What's new

C- BANANA S1

~star~crash~

i re grouped my thoughts and put all the plants back on the trellis line ... i'm really attracted to them & i'll just deal with them ..guess what? i noticed they stink! in a very good way ... like the foliage stinks when they were all grouped together ... it reeked:biggrin: ... when they stink like this outside i would imagine it means terp loud stinky flowers?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
fem seeds sucks

100% false.. I can say its sucks having to cull herms just like it is to cull males. I have found many more keepers in fem seeds. Cbanana has intersex traits that are passed. U must pheno hunt these but damn well worth it. I found 2 of my best keepers in my CB out crosses(fem seeds). Everyone makes fem seeds. Can't suck if we all still make them. Gonna get some Mimosa in to try(fem seeds).

G

Gr33nSanta

100% false.. I can say its sucks having to cull herms just like it is to cull males. I have found many more keepers in fem seeds. Cbanana has intersex traits that are passed. U must pheno hunt these but damn well worth it. I found 2 of my best keepers in my CB out crosses(fem seeds). Everyone makes fem seeds. Can't suck if we all still make them. Gonna get some Mimosa in to try(fem seeds).

To me they are nothing but inferior inbred lines. The reason why they are so popular nowadays is because it is far easier for breeders to protect their work and also way easier for the newbies to grow them out.

I understand it can be a good tool for a breeder to explore a line but I still prefer male to female reproduction.

Just my opinion, sorry I expressed it out loud in a rude manner in this thread. I am afraid some day we will regret all this feminization thing.

Plants hermiing was never intended to be a favorable thing for cannabis, merely a survival mechanism. That is why there are males and females.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Most people that have bad options based it off 1 try. The quality they produce are 2nd to none. My best came from fem seeds. I make both seed types. Female seeds produce 3:1 keepers here. If this was not the case I wouldn't make them or run them has nothing to do with newbies. There are many that prefer reg seeds thats fine but to say fem seeds suck is 100% false. . Cannabis plants hemie regularly in nature all the time. U have grown many u just don't know it. Plants that self pollinate in nature are no different then what fem seeds are.

billb

Veteran
What were your personal best fem'd strains? Bought and made?
Just curious, this next grow will be my first with fem'd beans. I'm usually going the clone route.

~star~crash~

some of you need to re-think their views on fem seeds, or gather more experience for them selves... I have had great success with both fems and regs... i'm growing out the c-banana because i want too... i want to taste the flowers !! simple plan

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
If any balls do pop up, just pick them off. Check every budsite. Fold the bud away from the stem and check the bottom sides of each bud. If you can pick the first balls off, it usually produces just female buds after that. Just be vigilant.

~star~crash~

no one is more diligent & vigilant then ~star~crash~

lol.. i'm an unofficial unlicensed, (i'm sanctioned though) , un-verified, yet proud humble grower of Hammerhead Genetics

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What were your personal best fem'd strains? Bought and made?
Just curious, this next grow will be my first with fem'd beans. I'm usually going the clone route.

There have been many over the years. It s always rotating when I find something I like a bit better for whatever reason.. The hardest part of it all is not having the space to pheno hunt. I need to start looking into a commercial site. I always have both reg/fem seeds going. These are all my keepers. With a few I cant list. Keeping it quite for now. This changes often

Lemon Tree---Culling soon dont like this much
Triangle Kush
Dosido
Sherb
fire x GSC
Purple Punch
NEM
HK
zkittlez
GG#4
Blue Steel
CB---culled

coming in soon
Orange Glue
Bruce banner #3
Mimosa

~star~crash~

picture.php

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Those would have been much bushier if topped a few times. If u run them again top a few for an increased yield.

redlaser

Veteran
Plants look good, you have a nice place to keep them.

Have they been outside all their life? I ask because they don't look too far along into flower. I have some outside that had supplemental light until 8/21, and they look about a week or more farther along than yours.

Probably just a difference in genetics, mine are c99 f-2's, gg4x jacks cleaner, gg4xkaboom, kaboom, 3-D, jillybean and gg4.

Probably a latitude difference as well

Latest posts

Latest posts