What's new

C- BANANA S1

~star~crash~

look @ the pointy serrations on these leaves :sasmokin:

picture.php

~star~crash~

Plants look good, you have a nice place to keep them.

Have they been outside all their life? I ask because they don't look too far along into flower. I have some outside that had supplemental light until 8/21, and they look about a week or more farther along than yours.

Probably just a difference in genetics, mine are c99 f-2's, gg4x jacks cleaner, gg4xkaboom, kaboom, 3-D, jillybean and gg4.

Probably a latitude difference as well

yeah they been outdoors au-natural the whole time since seedlings
...i got plans for them if it gets bad outside ... they get finished... you'll see

Joint Lock

Wow you take joy in the fact i said others are lucky and im bummed i dont think id get any? You are a real looser. Another one to the ignore list

Looser = The dog got loose
LOSER = a asshole person :p

Loser nah , I think someone is butt hurt tot he point u tossed him to ignore add me to please

billb

Veteran
Looks great Star!! Awesome job bro!! Those are so serrated on the ends. Very nice.
Can't wait!!!😁

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
had no time they were a late outdoor start...i got small clones from these plants under 12/12 in a 3k room currently:biggrin:

I have topped some right when I put them into flower. The will recover during stretch. Not ideal but will be fine. U would get a yield increase from it. .

~star~crash~

the problems i found was that the seedlings grew with such rocket ferocity they looked like celery stalks ... seriously i've never seen anything like it before and there were almost no nodes... if i did a hard early topping it would have required several successive toppings to even get it close to bush like ... would have taken so much time and i wanted to get the show going as quick as possible ... from seed>> she seems to be a she's a very upright variety

~star~crash~

There have been many over the years. It s always rotating when I find something I like a bit better for whatever reason.. The hardest part of it all is not having the space to pheno hunt. I need to start looking into a commercial site. I always have both reg/fem seeds going. These are all my keepers. With a few I cant list. Keeping it quite for now. This changes often

Lemon Tree---Culling soon dont like this much
Triangle Kush
Dosido
Sherb
fire x GSC
Purple Punch
NEM
HK
zkittlez
GG#4
Blue Steel
CB---culled

coming in soon
Orange Glue
Bruce banner #3
Mimosa

orange glue?? i imagine thats going to be GG Strains private stock ??? :smoker: Hammer the genetics you currently possess are what many peeps want ...lol ...we want it because you've already done the work and the selections ...and considering whats already gone through your hands ...wow is all i can say...i'm fortunate to still have the FireStorm going strong ... and i think i can get my hands on the HK ...not sure yet ... PS , i hard topped the CB s1 clones

hayday

Veteran
I'm right at day 30 and have been pluckin nuts the whole time but it looks like it might pay off. My 4 plants are all putting out good female flowers and all the balls are staying low and seem to becoming non existent .
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Fingers crossed these stay good for me. Big, tall ,pretty girls

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm right at day 30 and have been pluckin nuts the whole time but it looks like it might pay off. My 4 plants are all putting out good female flowers and all the balls are staying low and seem to becoming non existent .
View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

If all plants have nuts I would have culled them all. This is a dom intersex issue. All the out crosses none had dom intersex traits. very odd.

Drumskinz

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Stay vigilant man...I know from experience not with C-banana but with some plants I've had, any little bit of stress and them little bastard bananas form just under a node near the bottom of the plant. So freakin tiny they are too. Hopefully that won't happen now that you've been checking for a month. Good luck

If all plants have nuts I would have culled them all. This is a dom intersex issue. All the out crosses none had dom intersex traits. very odd.
Hey Hammer, it's much more likely to be a recessive intersex trait which has been expressed because of the selfing. It is likely many of the C-Banana S1 offspring are now homozygous for the genes responsible for hermaphroditism. This is why inbreeding is discouraged in humans. It can lead to deleterious recessive gene expression.

The outcrosses have not expressed intersex as they have other dominant genes masking the trait. That is, they are heterozygous for those alleles responsible for intersex.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Hammer, it's much more likely to be a recessive intersex trait which has been expressed because of the selfing. It is likely many of the C-Banana S1 offspring are now homozygous for the genes responsible for hermaphroditism. This is why inbreeding is discouraged in humans. It can lead to deleterious recessive gene expression.

The outcrosses have not expressed intersex as they have other dominant genes masking the trait. That is, they are heterozygous for those alleles responsible for intersex.

This is specific to Cbanana s1. IMO its a dom trait. Cbanana is the worst I have seen in over a decade. I make plenty of s1 seeds. I rarely see dom intersex issues from other s1 seeds. My sdubb s1/s2 are as stable as any reg seed. After talking to others banana og was not stable..From what I know Cbanana came form those same seeds. I have grown enough over the decades to tell what is dom and recessive.

The Out crosses have intersex traits but in these its recessive because of the other genetics being dom. I might find 1 in 10. it still there from the cbanana side. The quality of the keepers are outstanding. For me it is well worth the hunt in these seeds. Its def possible to find something killer in CBS1 but u will find more plants with intersex issues.

Last edited:

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
This is specific to Cbanana. IMO its a dom trait. Cbanana is the worst I have seen in over a decade. I make plenty of s1 seeds. I rarely see intersex issues from other s1 seeds. Most have none. My sdubb s1/s2 are as stable as any reg seed. After talking to others banana og was not stable..From what I know Cbanana came form those same seeds. I have grown enough over the decades to tell what is dom and recessive.

The Out crosses have intersex traits but in these its recessive. I might find 1 in 10. it still there from the cbanana side. The quality of the keepers are outstanding. For me it is well worth the hunt in these seeds.

How common is the intersex?

Latest posts

Latest posts