growroom.

T

theJointedOne

I have heard some folks are unloading decent outdoor to the clubs for $600/lb. People are sitting on thousands of pounds of good out. Everyone went ape shit this year and with the good weather and zero pressure from leo.....holy shit is all I can say.
What do you guys think about all the people growing that don't smoke? I don't know why, but it kind of rubs me the wrong way.

i couldnt agree with you more and yeah wtf :shucks: :smoke out:

bluekush

that's what the problem is if dumb fucks would just stop selling there shit for rock bottom prices because club know they will run into some dumb peeps through the day that will sell them some. # for rockbottom prices cuz they have no idea what they are doing people just gotta remember club can't support themselves if people would learn to walk you would see the market shift but since anyone can grow outdoor you get he idiots who grow 15# and sell it for 12k but whatever indo is where its at.

Status
Not open for further replies.